AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
mygrant glass co

looking to add another source for glass how is mygrant to work with.

Re: mygrant glass co

Buy containers direct from China, cut out the middle man.
That will really tic 'em off.
Ooops...

You are absolutely correct. You will be paying 17-31 USD per windshield. How can you go wrong? All you need is a warehouse and a bunch of tailgaters to buy from you. You can take over the wholesale glass bis and rule the world. Start now . I was going to do this and I figured I would start with this simple plan. First I would buy glass at the cheapest prices and flood the market. Making PGW, Mygrant and Pilk go under. Then I would buy all of there assets. Then I would sell to the insurance cos at rock bottom prices. after all the medium sized chains failed I would buy all there shops and then take on Belron/Safelite. After I conquered them I could set my own pricing and I would rule the Auto Glass Industry. But then I sat back and considered this and figured, NAH TOO MUCH PAPER WORK!!!!!!!!!

Mygrant is a pretty decent company to do biz with. They will also price match the competitor most of the time. Delivery,service,inventory,are all good.

Ooops
Buy containers direct from China, cut out the middle man.
That will really tic 'em off.
Ooops...

I was thinking of doing that just to sell glass to all the slavelite guys doing side jobs.....lol.. I would make a ton of money. All I need is to stock glass. They dont need supplies or tools....

Upside,good customer service, better website than the others, easy to track past orders and returns, donwnside lots of FYG, they do stock PLK, PGW, CAR, etc.. though.

thank you for the replys..

they opening in new market again? the warehouse in every market seem to slow down. they took over at bartelstone in the new york area

we are in southern new jersey, we will give them a try.

herschel
Upside,good customer service, better website than the others, easy to track past orders and returns, donwnside lots of FYG, they do stock PLK, PGW, CAR, etc.. though.

Yes they stock FYG along with almost every other brand in some part numbers. But if you did your research you would find that not only is FYG becoming one of the better quality brands you would see that PGW is currently contracting with them, and PLK is currenlty contracting with XYG. FYG is the only company among them which is currently preparing to open new manufacturing in the United States. Two large plants at that. It is expected that they will be soon expanding their sales to US manufacturers. After 35 years I now favor FYG product over PGW or PLK.

I do like FY glass as well, but that's not what my customers are usually requesting. As far as the suggestion to educate myself, if we did that, neither of us would be here discussing auto glass.

The other great thing is that dont carry SGC brand!!!!!

Mygrants pricing stinks. Just looked up a FW 824. They say the FW 2071 is interchangable. They have both in FYG. Only problem is the 2071 is 31$ more.
I'll never figure out there pricing.

Lee
Mygrants pricing stinks. Just looked up a FW 824. They say the FW 2071 is interchangable. They have both in FYG. Only problem is the 2071 is 31\$ more.
I\'ll never figure out there pricing.

Well that's when all your experience in the glass game pays off. You should know whats what...... If your uneducated, Your going to be taken..Thats life

Lee
Mygrants pricing stinks. Just looked up a FW 824. They say the FW 2071 is interchangable. They have both in FYG. Only problem is the 2071 is 31\$ more.
I\'ll never figure out there pricing.

Lately I will agree LEE... But prior like 8 years back was solid

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com