AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New Glass Shop Business Owners

I am just starting out in this industry as a business owner. I have worked for many glass repair companies, including Chipio. I started my own company because I felt that the way glass technicians are treated and also made to treat customers is unethical. We are a nice local family owned shop and am really determined to break through the mold. The previous shops I worked for all had so many inspection issues and definitely didn't take care of customers or give a hell about being honest. How can I stay in business without getting inspections? I only have a few little shops at a couple of car washes, we do about 5-7 repairs a day at each location. As a new glass shop owner how can I avoid the inevitable???? Any other advice is appreciated!

The Glass Gal

Re: New Glass Shop Business Owners

inspections are not that bad. its part of the industry because of unethical glass shops. we rarely get them, but deal with them.

I have not received any inspections yet but I assume they will start assigning them to our shop eventually as time passes since I am in the state of California. Is this true??

Maybe because it is after 5 where I am, and I have had a few what are you referencing in regards to inspections?

If you are in California you have to register with the Bureau of Automotive Repair. They charge you $350.00 per location so you can be inspected. You are not a glass shop, you are a glass repair service. When you do the things a glass shop does then you can call yourself a GLASS SHOP.

I am registered with the BAR! And Larry I apologize GLASS REPAIR SERVICE! MARTIN KEEP DRINKING:)!

Glass Gal - the IGA has a program and software that allows you to run your business (just like Chipio does) and it helps you get paid sooner and makes the inevitable (inspections) easy to deal with.

We hired someone from Chipio and they have mobile phone applications that allow you to upload the damage and anything else. Very professional and he fit in great. I think from what he described, they have a separate deal with eDirect (who we use).

If anything, the customer will appreciate the extra effort to document their damage, you can document any previous damage, and it keeps all the parties (the TPA/insurer) with a legitimate interest at bay.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com