AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
2014 Utilimaster NAGS Part number?
Hey guys, I have customer with a 2014 Utilimaster out*****d step van on a Ford chassis. It looks identical to a FedEx delivery vehicle. I was wondering if someone could help me with a NAGS part number for these? Its roughly 45" W x 34.5" H
Views: 339   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 29, 2014 6:50pm
by Lee
r
redeye
windshield center
what can anyone tell me about them fees cost ext. thanks...
Views: 1097   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 29, 2014 2:06pm
by Watcher
Lunacy in glass industry
Can someone even post or is there an after hours prohibition? I've tried over 20 times to enter their codes. I will never post here again if this fails a few more times. What kind of operation (media business) are you running here. Do you seek someone to become "...
Views: 775   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 28, 2014 8:30pm
by ohm
w
WWMARK
MERC BENZ ML320 MIRROR
Trying to remove the mirror on a 2001 Mercedes Benz ML320. Followed on line instructions but no success. plastic 2 pc trim will not detach. My instructions say to apply or push trim toward w/s to unlock??? Any tips would be great. Thanks
Views: 482   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 25, 2014 2:11pm
by WWMARK
Pilkington quality
Pilkington glass has deteriorated to the point I cringe when one comes into the shop. Not saying they are the worst, just complaining about the distortions & out of correct bends of their w/s. Too many defects to say maybe it was just a bad batch. Sorry to see a bran...
Views: 1280   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 25, 2014 11:26am
by xs
s
Sglass
PGW Quality T
PGW glass has deteriorated to the point I cringe when one comes into the shop. Not saying they are the worst, just complaining about the distortions & out of correct bends of their w/s. Too many defects to say maybe it was just a bad batch. Sorry to see a brand I re...
Views: 757   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 24, 2014 3:04pm
by xs
Chippio Glass
I was just at a gas station here in San Diego, Calf. And a Windshield repair guy came out of no where and asked if he could clean my windshield, I said yes and from there he asked if he could repair it because I had some bird **** that failed to come of...
Views: 740   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 23, 2014 6:31pm
by My Name is Earl
Is it Geigo or Safelite?
Geigo Ins or is it Safelite? Has anyone experienced when calling Geigo Claims IE. Safelite to get a referral number for a stone chip repair they try and have you do it on-line instead of talking with a representative? What is the benefit to the consumer especially...
Views: 789   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 23, 2014 12:10pm
by On the other han...
DW1564/1565
I'm looking for heated Mack windshield's...DW1564GTN and DW1565GTN in western Pennsylvania. Anyone know of anywhere to get these in this area? No luck with Mygrant, Pilkington, and PGW. Dealer is outrageous. Any ideas?
Views: 476   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 23, 2014 10:57am
by Mr. Warehouse
1999 lexus rear view mirror
I'm trying to re assemble the rearview mirror bracket back on to the mirror puck on the windsheild, any advice would be greatly appreciated
Views: 512   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 22, 2014 9:25pm
by Larry
2011 Audi A8 Lane Departure Warning Sys failure
Hi Guys, We installed a windshield in this car using a Pilkington Brand. After installation everything worked great on all systems. Two days later the Lane Departure Warning light and Adaptive Cruise warning light come on and both systems fail to work. I've called A...
Views: 1426   Replies: 17
Last Post: Sep 22, 2014 1:16pm
by xs
Lane Departure and Aftermarket Glass
I have been viewing the posts regarding problems with the Lane Departure with Audis. It is my understanding that people are also having problems with installs in the new Accords that have lane departure as well when aftermarket glass is used as well. I have done...
Views: 800   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 22, 2014 12:33pm
by Sir Slam A Lot
a
atech
64 Ply fury
Just looking for a little refresher... is there a gasket or is it clip down chrome? Windshield install on tuesday. I know I've done em. Must be getting old.
Views: 377   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 22, 2014 12:32pm
by atech
Bulk Wholesale Glass
Looking to buy some windshields in bulk anyone know of any suppliers other than Pilk, Myg, Pgw.
Views: 823   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 22, 2014 9:13am
by tater
n
nin
urethane bead
install glass for about ten years already. only had 3 leak within that ten year, i alway urethane round bead. few of my friend work for big glass comany they are require to urethane v-bead only. how u guys shoot your urethane bead. i always full cut urethane + no sho...
Views: 2255   Replies: 34
Last Post: Sep 21, 2014 8:50pm
by king kut
t
TFC
Time For Change
I think it is time for change and this maybe may be the answer . I am a small shop who believes in the AGSC and certified techs. Most say SAfe!@#$%^& is the monster in the room but how many of us attack each other and how many are on other networks with pricing that...
Views: 555   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 21, 2014 2:34pm
by atech
Customer awarness
Teaching one customer at a time is all it takes to crush SL/Bel I have personally done this for years educating every single person we do a job for or even if we do not do the job I still spend the time teaching them about this problem we have in our industr...
Views: 610   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 10, 2014 2:58pm
by Mark1
Help With A Warranty Issue Moultrie, GA
Need a quality shop or mobile tech to reattach a rear view mirror for me in Moultrie GA. Did job up here in ATL, looking for a way to avoid a 7 hour round trip. Please call 678-757-4277 or email autoglasssouth at gmail dot com. Yes I will pay reasonable rate for your...
Views: 594   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 19, 2014 11:05am
by ASAP
Coding in a Post here
Am I the only guy that needs to enter the code/s 2-3 times to post something here? I have found that this is overly sensitive and requires me to "capitalize" some of the letters to make it accept my post. I am spending more time trying to get it approved than I...
Views: 477   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 18, 2014 9:35pm
by Ooops
k
Kevin
2013 RAV4 / FW3748
Has anyone else had issues with the two cowl ends on a 2013 RAV4 (FW3748)? There is only a small piece of double face tape at the top which holds into to the side moldings and it keeps wanting to pop up. We have tried different tape, etc., but still having issues....
Views: 568   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 18, 2014 2:25pm
by Kevin
j
JB
Coding in a post
I tried to reply to Earl's post and had to give up after 4 tries!
Views: 374   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 18, 2014 1:25pm
by JB
New Glass Shop Business Owners
I am just starting out in this industry as a business owner. I have worked for many glass repair companies, including Chipio. I started my own company because I felt that the way glass technicians are treated and also made to treat customers is unethical. We are a ni...
Views: 925   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 18, 2014 1:23pm
by My Name is Earl
s
Steve
2011 SAAB 9-4x
In need of a nags part # for this windshield. It is a very rare vehicle and I am told parts were limited and they only produced 400-500 of these suv's. Anyone have information on these? Thank you.
Views: 1435   Replies: 15
Last Post: Sep 17, 2014 2:50pm
by Steve
d
Duh
Inversion to avoid taxes in Columbus?
Some of you may be aware of a corporate move called Inversion, where a US co. is acquired by a foreign company or moves their headquarters to another country to "avoid" US taxes by having the companies headquarters based in a foreign land. Safelite is owned by Belro...
Views: 1154   Replies: 23
Last Post: Sep 16, 2014 10:44am
by My Name is Earl
Court Ruling - CT Law
“The Circuit Court goes on to write, “There is no claim, much less evidence that Safelite’s communications to its customers were false, misleading or illegal. Indeed, there is no claim of consumer complaints about the effect of Safelite’s busi...
Views: 1007   Replies: 15
Last Post: Sep 15, 2014 8:16pm
by My Name is Earl
m
Martin
Glassbytes Down
Is it just me or does glassbytes just pull up the ad at the top and nothing else?
Views: 405   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 14, 2014 11:09am
by Larry
b
BL
DW1588GBY
'06 Vette convertible. Few and far between in this area to say the least. Y part without any other listed moldings. I recall the coupes had A pillar moldings to remove? Thanks in advance.
Views: 450   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 14, 2014 9:43am
by BL
Geico
Ok just experienced a claims call where the customer was online with us and if you hit prompt #1 as you being the insured calling in without the shop you get prompted to file online. The prompt continues until you instruct the insured to hit another prompt # to take...
Views: 382   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 12, 2014 6:08pm
by Just Glass
Auto Glass Industry Corruption continued
TPA network participation agreements that require members to agree to set prices violate antitrust price fixing laws because two or more shops in competition with each other are agreeing to pricing in order to get preferential treatment over non members without justi...
Views: 881   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 12, 2014 4:59pm
by JB
Mygrant
Heard a rumor that Mygrant is for sale and PGW may be in talks with them. Anyone out there hear similar
Views: 1851   Replies: 16
Last Post: Sep 12, 2014 9:48am
by Grammar Police
t
TFC
Time For Change
I think it is time for change and this maybe may be the answer . I am a small shop who believes in the AGSC and certified techs. Most say SAfe!@#$%^& is the monster in the room but how many of us attack each other and how many are on other networks with pricing that...
Views: 993   Replies: 18
Last Post: Sep 11, 2014 4:12pm
by On the other han...
k
Kevin
2015 Kenworth T680
Does anyone know if the 2015 Kenworth T680 takes the same windshield as the 2014 (DW2038)? Thanks.
Views: 862   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 11, 2014 11:20am
by Kevin
s
Smiley
I thought Safelite always uses wire
I've watched several SL techs and never yet have I seen them use wire. Today I watched an older tech replacing a ws on a 2012 Kia Optima. I watched for 1/2 an hour as he struggled with a cold knife on the top and sides, then used an extractor on the bottom. Then he u...
Views: 2072   Replies: 40
Last Post: Sep 11, 2014 8:27am
by Smiley
t
TFC
Referral
This morning an agent called that we do a lot of work for we have educated this agent on safe auto glass replacement. She had a college student in Royal Oak Michigan that had full coverage insurance and needed a windshield, she asked who I would recommend in that are...
Views: 473   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 9, 2014 8:19pm
by LEAKPRO
2011 Honda odyssey side molding clips
Has anyone had any success in removing the side moldings without breaking all the blue body side clips?
Views: 11962   Replies: 28
Last Post: Sep 9, 2014 6:37pm
by LONG KNIFE
d
Duh
Tesla
anybody handled the windshield replacement on the electric car of the future? Where do you get the part?
Views: 515   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 9, 2014 10:09am
by Opus
l
Larry
SL & Body Shops
So the other day this body shop tell's my friend they will just call safelite to do the work in the shop because a body guy was to lazy to pull interior. Ok fair go ahead and call safelite, but how does a safelite tech with no fein knife no anything but wire su...
Views: 688   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 8, 2014 10:09pm
by LONG KNIFE
m
markk
xs email
xs, could you email me when you get time. thank you mark. kohlerglass**********
Views: 519   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 8, 2014 6:16pm
by markk
l
Lee
AUTO GLASS SHOP?
I found this on-line. They have what looks to be Mygrants Warehouses listed as pick up points. I took out the PN #'s Mobile Site | Home | Our Team | FAQ | Contact | Blog ********* THE AUTO GLASS SHOP - DIY AUTO GLASS REP...
Views: 756   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 8, 2014 4:15pm
by Marcus
b
Bhaus
2015 freightliner coronado w/s
Anyone know if a 2013 and a 2015 are the same w/s or is it a freightliner item Thanks Bhaus
Views: 404   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 8, 2014 2:47pm
by Bhaus
x
xs
Level 1&2 PinchWeld Rust treatment charge?
When encountering level 1&2 rust. Some of us use metal etch primer either from Equalizer or Dow. We also must sand down and use primers according to urethane manufacturer that you are using. Question is do you charge for the additional service?
Views: 904   Replies: 28
Last Post: Sep 6, 2014 10:32am
by Xpress Auto Glas...
t
Terri
1959 Chev Viking bus
I have a 1959 Chev.Viking, Blue Bird bus. It is 2 piece curved. Anyone know what the Windshields are? Block size is 20 x 48 Help!
Views: 311   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 5, 2014 2:59pm
by Terri
window to fit a chevy express 2002
I have a chevy express 2002 with a forward driver side broken window and need to replace it. It was dwsighn by cherry desighn,atempered creation window with a flip vent sizs 44x29 {AS3 M41 DOT 243} NEED ONE BADLY. WHO CAN HELP PLEASE.
Views: 1349   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 4, 2014 11:08am
by $.02
Wire nightmare.
I've heard of this happening, but never seen it before. I got a call from one of my body shop customers yesterday about a Nissan he took in where another company which shall remain nameless had cut through the lower pinch weld, dash, and vin plate. The DOT had to com...
Views: 1993   Replies: 21
Last Post: Sep 4, 2014 5:59am
by glassmandan
New 2 piece sliding window
So what I can see is the days of seeing one side or the other of a rear sliding window being taped off or plexiglass glued in in place of the broken piece are gone if it is tempered the whole thing is gone when broken and will have to be replaced sooner as the hole w...
Views: 501   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 4, 2014 4:30am
by LEAKPRO
b
bqa
1163/64
does anybody know where i can buy pallets of these that aren't made in china? i tried pilkington and ppg both are chinese. i would like guardian if possible. mygrant only has fyg. does anybody know what brand the dealers carry for OEM? i called the closest dea...
Views: 848   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 3, 2014 10:02pm
by Ben
b
BB
Rock chips paint touch up
How many of you guys have touch up add-on? I'm thinking to add it to my service but I'm a bit hesitating as I don't know if it's worth it. Should I buy a system from someone or should I try to build my own system? What do you guys suggest?
Views: 378   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 3, 2014 10:00pm
by Ben
Kudos to the Sage
http://www.glassbytes.com/2014/08/four-agrr-companies-file-motions-to-quash-safelite-subpoenas/ The insurers have gone exactly where the sage said they would go. No truer words are spoken and by the offending party while justifying manipulation of the market....
Views: 498   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 3, 2014 8:54pm
by Daveycrewcut
Ford F150 Top Moulding
FYI in case you haven't seen one of these... Attention Carlite Customers Ford has decided to remove the header portion of the molding on the current F150 windshields and has given Carlex service direction to sell down our stock of parts with 3-sided moldings...
Views: 1012   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 3, 2014 2:24pm
by Marcus
In case you missed it.....
While deer flying through windshields, kids vandalizing cars at dealerships, and Lyft shaving Uber mustaches are pertinent auto glass industry news, here are two stories not covered, for whatever reason, that have direct impact on our industry going forward: Head...
Views: 1083   Replies: 23
Last Post: Sep 3, 2014 4:51am
by Phred
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com