AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
SL & Body Shops

So the other day this body shop tell's my friend they will just call safelite to do the work in the shop because a body guy was to lazy to pull interior.

Ok fair go ahead and call safelite, but how does a safelite tech with no fein knife no anything but wire successfully pull some of this crap out? with just wire and there hand or??

Just curious, where I am I do not see safelite doing pulls.

Re: SL & Body Shops

I haven't seen Bel/Safe in body shops on L.I. For years. I think they realized there is no $$$ there so they stopped that part of the market.

Larry
So the other day this body shop tell's my friend they will just call safelite to do the work in the shop because a body guy was to lazy to pull interior.

Ok fair go ahead and call safelite, but how does a safelite tech with no fein knife no anything but wire successfully pull some of this crap out? with just wire and there hand or??

He's pulling your chain.... Hacklite's don't even service bodyshops anymore unless it involves a insurance claim new glass replacement. Let that dirtbag go elsewhere. One less headache you have to deal with. Bodyshops in our experience use the skill guys to pull out glass and low ball them for the labor. Then use the dirtbag lowballers for the replacement services

Don't even waste your time with body shops. There's one company here that does R&I's for 52.50...yes really. Its not even worth anyones time. They basically make more money making a phone call then the glass guy pulling the glass. That's why most body shops get so upset when a glass is broken..

xs
Larry

He's pulling your chain.... Hacklite's don't even service bodyshops anymore unless it involves a insurance claim new glass replacement. Let that dirtbag go elsewhere. One less headache you have to deal with. Bodyshops in our experience use the skill guys to pull out glass and low ball them for the labor. Then use the dirtbag lowballers for the replacement services

If we pull a glass we take it back to the shop with us to "properly clean & prep the glass" for reinstallation.

Safelite still does Body Shops. Remember the wire can save a lot "if used the correct way". I did a 2012 Tahoe rear quarter glass by hand. took 2 min.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com