AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Mygrant

Heard a rumor that Mygrant is for sale and PGW may be in talks with them. Anyone out there hear similar

Re: Mygrant

Why would pgw spend money on a company thats already working on putting themselves out of business? If they wait it out they'll have all of Mygrants customers for free.

This is not going to happen, it is not real. Now with that being said do I believe that Mygrant is for sale YES. Industry speculation is a company out of Canada.

Marcus
This is not going to happen, it is not real. Now with that being said do I believe that Mygrant is for sale YES. Industry speculation is a company out of Canada.

The only company that could pull off purchasing Mygrant from Canada is Nationwide Glass.

why would pgw buy them? the clowns can not close an umbrella let alone sell you glass

Sounds like you're a bit disgruntled.

Remember it is a rumor, it's made up. No facts.

ct. glass shop
why would pgw buy them? the clowns can not close an umbrella let alone sell you glass

Yes, PGW shut you off, and now you are disgruntled. All of your posts are down on PGW. Get over it.

The rumor mill took things up a notch yesterday with FYG now in the hunt. This would make the most sense after thinking about it overnight but what every does make sense in the AGRR industry?

http://tinyurl.com/mygrantrumor

not true grubber police

No doubt Mygrant is at a crossroads. Ownership is aging and they have had local issues here in No Cal, their home. One hears that their national expansion has made flexibility difficult as well. Mike Mygrant has been in tough spots before and gotten by.
What would be sad is the loss of their "independence". They are the only place that Sekurit, Carlex, Carlite and AGC can be found and purchased in my area.

For all of that said, Mygrant for the most part has gone Chinese. FYG is the main brand they carry with XYZ coming in second. They are trying to compete in a market that has corporate production resources which they don't. Far too many retailers and sub contractors want cheap instead of quality brand names and all Mygrant has done is to respond to that demand.

Mike has every right to do what he thinks will work. I wish he had chose a path that offered retailers quality choices instead of what exists today. If FYG was a player for a purchase of Mygrant Glass, one thing is for sure, it would be very easy to value inventory for the buyer.

The glass world is ever changing. I have been on both sides of the business retail / wholesale. I was involved in two buyouts within the first six years of being in the industry. In 2009 I remember thinking the glass industry is taking a turn for the worst. I never dreamed it would have turned out the way it is today.The time when everyone made a profit is OVER. Everyday is a fight in the industry. From consumers wanting everything cheaper and cheaper. I can't tell you how many times over all my years in the industry that I've been asked " is that the best you can do on the price? With the famous reply of " well if that's it I will call someone else." The time is coming were the distributors are going to take a stand. We will have just a few Big Dogs left in the fight. Mygrant does offer a variety of brands they always have. With that being said. I agree with you FYG should purchase Mygrant. Mygrant has locations all over the United States and have shown FYG that the product will continue to sale. If Mygrant decides to sale be happy for them. They have provided many people with jobs on both sides of the industry for years. It will be a sad to see them go(I will cry),however I'm grateful for the many years they have given of themselves to a "me" industry that is declining at a fast.

Mike is not the one making decisions. His wife is, that is why Dave Kidston left the company.

My 2 cents

I can't speak for the Mygrant family. My post wasn't intended to call anyone out. It was for all of us to take a look at the industry as a whole. They seem to be a very intelligent couple. That should make everyone take a step back and think. However, as the old saying goes"Behind every great man there's a great woman"

ct. glass shop
not true grubber police

Oh, it's true. You're one disgruntled person, when it comes to them. I wonder why?

not true just sayin. over 70 years ago ppg got our family started in flat and auto and we had a strong bond with this company. today its a different story

ct. glass shop
not true just sayin. over 70 years ago ppg got our family started in flat and auto and we had a strong bond with this company. today its a different story

Whats the story ?
Why are you so disgruntled? Did they hurt your feelings?

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com