AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Independent Glass Association Announces Mygrant Glass Company as New Industry Partner

Collaboration will focus on strengthening independent glass shops in the USA. (PRWeb July 31, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/08/prweb12061359.htm

Re: Independent Glass Association Announces Mygrant Glass Company as New Industry Partner

looking forward to the translation into regular english.

Re: Independent Glass Association Announces Mygrant Glass Company as New Industry Partner

This is the most monumental piece of double-talking crap that I have encountered in 35 years in the glass business!

Hey Gary, does this mean that Mygrant is going to allow us to acquire glass from them at a price which will be competitive with Safelite's acquisition costs? Oh mercy, give me a break from this type of b.s.!

the part of the message the iga is excited about is the part where they reduce the dues to build members. Probably not a boost for all shops, in the short run, in the long term could be a big help...

So is this going to be like PPG mid 90's with the Lynx idea, we were told this would help the independent glass shops and had to buy into it back then

The partnership brings:

1) Business tools and intelligence that will allow shop to be successful in both growth and profitability. You do want to be profitable, no?

2) IGA member-only pricing for your Mygrant account. Translation = better margins.

3) Access to local and regional seminars hosted by Mygrant and the IGA that put you one-on-one with the manufacturers of many products that you will use to grow your business.

4) and so much more.

Knock this all you want or get on board with helping turn this industry around perhaps your own business.

Thank you for all of your support.

PS. There is no "buy in" DR GLASS. Either join and participate or do nothing. No one is twisting your arm. And no, this is nothing like PPG, LYNX or any other failed program.

Gary, I meant no disrespect but I was asking how this would work as I am all for helping the industry have been in it for 30 years and I was one of the suckers who got took in by ppg

Please elaborate on the tools and intelligence portion of the release.
Interested in seeing how it raises the retail price, isn't that the goal?
We want our distributors to make money. A better discount will hardly make the difference between closing and staying open.

would like to see the billing you mention telling of items a person forgot to bill for, is the example on the iga website? thinking a little more seriously about dropping the current provider and making a change. it is helpful that you are accessible on this site and don't dodge questions or issues.

another lynx scam

ct. glass shop
another lynx scam

Really? C'mon, do you really think that and if so, please elaborate.

Let me ask you a question CT. Glass, who do you purchase glass and materials from? Please be honest in your reply.

Bravo! Thank-you Mygrant and the IGA joining forces to lower my cost! About time. So from now on if I ask Mygrant for a price match, is there an IGA ID number or code that I need to supply? My brother is an AARP member and he gets great deals.I was going to not rejoin, but this may be worth something.

Not a mygrant fan at all. They're pricing isn't really that great. And they supply your competitors like auto glass now AKA glass masters with low prices. But good luck..buy from import glass. IGC

All the shops care about is cheaper price so they can sell cheaper and further ruin this industry. crap in ,,,, crap out.

First let me say that Mygrant's position as an IGA Industry Partner is not about offering lower pricing. Any supplier can offer low pricing, just ask SAG.

Speaking of, over and over again the IGA receives reports that shops candidly discuss purchasing from SAG as a matter of fact. Why? Well we all know that the pricing aspect is a big part of it but in the end, who are you supporting when you purchase product? Are you providing competitive data to your competition?

From what I can tell, Mygrant is willing to commit the resources to support independents, as they always have. With this partnership, together we can make big changes, only if your are will to. If there is something you have an issue with Mygrant on, let the IGA know or directly contact them and demand it is addressed.

AGD
Not a mygrant fan at all. They\'re pricing isn\'t really that great. And they supply your competitors like auto glass now AKA glass masters with low prices. But good luck..buy from import glass. IGC

Can you share with us how you know they supply your competitors with prices lower than what they offer you? Typically, WD pricing is based on volume. Sounds like that your opinion of Mygrant doesn't really afford you the better volume discounts that your competitors who do purchase large quantity get. Maybe I'm wrong but an answer would be appreciated.

Gary, now I am confused, please help...
Your words, "IGA member-only pricing for your Mygrant account. Translation = better margins."
"First let me say that Mygrant's position as an IGA Industry Partner is not about offering lower pricing."

"The partnership brings:" 1-2-3-4
"From what I can tell, Mygrant is willing to commit the resources to support independents."

When you start out telling us something, "The partnership brings", and when questioned respond, "From what I can tell." Hold on.

Looking for some positive here, we need help, but I'm feeling a little queezy.

Yes, thank you for pointing out what I have written.

1) My comment about the pricing was meant to point out that better pricing is NOT the focus of their partnership/membership with the IGA.

2)Yes, their commitment is what they have presented and it is MY opinion from what "I can tell" that they will follow through. I am allowed to have my own personal opinion, no?

Please feel free to give me a call in the morning and I'll be glad to discuss, explain, dispel, etc. anything that may make you feel queasy. If you are in Arizona as your "screen name" suggests, come by our offices instead.

At this point the spiral of this thread doesn't require any more response. My offer to discuss this or anything industry related is open to all.

Thank you for your support.

what happened to you, changing cost equity, but lucky is better than good, i guesss ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cypJhxt6E8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjloX_EvYiI

Gary Hart
First let me say that Mygrant's position as an IGA Industry Partner is not about offering lower pricing. Any supplier can offer low pricing, just ask SAG.

Speaking of, over and over again the IGA receives reports that shops candidly discuss purchasing from SAG as a matter of fact. Why? Well we all know that the pricing aspect is a big part of it but in the end, who are you supporting when you purchase product? Are you providing competitive data to your competition?

From what I can tell, Mygrant is willing to commit the resources to support independents, as they always have. With this partnership, together we can make big changes, only if your are will to. If there is something you have an issue with Mygrant on, let the IGA know or directly contact them and demand it is addressed.

Gary,

Not sure when the last time you looked, but Service Auto Glass is not this "cheap" place to buy they are where we have to buy when Mygrant does not have a part. And let me tell you it is not just me everyone I know, has felt the burn of Service Auto Glass's rising prices.

Martin

Glad somebody with some actual facts on the situation decided to speak. Gary is speaking of days gone by with respect to SAG being the low guy on the block

Thank you Martin
Glad somebody with some actual facts on the situation decided to speak. Gary is speaking of days gone by with respect to SAG being the low guy on the block

As of close of month yesterday, the IGA's supplier data shows SAG the overall low price wholesale distributor. This data is based on real-time collection of data from the big 4 WD's. This is what we believe is actual fact.

With this being said, you may be in a market where SAG is not the low price leader; however, on the basis of popular parts that are scarce in the supply chain now, they may be higher.

As always, thank you for your support.

There is a demonstration of the world being run by bean counters.
Believe what ever is on the screen without consulting the real world.
Data is their new God, not for me. whats the old saying about figures?

Jim
There is a demonstration of the world being run by bean counters.
Believe what ever is on the screen without consulting the real world.
Data is their new God, not for me. whats the old saying about figures?

Bean counters? Jim, the data I speak of is the actual data as it is looked up by shops in real-time. This is not made up or sampled. For example, when an IGA user is providing a quote to a customer, Total Shop Management goes out using the shops wholesale credentials and get their pricing and availability. The system then logs this data and if the shop has agreed to provide the data then we include it in our analysis and reporting. If the shop then places an order, we also capture that data to make sure nothing has changed between the initial quote lookup and the actual order.

So, unless I am missing something, this is the "real world" we are "consulting", no?

I am sure many of you can go into your accounting system and pull your own cost data by vendor in your AP module. Go ahead and share your results.

Thank you for your support

So iga is capturing user data too? Is it possible to escape big brother?
They always use numbers against us. So every billing program is capturing
shops data, and what do they do with that data, who has access to that data?
seems like there is no winning for the shop.

I congratulate Mygrant for officially stepping up and throwing their support behind the Independents. I'm sure in time it could be a win-win for everyone. The bigger suppliers have too much at stake with you know who to step up and throw their support our way. Mygrant is a privately owned Company just like all of us. It's a step in the right direction .

Jim
So iga is capturing user data too? Is it possible to escape big brother?
They always use numbers against us. So every billing program is capturing
shops data, and what do they do with that data, who has access to that data?
seems like there is no winning for the shop.

The IGA only warehouses data if the shop consents. At least with the IGA, you do have the option to "opt out" of data collection. With that being said, IGA members still have the ability to compare their data vs. that collected to see where they stand in several areas including:

-Quote conversion
-Cash vs. Insurance jobs
-Cash % delta
-Insurance $ delta
-WD Part Availability and Pricing delta
-and much more.

Having visibility and understanding how to use this data can allow your shop to make the changes necessary to be more profitable. The data collected does not identify any specific shop, customer, or network.

"Big Brother" as you put it is more than just billing programs. Every vendor you purchase from knows your frequency and the total number of jobs your perform within 20%. Every network also knows this data and they even can estimate your cash work as well. Do they regularly use this data? No, they do not because their collection methods are highly disorganized and greatly fragmented. Companies like Safelite have teams that perform regular market analysis so shouldn't independent shops have that same capability if not better?

What the IGA has set out to do is provide the very best business intelligence to its members. The power of the data is in the members hands, not ours.

Thank you for your support!

i will tell you if you tell me

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com