Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
1928 Durant Dealers Convention
This picture was found 2 weeks ago in my Granpa's garage. Grandpa, J.A. Lapierre was a dealer at this convention and I have the "Star" cufflinks he was given at the time. Picture is 15 megs so.. Microsoft Photo Editor has a hard time... Use Microsoft Paint... vie...
Views: 360   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 12, 2009 8:25pm
by Rick Botti
b
brian
Rear end gears any options?
I was wondering if there was any other gears I can put into my D40 rear end. Currently it has a 2:1 ratio My problem is since I no longer have the original running gear I wanted to run a L6 250 motor and th350 tranny, but most of the calculators are showing I will...
Views: 332   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 10, 2009 9:13pm
by cdmn
Air Pressure in tires
Am wondering what people are generally running for air pressure in their tires. I have a Model 40 Touring with 4.40 by 21 inches. Would appreciate any comment Guy
Views: 423   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 10, 2009 9:43am
by Bill Hoaglan
Tillotson Carb
I have found a Tillotson carb in a box of carbs and parts. It is the only up-draft carb in the box. Does anyone know what it fits from the info below??. Is it Durant material?? Thanks The Tillotson Mfg. Co. Pat. D 12-30-1919 1-31-1922 12-18-1928 Toledo, O...
Views: 286   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 10, 2009 9:14am
by Jack Malpass
DMAC Gathering - Guelph, Ont.
Thanks to all the members who turned out for our gathering. We had a great 3 days of touring and Sunday was just gorgeous weather. "Only in Canada, you say" We had a total of 26 cars on the Sunday and to all reports, no one went away hungry or dissatisfied. We eve...
Views: 314   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 9, 2009 11:59am
by Ed Vomero
Data Plate Photos
Hi All.... Here is a collection of data plates that I acquired. I will be bringing this to Texarkana for show and tell. I have shown some close ups of some unique ones. Enjoy.....See Y'all in Texarkana....Frank
Views: 387   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 8, 2009 6:39am
by Frank Witkowski
torque specs
hi Surely someone out there knows the torque specs for this car?? I would guess that Frank Witkowski or Don Shilling have both had to use them at one time . Any help available out there ?? I need the torque ( foot lbs ) for the main bearings and the con rod...
Views: 295   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 6, 2009 12:29pm
by S. Blomquist
torque specs
Hi everyone What are the torque specs for the main and con rod bearings >? I had all the info but cant find it anywhere now that I need it. Isnt that the way it always works?? Thanks Ken
Views: 298   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 4, 2009 10:26pm
by Ken McCormick
Happy 4th!
Have a great 4th of July all in Cyber DurantVille! With care, Keith & Jeanne N
Views: 273   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 4, 2009 9:40pm
by Keith N
Star Goodies in Oklahoma!
Try This Again,,,,, I've been on the road since Wednesday and have a trip toward Dallas in the morning so my mind and fingers are a little out of sync. Howell sheet metal, Beaumont,Tex: We took all our wheel metal parts to Tommy Johnson, (Ardmore, OK) for ne...
Views: 808   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 4, 2009 9:32am
by Bill Hoaglan
La Mesa Car Show 7-02-2009
Hello. I just had my Wife's son in law Mike upload some pictures last night we took out at a weekly street car show in La Mesa where New Jersey member Charlie Spitz and I and Mike attended with our 27 Star, & 29 Durant, & the 31 Durant 619 I sold Charlie. The 29...
Views: 298   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 3, 2009 7:44pm
by Charles A. Spitz...
Views: 319   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 3, 2009 12:27pm
by Lance Haynes
Durant engine for sale
I posted on july 1 about an engine I have. With Bob Smiths help I can tell you more about what I have. This is a Continental engine used in the A-22,8 bolt head with heat box exh. Date on head is 5-8-23 and date on block is in the other posting.If anyone has any inte...
Views: 334   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 3, 2009 11:40am
by Lou Dube'
Durant engine for sale
Hi, I have recently acquired a Durant engine converted to a power unit which powered a saw mill. The engine is quite complete, although the valve cover is missing and it has sat outside uncovered. The engine is free and turns, but about half the valves are frozen.The...
Views: 408   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 1, 2009 7:00pm
by Bill Hoaglan
HAPPY CANADA DAY
Hi Folks: Happy Canada Day. It is not too late to think about coming to the DMAC gathering in Guelph. Come today, tomorrow, Friday, Saturday or Sunday. There will be a short tour on each of Thursday, Friday and a longer tour on Saturday. Sunday will be a day o...
Views: 294   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 1, 2009 5:34pm
by Bill DeVries
La Crosse hotel phone number
I tried the phone number listed for the La Crosse Hotel to make my reservations and got some place in Arizona.. Can some one give me a good number to call? Sure want to get to the right hotel when we go there . Thanks --Ken
Views: 369   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 30, 2009 9:43pm
by Rick Botti
b
brian
d40 wood pattern for main platform to frame needed
I am looking for a pattern for the approx 2x6 wood that runs on top the frame from front to back, where the body is mounted onto. My wood is so rotted it would be all guess work. Does anyone know where I can find a pattern? thanks
Views: 306   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 30, 2009 9:34pm
by Don Shilling
Headlight Bulbs 30 cp versus 50 cp
My Star had 50 cp bulbs in headlights. I could not find 50 cp but I found 30 cp. I installed new 30 cp headlight bulbs. They were bright for 3 seconds then filaments burned out. Would someone please explain to me the difference between 50 cp and 30 cp which I...
Views: 350   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 30, 2009 7:56pm
by Guy Belzil
Mason/ Durant/ Rugby TRUCK
Lucky you--I have a rear axle assembly and transmission, all heavy duty,sitting in my driveway looking for a new home. Do you want more info, pictures?????
Views: 315   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 30, 2009 2:43pm
by Jack Connor
Starter
I recently bough a 1931 Durant, At first the starter turned over (very begrudgingly) and the car started. Now it does nothing - no clicking - no noise. I removed the starter to test it by grounding it and putting 6 volt power to the hot wire - Result - nothing. Is th...
Views: 347   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 30, 2009 5:41am
by Jim Reed
Help! Parts needed
Hi, I have a 1925 Star car with a cracked block. The engine is the W5 Continental. Does anyone have a block in good condition for sale? Also the distributor housing broke. The distributor his an Autolite IGB 4005A 2H. Does anyone have a housing or whole distrib...
Views: 411   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 29, 2009 8:11pm
by Rick Botti
First drive since 1965
Our 1929 D-40 was finally driven again this past weekend. It was the first time it has been running since 1965. It was donated to another Musuem in '65, from which we later inherited it, in 1990. The car had been on static display all of those last 43 years. Last Nov...
Views: 325   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 29, 2009 7:53pm
by Rick Botti
75 MPH in a Durant !!
Hi All..... Just to prove the advertising was correct for the 1929 Model 70 Durant... I had mine up to 75 mph across Interstate 80 on Tuesday.... It rolled along fine and kept up with the modern traffic. We sure did get some interesting reactions... Oh it...
Views: 373   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 27, 2009 5:16pm
by Keith N
Tour registration
Well it is finally confirmed--I am definitely going to be there . Another long drive for this old man but I got time to spare We will be leaving here early enough to make it for the whole thing. Only problem at the moment is trying to download the registra...
Views: 264   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 26, 2009 10:28am
by Ken McCormick
Rugby Engine Restoration
I am wanting to remove the engine from my 1926 Durant. Does anyone know what process I could use without taking the transmission back? ie, How do I slide the coupling backwards or forwards between the engine without disassembling? -Rick
Views: 288   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 25, 2009 5:14am
by Frank Witkowski
Star radiator shell
First of all happy Father's to one and all. I just returned from 45th annual L.A. Roadster's Father's Day Swap Meet and Car Show at the L.A. County Fair grounds. The first thing I saw in the swapping area was a Star radiator shell! It was severely pitted & rusted out...
Views: 366   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 24, 2009 10:12am
by Hal Vandevord
Another Model 70?
Anyone see the 29 Durant for sale on Ebay? Is that another Model 70? Couldn't quite make out the ID plate but it looks like a Model 70 from Lansing? If so another rare car has surfaced?
Views: 600   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 23, 2009 3:30am
by Karen Edmonds
Torrid -Hete
This is my Torrid -Hete Heater Acc. But I need the three inch flex pipe to complete it which is no longer available over the counter in auto stores or hardware stores because of regulations. Anyone know where to get flex pipe? Thx! Kn
Views: 380   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 21, 2009 12:48pm
by Dave Schulte
Wow - skipped a generation with taillight setup....
Wow... Bought some REMOTE taillights from EASY ON wireless taillights. 1-866-889-8386. $289 US No extra wires or hardware and I`ve got full taillights. I feel like a 3rd world person with a cellular. Wow Guy
Views: 454   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 20, 2009 9:06pm
by Guy Belzil
Rugby engine numbers
My name is Matthew Lombard; I am the curator at the National Motor Museum (Australia). I often get asked many questions, and not all of which I have the answer for, recently I was asked about a Rugby engine. I noted that on the Durant web forum people had asked a que...
Views: 292   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 18, 2009 10:32pm
by Matthew Lombard
m
Mike
Star transmission
I think I have a Star transmission, bought a house from an old guy who said it is a Star transmission in the barn. Don't know if anyone would be interested.
Views: 283   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 18, 2009 10:19am
by Don Shilling
carburator float
Looking for parts to a carburator specifically the float for it. Mine split in half. cork material
Views: 327   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 16, 2009 6:39pm
by Vince O'Brien
Luray Durant/Star meet!
Even though I have been a member of the club for a number of years,this was my first meet, WHAT A GREAT TIME!!! I found out there are NO strangers in the club, just a lot of nice folks who love getting together with their D/S cars. Thanks to all who made me and Ruth...
Views: 700   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 15, 2009 7:46pm
by garykauffman
HEADLIGHT RINGS
I AM LOOKING FOR A PAIR OF HEADLIGHT RINGS FOR A '28 DURANT M2 BULLET TYPE HEADLIGHTS?
Views: 283   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 15, 2009 6:49pm
by JOHN PRICE
Its Hot!
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa307/kantique55/DurnHot.jpg Whew! It's hot! I need a drink of water. Say, I wonder if I could run on that hydrogen stuff? Or maybe I could sip on some alcohol and keep them G'vment boys off my tail....
Views: 437   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 13, 2009 10:56pm
by Keith N
door handles
where is the best place to purchase 4 inside door handles and possibly 2 hood latches for a 1929/30 Durant model 6-63? Since I need 4, yes it is a 4 door,ha ha. Dave
Views: 391   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 12, 2009 6:48am
by Dave Jansen
Helpful Hint for New radiators
I recently got a new radiator for an engine that had been sitting for many years. The radiator repairman suggested that I put a screen across the intake to the new radiator, get the engine hot and flush the system several times. He insisted that I use a small mesh...
Views: 337   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 10, 2009 4:07pm
by Vince O'Brien
rear main seal
What kind of material do I use for a rear main seal?? And where can I get this stuff. Kind of looks like graphite impregnated rope . What size ?? Any info would help. How does one go about putting it in to make a good seal. I have the motor out and stripped so...
Views: 432   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 10, 2009 3:43am
by Ricardo H.Colomb...
Durant query
Please can anyone help me in identifying this vehicle? Details are as follows: Model F Motor Number: 217748 Durant Motor Company of New Jersey Elizabeth. NY. USA. Head casting build date: 7-8-27 Block casting build date: 9-5-23 21 inch wooden whe...
Views: 564   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 10, 2009 12:46am
by Thanks
Tom Schwab from Oregon has died
Some bad news. Ruth Schwab just called me from Silverton , Or. and Tom has died of a massive heart attack on May 9th. He was a dear friend and a great Durant lover owning a 24 Star touring and a Durant/ Star pickup and many other cars. He attended Mike Larsen's Hood...
Views: 446   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 9, 2009 4:41pm
by Rick Botti
Paint colours
I'm trying to settle on a paint colour. I've been looking through the tech pages and old forum posts. In the tech pages I've seen the list of colour names. In the old forum pages, others have said that Jim Wells from Auto Color Library has previously been a big he...
Views: 379   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 9, 2009 4:04am
by Shane Hoffmann
Response to General Motors Posts
The US is now importing over 70% of its' oil. Last year we paid $450 billion for oil. The US will continue to pay more and more for oil. T. Boone Pickens prophesies that we will be importing over 75% of our oil and paying $200 to $300 dollars for it. We need to h...
Views: 310   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 8, 2009 8:11pm
by Stephen Aldrich
FREE Durant Family Registry Books and parts information
I have these materials I will give to anyone willing to pay shipping or come to pick them up.
Views: 351   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 8, 2009 8:10pm
by gary k
Does anybody know how much does a Rugby model M weight?
Dear friends, I am facing some problems to get the license of my 1927 Rugby model M. The Traffic Dept is asking me everything that we deem as silly infos to give me the license. My car as many of you is a touring model M, year 1927. Does anybody know how much d...
Views: 373   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 8, 2009 8:08pm
by Dib Franciss
e
Eliot
roster
Who do I contact to update my information in the members roster? I am visiting family in Ohio and Michigan, thought I might visit a couple of museums, does any one know which are the best . I will driving from Cleveland to Grand Rapids. The R.E.Olds museum web site...
Views: 417   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 8, 2009 8:05pm
by gary k
chassis for sale
I have a complete chassis for sale. It is 102" wheelbase with a W-5 motor. I also have a rear end and front axle from a 1924 Star touring. Any questions please E-mail me.
Views: 322   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 8, 2009 3:50pm
by Bill DeVries
What is my Durant?
Here are some more photos of my Durant... I hope these give a bit more of an idea in helping to determine what year and model she is. I am having trouble identifying the fenders as they seem to be void of ribbing. Also, would anyone...
Views: 352   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 5, 2009 4:45pm
by Bill Hoaglan
1927 Star Coupe For Sale
Hi All..... One of our members has a nice 1927 Star M coupe for sale. This is a California made car so has 4 wheel brakes. The Car was at the Auburn National meet in 2007. It runs and drives well. Car is located in Owosso, Michigan. email me for owners...
Views: 1360   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 4, 2009 7:20am
by Mike Linthicum
pulling motor
I am trying to pull the motor out of the car to check the oil leak problem I have. It looks like I may have to remove the fenders first. I dont want to do this if I can get around it. How cxan I pull the motor without tearing the whole car apart again? Also-how do I...
Views: 338   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 3, 2009 10:39pm
by Keith N
general motors
Well now that Billy Durant's General Motors has filed for bankrupcy, does anyone think 'the Wizard of Flint' could have saved his prized company? Where do you guys think GM got it so wrong? Roscoe
Views: 449   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 3, 2009 4:33pm
by Bill Hoaglan
50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

The Durant Motors Automobile Club