Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rugby engine numbers

My name is Matthew Lombard; I am the curator at the National Motor Museum (Australia). I often get asked many questions, and not all of which I have the answer for, recently I was asked about a Rugby engine. I noted that on the Durant web forum people had asked a questions about Rugby engines and thus thought somebody may be able to assist me with this enquiry.

The engine number is W5572719 (I am assuming this is an engraved engine number and not a casting number) and it has the words DURANT MOTORS, CANADA on the engine, (again I assume that this is embossed cast, or on a plate). This unfortunately is all I have been told, to date no photos etc. I’m just wondering from this little amount of information can somebody identify the year of Rugby car/truck this engine would have been fitted to.

Thank you for any help you could possibly provide me.

Kind regards
Matthew Lombard
Curator
National Motor Museum
Birdwood
South Australia
AUSTRALIA

Where Are You From? Australia

Do You own a car built by Durant? No

The Durant Motors Automobile Club