AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Eqaulizer Viper?

Has anyone used the Equalizer viper for a quarter glass removal? Anything can look good in a video.

Thanks.

Martin

Re: Eqaulizer Viper?

I will take that as a no.

Thanks,
Martin

We used it to cut the "double band" of urethane on the bottom of a 2000 Camaro hatch ( DB8265)

I'm not sure if we used it correctly, but it worked, made the job a lot easier.

They claim that is can do a Dodge Back Slider. I personally want to see that. I don't see how its possible considering the ignorant way these are made..

I cant answer your specific question since I don't have one. But, Ive heard great things about the 'bot and spyder. I have a cobra and rarely use it because of the huge amount of time it takes.

I do not think that anyone has ever claimed that the glass bot will remove a dodge back glass... I have one and I would never try to use it to take that back glass out. Hell with all the metal tabs and etc... the BS you would have to remove, drop the headliner I would assume?

Just out of curiosity Jamie do you have the "Tech Notes" for removing this back glass? I would think "By the book" it surely involves dropping the headliner.

I just do not see a wire tool being effective for removing this glass. The ONLY thing that works well on these is a BTB blade for me.

I use a Fein Knife with the one inch cold knife style blade. It works well enough for me to no longer dread when I see a dodge pickup work order. Hopefully there will be a youtube vid on it coming out. Of course if you did one with your BTB tool....

I am sorry I mistyped the name Equalizer .

It's ok Martin were all human.

We use a fein knife with the reversed bevel from Equalizer. It cut the removal time in half.

I sold 2 Today. Keep you posted if they like them.......

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com