AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Time For Change

I think it is time for change and this maybe may be the answer . I am a small shop who believes in the AGSC and certified techs. Most say SAfe!@#$%^& is the monster in the room but how many of us attack each other and how many are on other networks with pricing that is for worse than that of Safe!@#$%^& . The networks have become corrupt by making the cheapest price the preferred shop . I say support AGSC get certified and go out and sell it and see if your company does not see changes .
As an industry we need to be proactive and not reactive . The attacks are not helping the industry in fact it is killing it . I have seen a lot of mom and pop going out and we can change that . ONE VOICE!

Re: Time For Change

a local guy in my market has gone out of biz twice because he doesn't charge enough. Good installer, but homeless if he doesn't have a girlfriend. We also have a light duty mechanic in the area buying northstar glass and advertising $99 installed. Jose' will come over from the twin cities (we're within an hour away- notice I didn't call him Pedro?!?!). All in all, we'll always be competing against this.

I was a member of AGRSS for a few years, but the only other AGRSS company (and they brag about it a lot) has a horrible reputation... they always leak. They buy cheap urethane, but used an approved system during their inspection last year. A lot of turnover too... Agents refer them by the masses too. CE classes and gifts to the agents have solidified their place in our market, yet customers don't trust accreditation anymore because of them. SGC is the other elephant in the room too, but I don't worry about them much.

I have 20 years in the industry, but have a hard time figuring out how I can be part of the one voice... maybe it's a myth.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com