AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
1954 Jaguar driver side glass
This one is out of my league. If anyone has any info my friend would appreciate it.
Views: 372   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 1, 2014 5:41pm
by unbelievable
s
Sglass
Indie Dist. Tied Directly to Indie AGR Shops
Finally a Indie Dist. Realises their future is tied to the fate of Indie AGR. Replacement people. The Distributors can't sit back & not join the struggle. Many distributors weren't concerned about the fate of Indies because Bel/Safe was one of their major buyers....
Views: 384   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 1, 2014 5:10pm
by Just sayin
Independent Glass Association Announces Mygrant Glass Company as New Industry Partner
Collaboration will focus on strengthening independent glass shops in the USA. (PRWeb July 31, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/08/prweb12061359.htm
Views: 854   Replies: 28
Last Post: Aug 1, 2014 2:32pm
by ct. glass shop
m
Martin
Eqaulizer Viper?
Has anyone used the Equalizer viper for a quarter glass removal? Anything can look good in a video. Thanks. Martin
Views: 922   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 31, 2014 2:10am
by Mark
o
OC
What Constitutes Spam??
I have been trying to start a new thread about Norton blocking articles from GlassBYTEs, calling them unsecure or a suspicious redirect. But, I can not post it because it is called SPAM, what gives??
Views: 688   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jul 30, 2014 9:46pm
by MN shop
Is this site Jacked up?
I guess it could be the 3 PC's I have tried to post comments with however, Either all of our Computers have a virus or this site is Jacked up!!! Other sites I visit have no pop ups, This site wont quit with them!!!! SPAM SPAM and more SPAM, at least that's what is sa...
Views: 515   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 30, 2014 9:39pm
by MN shop
m
Martin
Should I give a Distributor my PGW other Password?
Hello, I was curious as to how many of you would be willing to turn over your companies login, and password to a Distributor so they could see what your buying at? I personally would not give my employees access to my passwords! I am sure as heck not going to...
Views: 977   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jul 30, 2014 10:35am
by xn
Stop it!
Currently, there is one company dominating and running rough shod over the rest of the auto glass repair and replacement industry, as well as, the auto glass claims administration industry. It is Safelite Group Inc. which has an aftermarket auto glass manufacturing...
Views: 455   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 30, 2014 9:31am
by Sir Spam a Lot
o
ohm
Ticket sales end in 20 hrs.
CEO. BUSINESS GURU. COMMUNITY LEADER. Feeney currently serves as president emeritus of the board of directors for Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Ohio, and is a board member for Champions of the Community Inc., a non-profit organization supporting Nationw...
Views: 402   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 30, 2014 3:51am
by xn
l
Larry
Battery Powered BTB
I like the BTB Air, has anyone used the battery powered version? I know that the Battery powered fein in GARBAGE, never buy one of these, and super bulky...
Views: 321   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 29, 2014 8:32pm
by Larry
Views: 270   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 28, 2014 10:03pm
by ProSource Glass ...
m
markk
mygrant glass co
looking to add another source for glass how is mygrant to work with.
Views: 1916   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jul 28, 2014 9:23pm
by Larry
Stop the corruption
Currently, there is one company dominating and running rough shod over the rest of the auto glass repair and replacement industry, as well as, the auto glass claims administration industry. It is Safelite Group Inc. which has an aftermarket auto glass manufacturing d...
Views: 1006   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 27, 2014 2:47pm
by Larry
US Marshalls
For anyone questioning this, call the US Marshalls office in CT. and ask if this is really the truth.
Views: 473   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 27, 2014 7:55am
by Smartglass
Were You Served a Subpoena in CT?
If anyone in CT that was served a subpoena can verify that an actual on duty U.S. Marshal served your company, the IGA would appreciate knowing this. Service by a U.S. Marshal is rare, occurring only when ordered by the court or the U.S. attorney. It would be unl...
Views: 523   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 26, 2014 6:53pm
by Larry
l
Lee
PGW and Mercedes Glass
Customer looking for a FW 2676/77. No aftermarket on this part and PGW shows no stock. If PGW is selling MB Dealers direct are they stocking the part for the dealers and denying there other customers access to purchase these glasses????????????????
Views: 1215   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jun 17, 2014 9:55pm
by Larry
o
ohm
Fine People of the State of Connecticut
You are to be applauded for your tenacity, and observations, regarding the protection of consumer's rights, the first of which is choice. So first and foremost, consider giving yourselves, (ourselves), "the consumers", the right to choice first,(did I mention firs...
Views: 886   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 24, 2014 3:21pm
by JB
I got an idea for the IGA
The IGA should start a score card that the AGRR shops could fill out and turn in to the insurance companies. Here are a few suggestions: 1. Length of time on phone to receive claim number. 2. Time to receive payment. 3. Courtesy & efficiency of CSR. This w...
Views: 354   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 24, 2014 11:59am
by Your Efforts are...
Where is everyone???
There is virtually no new post lately its the same 4 people talking amongst themselves. Where is all the users? did I miss something? and why was glassbytes down like all weekend??? I bet no one noticed... I see no one mentioned it... I\'m out(/\\/)
Views: 541   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 23, 2014 9:22pm
by ohm
o
ohm
Dear Doug Heller,
You are to be applauded for your tenacity, and obsevations regarding the the protection of consumer's rights, the first of which is choice. As a consumer with glass coverage and an auto glass technician, I can see as you do, there clearly is a problem with the cur...
Views: 2040   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 23, 2014 9:10pm
by ohm
s
Sglass
Amendment Proposed Ensure AGRR Companies Are Covered by New York Anti-Steering Law
NOTHING...NO Chatter? Now is the time for every Indie in NY state to mobilize & contact their Assemblyman. Tell them you are a constituent & you want this to happen or they may be looking for a new job come next election. IGA members contact your Reps & get some supp...
Views: 378   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 23, 2014 8:41pm
by ohm
\
$.02
repair dol
Why is it that we accept to do all repairs on a windshield under one claim? Did they all happen at the same time? If i hit a deer in the A.M., that is one comp claim. If I hit a deer three hours later, that is another claim and another deductible. Are we just followi...
Views: 621   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jul 23, 2014 6:12pm
by xs
j
JAN
DW 1817 Rain sensor not working
Does anyone have any information on the rain sensor not working on the Cadillac SRX after windshield replacement?
Views: 453   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 23, 2014 6:11pm
by xs
e
eric
membership
http://www.glassbytes.com/2014/07/guest-blog-evaluating-your-membership/ guess we are all members, but really? I think we should all wear suits, so we look professional, real suits with ties. Then we would get paid better.
Views: 377   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 23, 2014 6:05pm
by Martin
p
Phred
91 corvette w/s
1991 Corvette coupe windshield DW1112 needs to be replaced and it has been decades since I replaced one (before power tools). It appears that the foam weather strip that goes across the top of the windshield at the roof and down the A pillars will need to be repla...
Views: 473   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 22, 2014 10:32pm
by xs
Got a great LYNX story
Great LYNX story. My brother has a autoglass company in another state, and he belongs to all the networks because he is to lazy to try and get work elsewhere. He got removed from State Farm /LYNX for taking on to many dealer part installations they dispatch to...
Views: 561   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 22, 2014 7:56am
by ?
l
LEFTY
EQUALIZER EXPRESS
When cutting it acts like the batt is going dead. If i stop cutting and try it again it cuts good for a while.whats the problem and how do I fix it?thanks
Views: 741   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 21, 2014 11:05am
by ttech
s
Sglass
OK IGA Want to Help Make a Real Difference?
Me & a small group in NY have gotten this ball rolling on our own. Now that it's pending maybe you could jump on the band wagon to help get it passed. AGRR magazine could even do a story. Relates to prohibiting automotive insurance companies from requiring their in...
Views: 673   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jul 20, 2014 4:46pm
by Gary Hart
p
Pladda
noise
2011 Jeep Cherokee. Guy says it's making a noise on the highway, air/****/tap noise , He is saying this. Brought it by and replaced it again, 1st windshield was sealed perfect and deck height was good. 2nd shield went in today and cust called later in the day statin...
Views: 1271   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 19, 2014 11:12pm
by Steve From Yello...
m
Mr P
Glass Software That ID's Correct Windshields
I admit that I am old school and probably a dinosaur. Since I am a single point and don't solicit insurance work, buying/renting glass programs have not made economic sense to me. However this past year, I find myself calling more and more dealers with VIN numbers...
Views: 1647   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 19, 2014 11:05pm
by Steve From Yello...
Keeping it straight about Ron G
I was pretty disgusted over the over worked installer sad actually because, hey over worked installer become an over achiever installer like me and yes I work but I get paid brother.This individual seems jealous of Ron G what I know of Ron G and I am not from Wate...
Views: 652   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 18, 2014 5:19pm
by Judge Judy
Sanding a chip
I have seen several technicians sand a chip down on a windshield they are putting in that day swearing it prevents the chip from splitting out. How does that work? I personally don't chance it and reschedule a job or go and get a glass that isn't damaged.
Views: 651   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 18, 2014 9:43am
by OC
compliance certificate
How I can get A document certified by a competent authority that the supplied good or service meets the required specifications for the carlite windshields. i bought one windshield to Mustang unlimted .com and does shipped to Colombia south america and te colombian c...
Views: 494   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 18, 2014 7:47am
by IRA
Feeney rescheduled for July 31
Whoopdeedo! Sorry I'm going to miss that spectacular tribute to Feeney's ego, but I'm scheduled to change the air in my tires that day.
Views: 580   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 18, 2014 6:26am
by xn
g
Gene S
Pilkington DOT 177
Has anyone had trouble with Pilkington DOT 177 with rain sensors. We have seen aprox 40 failures and have had another 40 or 50 calls from people that we didn't install the windshields but they have DOT 177 windshields in them.
Views: 3105   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 17, 2014 9:45am
by Nadia
j
Jimmy
Underpaid Techs
The Techs around the country are vastly underpaid while their counterparts in Europe are living high on the hog. Time to wake up fellas
Views: 1422   Replies: 31
Last Post: Jul 17, 2014 8:14am
by JohnR
o
ohm
Feeney's Final Exam
It won't cost you a nickle here ???
Views: 672   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 17, 2014 1:54am
by SumDumGoy
July 31 - IGA Mid-2014 State of the Industry Webinar
The IGA has announced that it will present the Mid-2014 State of the Industry on Thursday, July 31, 2014 at 8:00PM (EST). Topics will cover a wide range of industry items such as insurance claims, the cash market, legislative and government efforts and more. Sign...
Views: 308   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 17, 2014 1:39am
by LucyLu
s
Sglass
Ok IGA the Iron is Hot
Ok now is the time for IGA to start spreading the contents of the Ct news broadcast nationwide. A chance like this may not come again for a while.
Views: 623   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 16, 2014 9:44pm
by Larry
Harmon
Has Harmon Solutions fallen off the planet, or maybe the entire UNIVERSE? Seems like they have NOTHING to offer anyone. But No networks really have anything to offer. But Really Is Paul G. still in business? Just wondering.
Views: 680   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 16, 2014 2:00pm
by AGRR
l
larry
Be on the Lookout for an “Older Silver or Gray Buick with Driver’s Side Backlite Smashed Out”
Just a suggestion, I had to click the article to find out this was in TX, would not a sensible heading like TX glass shop be on the look out? it was an original story so its not like you had to use someone else's title... And it looks like the "Door Glass" or backli...
Views: 459   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 15, 2014 11:11pm
by Larry
Question, does NAGS labor hours ever change?
New list prices come out like twelve hundred times a year, but do the labor hours ever change? If so, do the hours ever go down?
Views: 597   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 15, 2014 11:03pm
by Larry
Billing Direct
Can anyone who bills direct let us know when sending the invoices to the Ins. Companies with a assignment of benefits signed invoice to their fax number, does the customer need to first call in the claim to start the procedure, or can you bill direct without...
Views: 628   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 15, 2014 9:18pm
by How Many Times?
a
AGRR
Charity Q & A: Safelite Exec Chat Rescheduled for July 31
Charity Q & A: Safelite Exec Chat Rescheduled for July 31 Safelite CEO Tom Feeney’s fundraiser video question-and-answer program for the Ronald McDonald House charities has been rescheduled for July 31 at 8 p.m. The cost to participate is $5 per ticket. ̶...
Views: 365   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 15, 2014 2:34pm
by AGRR
Charity Q & A: Safelite Exec Chat Rescheduled
Please, I thought this was going to go away. IT,s back,
Views: 271   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 15, 2014 2:31pm
by Sglass
a
AGRR
NBC 30 Connecticut to Air Report on State’s Anti-Steering Law
NBC 30 Connecticut to Air Report on State’s Anti-Steering Law “We will be doing an investigate report tonight focusing on the ‘anti-steering’ law in Connecticut,” says George Colli, an investigative reporter at NBC Connecticut WVIT-TV....
Views: 937   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jul 15, 2014 12:08am
by BL
a
AGRR
AGRR Industry Reacts to NBC Connecticut’s Investigative Report on Anti-Steering Law
AGRR Industry Reacts to NBC Connecticut’s Investigative Report on Anti-Steering Law An investigative report aired late last night that covers the state’s new anti-steering law for automotive glass claims on NBC Connecticut. The report centered on a Conn...
Views: 686   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 14, 2014 9:09pm
by The Bear
j
jeff
2013 dodge dart
Anyone having problems with the new dart w/s strain cracking .Have done 2 replaced both with guardian w/s both strain cracked 1 of them twice
Views: 579   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 14, 2014 7:13pm
by Lee
o
ohm
Who's Liable ???!!!
Lady's driving , mirror falls off , freaked her out and she crashed into another car ! WHO'S LIABLE ?!
Views: 684   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 14, 2014 12:53pm
by Whippy Whappy
What would be your scenario?
Here we go, Hummer H1 is at one of your body shop accounts. Customer of vehicle supply's R&L heated windshields to the body shop at $1200 each. Having the experience of about doing 50 H1's, you install and one stress cracks a week later just sitting at the bod...
Views: 984   Replies: 25
Last Post: Jul 14, 2014 10:39am
by ttech
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com