AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
In case you missed it.....

While deer flying through windshields, kids vandalizing cars at dealerships, and Lyft shaving Uber mustaches are pertinent auto glass industry news, here are two stories not covered, for whatever reason, that have direct impact on our industry going forward:

Headline:Glass Doctor® Franchise Group Joins Independent Glass Association

http://tinyurl.com/glassdoctorjoinsiga

Headline:eDirectGlass Marks Virtual Automotive Glass Claims Inspection Milestone With 500,000 Claims Reviewed

http://tinyurl.com/glassclaimsinspection

As always, thank you for your support!

Re: In case you missed it.....

Congratulations to Glass Doctor and the IGA. With the new programs the IGA is offering this could be a benefit to the Doctor and other companies involved. I would think this could give the IGA and Mr. Hart some credibility. Maybe that's why the press release was not published on this site. Could it be a shift in momentum from the current company that gets all the attention on this site. I don't know but it should be fun to watch.

Gary,

I wish I did not give up on my old venture, as the guy said Epic Fail.

Larry

I'm so sick of that company soliciting me three or four times a year. I wish they would keep records, I repeatedly tell them not to call.

Lasso
I'm so sick of that company soliciting me three or four times a year. I wish they would keep records, I repeatedly tell them not to call.

I thought Larry got rid of the company?

I think he is talking about AGRR ? just speculating. Def was not me Auto Glass Industry never reached out to anyone.

only IGA would think that getting a new member is news story... unless of course they only have a few, then maybe it is a big deal. funny.

Glass Guy
only IGA would think that getting a new member is news story... unless of course they only have a few, then maybe it is a big deal. funny.

Did you take the time to read the press release? If so, then you missed the big point that with the addition of the Glass Doctor Franchise Group, IGA programs now reach more consumers than ever before. Maybe this is funny to you if you work for a non-indy glass company but for the rest of the industry, it represents a milestone.

I do thank you for your support and kind words. May you have a wonderful holiday weekend Glass Guy.

Gary Hart
Glass Guy

Did you take the time to read the press release? If so, then you missed the big point that with the addition of the Glass Doctor Franchise Group, IGA programs now reach more consumers than ever before. Maybe this is funny to you if you work for a non-indy glass company but for the rest of the industry, it represents a milestone.

I do thank you for your support and kind words. May you have a wonderful holiday weekend Glass Guy.

if Bob B got a new car, if back in the day Cindy Minion got a new hair style, if dave leach just after getting CAGG going got a fresh color of just for men, now that was news..

Steve From SC

if Bob B got a new car, if back in the day Cindy Minion got a new hair style, if dave leach just after getting CAGG going got a fresh color of just for men, now that was news..

Very helpful and this information should add a great deal to the ongoing efforts in our industry that are holding back the stability and profitability for all.

Thank you for your support and may you have a blessed holiday weekend.

Is glass doctor an independent? Thought they were on the o & a.

BL

An independent glass shop is not defined by whether they invoice per offer & acceptance. Only a handful of automotive glass repair and replacement shops bill 100% non-O&A in the USA and Canada. There are 22,500 AGRR shops in North America and less than 100 do 100% non-O&A direct bill.

Gary,

Does that include Safelite? Where are you getting your stats?

Seems like a lot of dancing. If our fate is to dance, as gary's numbers dictate, what use is a "independent" glass association? It would seem through technology, the iga wishes to become another slave master, pulling the strings; is there no hope for the truly independent.

Jim
Seems like a lot of dancing. If our fate is to dance, as gary's numbers dictate, what use is a "independent" glass association? It would seem through technology, the iga wishes to become another slave master, pulling the strings; is there no hope for the truly independent.

Through education and technology, glass shops that are independently owned will be armed with the information they need to do business differently. The technology simply puts the data in front of the user to enable them to make better decisions regarding all aspects of their business including billing, scheduling and more. These practices are designed to be opposite of what the networks have trained the industry to do.

These large number of shops have no idea how to do things differently and that is where an association like the IGA is necessary.

There is plenty of "hope" for the truly independent glass retailer so as long as they are able to embrace change and look at the way they do business differently.

JB
Gary,

Does that include Safelite? Where are you getting your stats?

Yes, the list includes retail locations owned by Safelite and Belron Canada in addition to other groups managed by TPA's such as Uniban, TeleGlass and others.

The data is complied from various sources including TPA's, suppliers, and 3rd party databases.

Quote: "There is plenty of "hope" for the truly independent glass retailer so as long as they are able to embrace change and look at the way they do business differently."

Dancer Double Speak. The different approach (networks)is how we arrived here. Profit is gone for manufacturer, wholesaler, and retailer; quality has gone with it. "Hope" is hopelessly ambiguous, as is your response.

Quote: "The technology simply puts the data in front of the user to enable them to make better decisions regarding all aspects of their business including billing"

"Data" is your God, a God which I will not serve. Somehow you are trying to sell your compilation of billing "data" as a new "standard" for all, while attempting to pass off the new "standard" as our "Holy Grail". If the numbers you spout are true with regard to "Dancers", how will you ever raise the average ticket price, the numbers don't work. The "Data" strategy will result in a "Data" vs. "Data" fight that will repeat previous failures. IGA lacks the funds to fight.

This fight is "personal" for those of us who shed blood and sweat in this industry. Co-existence and compromise are nice words, but its time to stop providing the enemy with aid and comfort; especially from an association purported to represent our best interests. Its time IGA adopted a "Don't Tread on Me" attitude and put away the white flag of "Data".

Gary Hart
BL

An independent glass shop is not defined by whether they invoice per offer & acceptance. Only a handful of automotive glass repair and replacement shops bill 100% non-O&A in the USA and Canada. There are 22,500 AGRR shops in North America and less than 100 do 100% non-O&A direct bill.

Then it's time to re-define or at least sub categorize.

An independent shop is a non o & a shop.

Let's call the other non corporate shops network owned. By participation ofcourse. Fair?

Why would Safelite need to be O&A? If they can't direct bill then who can?

I can't believe there aren't more non o&a shops.

Jim

"Data" is your God, a God which I will not serve. This fight is "personal" for those of us who shed blood and sweat in this industry. Co-existence and compromise are nice words, but its time to stop providing the enemy with aid and comfort; especially from an association purported to represent our best interests. Its time IGA adopted a "Don't Tread on Me" attitude and put away the white flag of "Data".

By data Jim I mean information that informs and teaches, not actual data per se. Why don't you give me a call tomorrow Jim and I would be happy to speak with you at length about your ideas on how the IGA can do more than it already is. My number is on our website.

As always, thank you for your support in the industry.

Gary Hart

Smiley
I can't believe there aren't more non o&a shops.

What is your definition of "Non O&A Shops"?

a) Shops that 100% invoice at their own designated rates either directly or indirectly with an insurance company.

b) Shops that invoice some work at their own designated rates, while others are settled at less than face value either directly or indirectly with an insurance company.

The networks and insurance companies know exactly who accepts what and who doesn't. Just look at the cases of who is getting face value and it isn't very many.

Glass Doctor is very profitable--- for the folks that SELL the franchises. As far as those who BUY the franchises--- well, that is quite another story. In an industry like ours with very tight margins, if you want to kick over a nice royalty percentage right off the top, then go for it.

Good point Hugo. There are franchises and there are franchises. The benefits from the GD association appear meager compared to the substantial financial drain.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com