AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
What Constitutes Spam??

I have been trying to start a new thread about Norton blocking articles from GlassBYTEs, calling them unsecure or a suspicious redirect. But, I can not post it because it is called SPAM, what gives??

Re: What Constitutes Spam??

Spam is made of processed pork byproducts . .........

actually, the people that make it say it contains the best parts, not by products. do you know the number of flavors available? There are flavors that are not sold in the US. Take a trip to the spam museum in Minnesota.

See what happens is when they Iframe the articles, Norton is like What the heck is this. Iframing is RUDE.

YUM

spam is great with eggs...you should try it

autoglasses

Thanks autoglasses minus the autogl...

OC
I have been trying to start a new thread about Norton blocking articles from GlassBYTEs, calling them unsecure or a suspicious redirect. But, I can not post it because it is called SPAM, what gives??

It is not Norton doing it. it is Glassbytes forum it is happening to anyone who tries to post truthful things against the evil empire. It is a conspiracy to repress the truth.

wow
OC

It is not Norton doing it. it is Glassbytes forum it is happening to anyone who tries to post truthful things against the evil empire. It is a conspiracy to repress the truth.

Maybe that's the reason view traffic has dead stopped on here. Once the advertisers leave this place.It will be a ghost town and all that is involved will be looking for jobs

autoglasses

Yummy....Fried Spam and eggs.... Gonna get sum Spam now. Tasty breakfast in the AM....

It has nothing to do with the iframes. The links in the newsletter contain a tracking url and then it redirects to the actual story link.

Webmaster
It has nothing to do with the iframes. The links in the newsletter contain a tracking url and then it redirects to the actual story link.

...and gives it that 90's blackhat feel. We know why you do this Deb.

Webmaster

I will try to copy and paste what I tried to post as a new thread below:
2 different issues are getting combined into one:
1) When I was trying to open some GlassBYTEs articles Norton was blocking access to the links.
2) When I tried to ask the question, "was anyone else having this same problem?", I tried to start a new thread and was not allowed, by GlassBYTEs, to post it because they said it was SPAM. ( and not the disgusting lunch meat)
Here it is let's see if it will post:
Well no it will not post, I still do not understand why.

Someone else contacted us about getting some kind of SPAM message from the forum. Bravenet may have made some changes that I'm not aware of. I will look in to it. Were you trying to post a link in your forum message? Any information you can give me about what you were trying to post would be helpful.

Webmaster
Someone else contacted us about getting some kind of SPAM message from the forum. Bravenet may have made some changes that I'm not aware of. I will look in to it. Were you trying to post a link in your forum message? Any information you can give me about what you were trying to post would be helpful.

With an increasing regularity, Norton is blocking and calling unsafe, links to glassBYTEs articles. Exploding Sunroofs Are More Common Than You Might Think and Amendment Proposed Ensure AGRR Companies Are Covering by New York Anti-Steering Law, from today's GlassBYTEs are examples.
Has anyone else had this happen to them or am I the only one?
Why is this happening?
Do you check these links to make sure they are safe and that the content is secure?? Or are we at risk when we read your links?
After trying a few times I got to see the anti-steering article, but Norton gave the sunroof article a big red X.

PS GlassBYTEs Spell check wants me to correct GlassBYTES and AGRR, you would think that they were on the OK words list.

That is the post and it took me over a week and numerous tries to post it and I was always rejected as SPAM, but now it went through. ?????

I turned off the spam filter. That is why you can post it now. Having looked at the content of the post I really can't be sure what was causing it. If you tried posting the actual links that may have been the culprit.

I think we addressed the redirect issue with your Norton in another thread and through email. If anyone else has a similar issue you can always click on the link at the top of the email that will let you view the newsletter in a browser instead of your email client. That should solve any issues with being able to open links.

As far as the spell check thing goes. I'm guessing you're referring to this forum wanting to correct glassBYTEs spelling. Since this forum is developed and run by Bravenet (it wants to correct the spelling of their name too) I have no control over that. They are probably using a standard spell check API and those often try to correct the spelling of uncommon proper names.

I like the call back to 90's black hat. I also had problem's Webby by just hitting reply and typing a response to a thread I will try to find that thread.

Larry

sometimes from my ipad I get a spam block. if its any clue.

When I run cleaning programs to detect viruses, they ALL pull up BRAVENET. the tracking crap is way beyond what should be. This site has created so many bad software problems it is difficult to keep up with. I am about ready to DUMP THIS SITE COMPLETELY. what a crock AGRR. way to go keep up the s h i t work! opps i am now blocked forever.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com