AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2011 Audi A8 Lane Departure Warning Sys failure

Hi Guys,
We installed a windshield in this car using a Pilkington Brand. After installation everything worked great on all systems. Two days later the Lane Departure Warning light and Adaptive Cruise warning light come on and both systems fail to work. I've called Audi but their response is that we should ve used an Audi glass. Its got to be something else. Any ideas out there?
Thanks in advance.

Re: 2011 Audi A8 Lane Departure Warning Sys failure

Need to re-calibrate it. Use a VAG-Com to reset the parimeters and everything will be golden

Thanks XS. I do not have one of these at my disposal. I may use the dealership next door.
I'm assuming you've encountered this problem before?

Yes. We service several Audi dealers in the area. Even the oem dealer glass needs to be re-calibrated sometimes. When under warranty they will use factory glass. The used car department will use aftermarket. The service department will use what ever the customer wants.

I'm hoping that the Ford Dealership next to us can do this. I'm assuming they can. Thanks for the advice and I'll let you know how it goes.

Anderson Windshield
I'm hoping that the Ford Dealership next to us can do this. I'm assuming they can. Thanks for the advice and I'll let you know how it goes.

Very doubtful they will have a VAG-Com set up. Its designed for VW/Audi& Porsche's. Unless one of the mechanic's have a Ross/hex cable which can be used in place of a authentic VAG scanner.

Thanks XS. We had run into this and that is what the Dealership did to solve. You definitely contribute well to this board.

I don't know why but the name of that tool, I am surprised it was not **** out :)

You are correct. Dealerships have never heard of if. I found a mechanic that specializes in German made cars and he says he can do it for 65.00. Audi wanted 350.00.

Anderson Windshield
You are correct. Dealerships have never heard of if. I found a mechanic that specializes in German made cars and he says he can do it for 65.00. Audi wanted 350.00.

We have one of these. We do many Audi and VW that some do need resetting. We do it as a courtesy for our clients and don't charge for it

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/hex-usb+can.html

XS - what was the damage for this device, or; how much was the investment?

HEX-USB+CAN
Intelligent Dual-K plus CAN USB Interface

My Name is Earl
XS - what was the damage for this device, or; how much was the investment?

HEX-USB+CAN
Intelligent Dual-K plus CAN USB Interface

Purchased for $325.00 with free unlimited updates

Unsuccessful with the local mechanic. It worked for two days and then stopped working again. I guess the dealer is the next step. I'm sure they are going to pitch the "he should've used an Audi glass" game to him. Update coming.

What value's did he see on the VAG ? And what did he reset it at?

This, I do not know. The customer took it directly to the mechanic himself. It worked for a few hours afterwards then failed again. Should I inquire? Do you have some numbers that I should pass on?

I'm beginning to sweat this thing a bit. We did a great install on it, everything looks great etc, etc.

On the VCDSC screen the access values and perimeters. He is able to adjust and modify the sensor. Every glass has a different optical value. hence the need even for adjust on OEM dealer glass. Sounds like he reset for factory values and did not adjust accordingly to code in..

XS, you obviously have a good handle on this issue both experientially and in technical knowledge. Do you have a link or source where I might better educate myself on this?

Anderson WIndshield
XS, you obviously have a good handle on this issue both experientially and in technical knowledge. Do you have a link or source where I might better educate myself on this?

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Retrofitting

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com