AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ok IGA the Iron is Hot

Ok now is the time for IGA to start spreading the contents of the Ct news broadcast nationwide. A chance like this may not come again for a while.

Re: Ok IGA the Iron is Hot

Sglass
Ok now is the time for IGA to spreading the contents of the Ct news broadcast nationwide. A chance like this may not come again for a while.

This report is simply one small item in addition to many more that the IGA always uses in its materials. The CT coverage is extensive on the other site in addition to being distributed to thousands of glass shops in the USA.

The IGA will be releasing the mid-2014 State of the Industry report very soon that will be sent to every insurance commission, FTC, state legislators, etc. This will also be made available on the IGA website and for reading and comment on the b u z z forums.

Don't worry, we are doing more than you know, unless you are a member that is then you already know what we are up to.

Gary u got me covered on a bar tab at the show ?? :) If so I will see you there, got something we need to work on anyways....

Don't worry, we are doing more than you know, unless you are a member that is then you already know what we are up to.

Always hated the "if you want to know what is going on, you must pay your $$$ first" answer. I've watched the IGA from inception & have not seen one improvement they have affected in the industry. Over the years there were times they could have helped our efforts but due to the fact we didn't pay our $$$$ they just stood back. I know, different leaders, different times & lets not dwell in the past. Not bitter, just looking at the track record.

Sglass I was going to join the IGA and was looking into their past also

before spending the $$$. I do see where they have been through a lot of

changes from start to present. Mostly negative, can anyone give some

insight to why you would want to join. Their address looks like a UPS

store S/A PO Box. Do they have a actual office location?

Gary Hart
Sglass
Ok now is the time for IGA to spreading the contents of the Ct news broadcast nationwide. A chance like this may not come again for a while.

This report is simply one small item in addition to many more that the IGA always uses in its materials. The CT coverage is extensive on the other site in addition to being distributed to thousands of glass shops in the USA.

The IGA will be releasing the mid-2014 State of the Industry report very soon that will be sent to every insurance commission, FTC, state legislators, etc. This will also be made available on the IGA website and for reading and comment on the b u z z forums.

Gary,
This is not "simply one small item"! This is a chance to get nationwide exposure of how the auto insurance industry has corrupted the auto glass industry. Take your blinders off, please. Let's get NBC to take the story nationwide....

How is an industry lacking the backbone to control their own destiny, whining about their predicament news? An industry to weak to use the word, no. Hardly newsworthy.

A trade association is as only as effective as the level of participation of the membership. The association belongs to the membership, not the board and not the Executive Director. All parties need to be cognizant of that fact. The Executive Director under the direction of the board of directors executes the initiatives as developed by the board. Board members should be nominated by the membership and elected by a majority of the membership. To the best of my knowledge, that has never been the case at the IGA. It should be. And every board member should be limited in the time that they serve. This makes for a creative board with fresh ideas and renewed energy. Some members will support the strategies implemented by the association and some will not. My experience while as both a board member and Executive Director at the IGA was that most members were passive, yet were vocal about their support or criticism of the direction. A good example was the lawsuit in the early 2000's. At the IGA conference, there was widespread support and when the suit failed, the criticism was loud. And it damaged the reputation of the IGA. It took some time to recover. If you either support or disagree with the direction of your association, pick up your phone and call a board member or the Executive Director and let your voices be heard. After all, it is your association and everyone needs to remember that. Remember one very important fact. The members of the board are not paid and through their dedication, give of their time on your behalf. So keep this in mind when you make that call. But get involved and make that call.

Everyone wants to scream, and shout ... yet no one is willing to follow thru. I will say I am a scream and shout kind of guy, but I do something, not always the right thing..

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com