AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
noise

2011 Jeep Cherokee.
Guy says it's making a noise on the highway, air/****/tap noise , He is saying this. Brought it by and replaced it again, 1st windshield was sealed perfect and deck height was good. 2nd shield went in today and cust called later in the day stating it's doing the same thing. Used ASAP and sat for an hour before he picked up. I only heard the noise an SUV typically makes at 55mph?????

Re: noise

Pladda
2011 Jeep Cherokee.
Guy says it's making a noise on the highway, air/****/tap noise , He is saying this. Brought it by and replaced it again, 1st windshield was sealed perfect and deck height was good. 2nd shield went in today and cust called later in the day stating it's doing the same thing. Used ASAP and sat for an hour before he picked up. I only heard the noise an SUV typically makes at 55mph?????

Use "blue tape" over the underside moldings all the way around. These had a problem with air lifting the molding and banging against the pinchweld cavity. If thats the cause you will need to seal near the bottom corners with adhesive to prevent backdraft

Are you using Mopar? We've had issues with wind noises with A.M. but never OEM.......just throwin' it out there. ;)

Chrysler has no TSB's on this issue. The best way to solve the problem is strategically place 2 inch blue tape around the windshield in different areas and when the noise stops that should be where your issue is. You could also remove the wipers and drive it to see if this eliminates the issue. If you need any further advice just give me a call or email me jbrowning@glass.com

Have had several issues with the cowl warped and making noise 2011-2013 Grand Cherokee. Replaced cowling took care of the noise, Insurance won't pay for it. Also there is a TSB on the hood hinges being loose and producing a noise. Hope this helps.

Every one I do now I remove the molding it came with and put on UGM6 3/8 foam molding and havnt had the problem since seems to completely stop the wind noise

I agree the UGM moldings are very nice I use them on a lot of top molding applications. They do very will V.S other underlay such as the Gold brand.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com