AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Billing Direct

Can anyone who bills direct let us know when sending the invoices to the Ins.

Companies with a assignment of benefits signed invoice to their fax number,

does the customer need to first call in the claim to start the procedure,

or can you bill direct without the customer reporting with just their

signature?

Re: Billing Direct

Yes, you and/or the insured should report the loss for several reasons:

1) To ensure the vehicle has proper coverage,
2) To properly notify the loss as per the in force policy.

They will likely attempt to transfer you to the TPA; however, you can tell them that you will not deal with a third-party.

If you simply direct bill without notification, the process takes 4x+ longer from what IGA members who direct bill report.

Where in the policy does it state that the first notice of loss has to be by phone? Nowhere.....

I have pretty good luck with most companies by just verifying coverage with the agent and letting them know that I will be replacing some glass for that customer and then faxing the invoice to the insurance company. There are some times that it does get delayed but some pay me within 7 days of reciept.

Just how many times must this be explained? Ben And Davey Have it correct. Gary, As much as you do know you prove again how little you really know. I really wonder if the IGA will ever understand how simple things really are.

To verify coverage is Highly recommended when direct billing, but a proper assignment has it all built right in. If coverage does NOT exist, then the customer is Liable to cover the repairs. SIMPLE.

No shop needs "approval to repair", except from 1 and only ONE entity. THAT IS THE CUSTOMER. WHY? Because that's who OWNS the vehicle. No one else has the authority to repair. The policy is there to indemnify the policy holder for their covered loss.

The INVOICE is proof of loss. It is either fraudulent or it is FACTUAL. Same thing goes for the price. It is either fair or is fraudulent. Either charge fraud or PAY. Again, SIMPLE!

Some Insurance companies ignore timely payment laws because too many shops allow them to do so. Most of our direct billings are paid QUICKER than going through any stupid network that collects the funds from the insurance company, and waits another week or two to pay the shop. Many pay us 3-7 days.

Gary you sound like Mr. Chuck L. and your theory is flawed, because You are still trying to play by rules that are not in the interest of true INDEPENDENTS, and are playing right into the hands of the insurance companies.

How long will it take for so many to understand?
IGA badly needs a few bright bulbs in the ceiling!

^^^^ Print this and use it before it goes away ^^^

How Many Times?
Just how many times must this be explained? Ben And Davey Have it correct. Gary, As much as you do know you prove again how little you really know. I really wonder if the IGA will ever understand how simple things really are.

Gary you sound like Mr. Chuck L. and your theory is flawed, because You are still trying to play by rules that are not in the interest of true INDEPENDENTS, and are playing right into the hands of the insurance companies.

So I take it that you have not been collecting and reading current automobile insurance policies. Insurance companies started adding language either specific to automotive glass repair or replacement or to the comprehensive side which does require notification of loss. We discuss these items along with actual copies of policies in force over on the other forum.

The game is changing all of the time and if you are not paying attention to the details in the game, then all you are setting yourself up for is defeat.

I'm pretty sure we replace our bulbs with highly efficient led's, thank you.

I look forward to you joining the IGA and contributing.

Gary Hart
How Many Times?

So I take it that you have not been collecting and reading current automobile insurance policies. Insurance companies started adding language either specific to automotive glass repair or replacement or to the comprehensive side which does require notification of loss. We discuss these items along with actual copies of policies in force over on the other forum.

The game is changing all of the time and if you are not paying attention to the details in the game, then all you are setting yourself up for is defeat.

I'm pretty sure we replace our bulbs with highly efficient led's, thank you.

I look forward to you joining the IGA and contributing.

WOW Gary, REALLY? There are so many things wrong with what you just posted It's hard to know where to start. I will try. I am going to try to keep this short as this forum will either spam or delete many good things.

First off I have been at this profession for ALLOT of years. I go back before the days of networks. I tried to "play the game".

Your first comment. AMAZING, I am not in the business of "collecting and reading policies." So if you have the paragraphs right there in front of you and are so well versed, please post. And by the way I look at the B U Z Z everyday and cannot find what you say is right there. oopps. Post the paragraphs you state either here or there. Let's see what they really say.

Next, Yes I know they are trying to change the rules all the time. But notice of loss is covered under the assignment and my invoice. Do you need to have approval for every Claims Harbor VIA e direct? Hmmmm. I thought that was going to go around to eliminate networks. WHAT? sounds like a contradiction.

You refer to the industry as a game... BIG MISTAKE MR HART. this is NO game. this is MY LIVELIHOOD, MY PROFESSION, MY CAREER.

Those who treat this as a game are the one's who are set up for failure. History has proven itself. Like the movie "WAR GAMES" the best move is NOT TO PLAY! The shops that have been and are winning with Arbitration, are NOT playing the game. They bill what they do, they do what they bill and they WIN. The IGA should take a much better stance on this. IT IS NOT AS COMPLICATED as some try to make it. Maybe this is why the Iga has failed over and over on SO many issues, because they try to play a game where they don't have the right moves???? DUH? YA THINK SO?

Gary over the years I tried to "play the game" and lost EVERYTIME! now I DO NOT PLAY THE GAME and I win EVERYTIME!

Gary you talk a good talk, but have never walked the real walk. Not in this industry. Please do not take this personal, I know you and you know me, THIS IS BUSINESS, not personal. I know you have done many great things for this industry, but your experience comes from a different side than mine. "I am and have always been" A GLASS SHOP OWNER. STOP PLAYING GAMES Gary & IGA!

IT IS "NOW OR NEVER". The IGA is in need of " NEW BULBS". The old one's are burning out.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com