AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Is it Geigo or Safelite?

Geigo Ins or is it Safelite?

Has anyone experienced when calling Geigo Claims IE. Safelite to get a referral number for a stone chip repair they try and have you do it on-line instead of talking with a representative? What is the benefit to the consumer especially if they want to use a preferred repair shop.

I just had a long time Geigo insured and they wanted her to file a claim on line which she didn't do and was able to talk to a live person. After going through the complete asked questions and knowing I was a preferred vendor they told her that her brand new 2014 Mini Cooper would have to be inspected prior to receiving a referral number. What is that all about? And who is a fault if the windshield cracks out prior to someone able to look at the stone chip?

Is this another form of steering for Safelite to get more repair? This has happened to our shop twice in the last six weeks. Do you think this may be a trend coming about with all the insurance companies who use Safelite?

Re: Is it Geigo or Safelite?

Gene, The inspection B.S. is supposedly done randomly. It is really just a stalling tactic to give Safelite a chance to steal the job. Next time when you call the Geico #, don't press 1, press 2 and then you should be able to talk to a live person.

Also, according to their policy wording, "the insured's duty in the event of loss....the insured will:
(a) Protect the auto, whether or not the loss is covered by this policy. Further loss due to the insured's failure to protect the auto will not be covered. Reasonable expenses incurred for this protection will be paid by GEICO.
(b) File with Geico, within 91 days after the loss, his sworn proof of loss including all information GEICO may reasonably require.
(c) At GEICO's request, the insured will exhibit the damaged property.

So it looks like the repair needs to be done as soon as possible. GEICO says they will pay reasonable expenses for the repair. Policyholder just needs to file the claim within 91 days. It says nothing about waiting for an inspection before the protective repair is done. Since the windshield wasn't removed and evidence of the repaired damage is still visible, GEICO can inspect the windshield on a post repair basis.

Not every insurance company has the same wording but it is similar.

It is not just Geico. I had an issue with progressive yesterday where the insured had a 2014 sprinter van and a $1000 deductible for replacement they refused to issue me a referral number until they could verify that it was going to cost over $1000 to replace the windshield. of course there is no NAGS pricing and they gave me the run around I had the insured on the line for part of the call but when they started to get unreasonable I asked if he could drop off. It took me talking to a supervisor and arguing with her for 45 minutes before they gave me the referral number I called their executive services and complained. Not that it will make any difference.

Preferred Provider. All we need to know, enjoy the dance.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com