Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tom Schwab from Oregon has died

Some bad news. Ruth Schwab just called me from Silverton , Or. and Tom has died of a massive heart attack on May 9th.
He was a dear friend and a great Durant lover owning a 24 Star touring and a Durant/ Star pickup and many other cars. He attended Mike Larsen's Hood River Oregon tour in 2004 and when I ask him for a donation to our new club museum fund he ask what was the average donation and I told him some of us had given $200.00 and he whipped out his check book and wrote us a check for $200.00 cheerfully. He came down to see me every winter and ride in my cars. Great nice friendly fellow and was only 74. He will be sorely missed.
Faithfully
Lance Haynes San Diego

Where Are You From? www.lancedurant.com & www.hireoldcars.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? Many

Re: Tom Schwab from Oregon has died

I am deeply sorry to hear this sad news.
Myself and my family sending our condolences.
He will be missed and always remembered.
Sincerely
Franz Fraitzl

Where Are You From? North Vancouver,B.C. Canada

Any time we lose a DMAC family member it is a loss. My condolences to his wife and family.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

My condolences to Ruth his wife and their family. I had spoken to Tom on the phone, but meet him for the first time in 2005 at the Santa Rosa national meet. I enjoyed the short time I knew and am glad I was able to see him one last time in Astoria. Below are some picks from that meet. The picture of him and Lance was taken in 2005 in Santa Rosa.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60 Deluxe Sport Roadster

The Durant Motors Automobile Club