AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Pilkington DOT 177

Has anyone had trouble with Pilkington DOT 177 with rain sensors. We have seen aprox 40 failures and have had another 40 or 50 calls from people that we didn't install the windshields but they have DOT 177 windshields in them.

Re: Pilkington DOT 177

Yes Sir. Either not fitting or not working

I am very interested in this topic. I have installed the Pilk DOT 177-made 2437 in every Acura MDX that has come my way for years. I have never heard or come across a complaint regarding the rain sensor. I have read or knew of issues regarding the sensitivity of some aftermarket brands replacing OE on certain makes and models.

Mostly BMW's and MB's

alot of BMW's. it seemed the ones that were bad had a darker tint at the rain sensor.

Yep, last one we used in a BMW had to be sent to the dealer to have the rain sensor recalibrated.

About 3/4ths of the DOT-177 rainsensor shields we have installed in Mazda 3s have failed. Fixed the problem by installing FYG or changing the R/S pad and lens.

More concerns similar to the one I posted 2 weeks ago. It seems to be most prevalent on those windshields equipped with the red lens sensor. (Mercedes, BMW, Mazda etc) That appears to be the common thread here.

Hello,
I'm having one installed on my Acura 2012 tomorrow. Pilk DOT 177. Is this a wise decision?
Thanks!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com