Return to Website

Queen's Own Highlanders Association

Strathclyde Branch

Queen's Own Highlanders Association
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trying to find B Coy 70-73

Is there anybody out there,Especially the boys from Dumbarton Jim Louge,John McGill,Peter Keilly. I've also seen some other names from B Coy I would like to wish well.

Tam Hunter,Eck Ross,Frank depellett.(Ronnie Baybutt he might not remember me.I was Chic Gallaghers mate the wee boy)

Re: Trying to find B Coy 70-73

Hi Eddie, Nice to hear you are still alive and kicking. All the very best. Frank

Hi Eddy,
Remember me I joined 5Plt B Coy in Nov 1970 just a week or so before we whent to NI (Short Strand) some great times there can u remember who it was that asked Donny Munro (then Guard Commander that night) if you can get 6ft penguins ??? I can lot of great blocks in the Plt then. hope to hear from you soon.

Hi Eddie, Rab maley here again from Vancouver Canada,another Ex B Coy 5 Pl, I also remember someone asking about 6 Ft Penguins , I see Ronnie Clopuk's name on the sight who I served with in the Short Strand, I was section 2i/c with Donny Munroe who was the Sec Cmndr. As I said previously, my apologies for losing touch with you, I will be back in Glasgow in November 17th 2006, lets try and have a beer together, I will be living with my brother in Crookston,if you can meet up let me know, my brothers Tel # is 41-882-0480, if you here from any of the others bring them along, would be nice to talk about the old days, also if you see Chic Gallagher tell him I said Hi.
Rab Maley
(Caber Feidh)

hi Eddie my young brother was in b.coy Ronnie Weir but sad to say he died in 1996.

hi eddie i was in the big 7 platoon with frank d, is it confirmed that chic passed away. harry young

Hi Eddie
Don't know if you remember me . Wally (Walrus) Tyrer 458 . we used to live in Loh Strasse Osnabruck .. many many moons ago .
Do you happen to know how I can get in touch with Jenny that was married to Graham Squair from B Coy? I have only her old address in Elgin and I think shes in Aberdeen now . Any info would be great
Cheeers
Mo x

hi are you harry young . i was in rece platoon and on the short strand osnabruk. i was at your wedding and the night before we lost our no.1 dresss