Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Gas Caps
thank you for your response. I will be looking for your response regarding the quality and fitting of the cap. I do have a gas cap, but, it would be nice, to have one with a "D" on it.
Views: 278   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 25, 2009 4:33pm
by stephen Aldrich
JR5 Carburator
I have a JR5 Carburator. My grandfather had a Durant. I think I have other parts such as the head lamps. I'm still working on identifying them. I wanted to sell my JR5 and was hoping to get an idea on what they go for. My research has yielded nothing. Thanks for...
Views: 328   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 24, 2009 5:05pm
by Paul Wicklander
1930 Durant roadster model 614 for sale
I have been contacted by a man name of Jason who has a 30 roadster he would like to sell. Anyone know what a fair price would be for this unrestored car?? From the pics I have seen it looks pretty complete. Been stored inside for a quite a while. Any one inter...
Views: 478   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 24, 2009 3:06pm
by Ken McCormick
Australian company that casts door handles etc.
Does anybody know the web site for the Australian company that made door handles and carb bodies for Durant & Rugby that used to be on our links page? I'd like to contact them about some door handles.
Views: 297   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 22, 2009 7:17am
by Frank Witkowski
l
lynne
Not sure which one yet but I think its the h40 or the b40
Will tske pictures tomorrow and post, but even the original rear window shade is still in it. Wheel base is 115"
Views: 300   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 21, 2009 4:51pm
by Darren Anderson
Free delivery service
I will be leaving here on sept 2 heading for Texarkana . I will be driving a 1 ton chev pick up and have a lot of room to haul stuff if anyone has anything they want taken to the meeting. I will be going through all the following cities and if it is not to far off th...
Views: 313   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 20, 2009 7:09pm
by Ken McCormick
Lifetime Antifreeze
The local NAPA store has a lifetime antifreeze by Pentosin. It claims to be absoilutely neutral to metals. Does this mean no rust? Has anyone had any experience with it?
Views: 305   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 19, 2009 11:02am
by Vince O'Brien
Rear Brake on 26 Star Pickup
I'm missing the linkage between brake shoe to pull brakes on. Does anyone have a picture or are you able to describe part. Many thanks Max
Views: 418   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 17, 2009 3:41am
by Rick Starick
A Treasure found again...
Firstly, apologizes for 1st post... have found out FireFox is not allowing editing to messages as does Explorer. But here we go : Found this 5 miles north of home Found this 1936 Nash sedan chopped into a pickup sitting a top 1926 Star The rails , front...
Views: 800   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 16, 2009 6:07am
by Guy Belzil
Rust
I'm getting ready to replace most of the wood inside the cabin of my 6-14. The vehical inside and out is covered in a light to moderate surface rust. Nothing rusted out. Any advice in dealing with the interior rust. Some metal would seem extremely hard to access. Not...
Views: 339   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 15, 2009 6:56pm
by Don Shilling
A treasure (hic) found
this is a test
Views: 368   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 14, 2009 7:44pm
by Guy Belzil
Up Coming Road Trip
I'm in the process of selling my '17 Dodge Touring and will be delivering it to Phoenix about the end of Sept or so. I would really like to find something to haul back to Texarkana if possible. I'll haul most anything except wives and spare girlfriends,,,,,,,,,,....
Views: 311   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 14, 2009 5:59pm
by Don Shilling
OH NO !! Not Oil Again !!!
What are the latest recommendations for oil? I have my 29 15L apart again after about 2000 miles on a complete rebuild. Wrist pin noise alerted me to problems. Knurling worn off the piston skirts, oil in the bottom of the oil pan looked like metallic paint. My model...
Views: 457   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 14, 2009 7:18am
by Mike Linthicum
U-JOINT RESTORATION
I READ IN THE "DURANT'S STANDARD" VOL.6 NOV 1981 NO. 3 PAGE 4-5 THAT I CAN GET THE 16 RUBBER BALLS FOR THE REPAIR FROM THE CLUB OFFICE IS THIS STILL TRUE? IF NOT DOES ANYONE TELL ME I CAN?
Views: 350   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 13, 2009 9:38pm
by Gary Yelle
1925 Star Model F coupe
This is probably an unusual request... I'm writing a local history booklet that involves an anecdote concerning a Star automobile (manufactured by Durant Motors), and I need to know if this model had a crank on the front, which was used to start it. If the 1925 Star...
Views: 374   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 12, 2009 4:38pm
by Timothy Parrott
CARB
WHAT IS THE CORRECT CARBURATOR FOR MY CAR IT'S A 1929 M4 4 CLY.?
Views: 366   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 12, 2009 5:27am
by Frank Witkowski
1922/23 Star Engine for sale
I have a Star engine that I have tentatively identified as being from 1922 or 1923 that I am interested in selling. Photos are available upon request as well as additional information such as serial numbers, etc. Engine is in excellent shape. Was running when stored...
Views: 325   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 11, 2009 1:45pm
by Lee DeWire
HERSHEY, Durant Base Camp and Parts Finding Service
Our Club will have a site at Hershey. You are invited to "come on in" as often, for as long, as you like. The address will be posted soon. Our Base Camp will be open from Tuesday morning through Saturday afternoon. Rest facilities and refreshment will be...
Views: 306   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 9, 2009 5:27am
by Arthur Roberts
Secondhand Continental Piston
My 1923 Continental W4 has 3 aluminium pistons and one cast iron piston with a damaged gudgeon pin bush. I am looking for a secondhand piston as I'm not reboring the engine at this stage. Details written on the piston are: Continental W4A-405. Number on top...
Views: 501   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 9, 2009 4:49am
by Arthur Roberts
Fresh Wood Wheels
Butch and I made a run up to Johnson's Wood Wheels last Monday to pick up our freshly re-spoked wheels. Their shop is located between Ardmore and Durant, OK. The work is exceptional and very reasonably priced. If you are in need of their services contact Tommy or St...
Views: 470   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 7, 2009 1:18pm
by Lar
On the Road again - finally
After 7 months of work by several volunteers, our '29 D40 is operational again, after 43 years on static display. It has not been totally restored, but it has been returned to safe and reliable operation, for use within the Museum property only. A short video clip is...
Views: 333   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 7, 2009 12:55pm
by Norm Toone
Loco info ??
Lance ... for your thoughts. Reading the piece in the Ottawa Citizen July 3 by Bill Vance on Mercier's he comments the Mercier was bought by a Wall Street syndicate after 1918 and Emlen Hares a former Packard VP was put in charge of the Co. Name was changed to Hare's...
Views: 386   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 7, 2009 10:50am
by Lance Chabot
Hershey Heads Up
Hello you heroes of the highways, we have a hangout at Hershey, Hoo Rah Durant Base Camp to be established. Our Durant Club has at least 2 spaces at Hershey, The spaces are not yet registered as official Durant Club Spaces because there may be some even better...
Views: 390   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 5, 2009 5:42am
by Frank Witkowski
STAR MOTOR
HELLO EVERYONE THERES AN AD IN MY AREA FOR A STAR 4 CYLINDER CONTINENTAL MOTOR ONLY SEEN 1 SIDE LOOKS LIKE WATER PUMP AN GENERATOR ARE THERE NO OTHER INFO,IF ANY ONE IS INTRESTED ILL CHECK IT OUT, NEED DEVAUX CARS & PARTS DAVE
Views: 370   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 4, 2009 4:46pm
by Dave enrico
Radiator repair _ Advice required !!!
I have radiator problems. Must initial state that my grandpa had replaced the original radiator core with a 1928 Chev radiator core and soldered to Star grill holder and steel bottom bar with 2 studs to new core. So there is solder everywhere. Have developed...
Views: 511   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 4, 2009 11:56am
by Norm Toone
Texarkana tour
I am going to be driving from Kamloops to the tour with a one ton pickup. I will have room for hauling parts if anyone has some they want sent to the tour .I am taking the most direct route but will be happy to stop along the way to pick up items as long as they are...
Views: 416   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 3, 2009 12:21am
by Rick Botti
Star 21" Split Rims for Hays Wheels
Just to let everybody know, I'm still working with American Vintage Rims to procure replacement rims for our cars. As you know, the only difference between Ford and Star use is the location of the valve stem hole. You'ns could help me greatly by posting on this th...
Views: 394   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 31, 2009 10:50am
by Don Shilling
Optima Battery
Hi, Anyone out there using an Optima battery? Know anything about the fake plastic battery cases used to hide them in? Thanks, Dave
Views: 449   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 29, 2009 11:38pm
by Vince O'Brien
plans for wood
Looking for plans wood for the body for 1923 star 4 coupe
Views: 347   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 28, 2009 11:50pm
by Ken McCormick
Canadian Durant meet
Fellow Durantonians After attending the Durant meet in Guelph let me tell you this is one of the best. Lots of touring, food and best of all the people !!!! Althogh I had trouble with the Star the very knowlegable help to get it going was second to none. I also...
Views: 515   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 26, 2009 2:39pm
by Ed Vomero
Pre War Auto Notes Magazine
Way to go Rick! I received my August issue of Prewar Auto Notes magazine and in the Calendar of Events section I saw you and your car picture advertising Texarkana. Great publicity for the meet and great picture. Anyone that has not tried a subscription to the magaz...
Views: 337   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 26, 2009 11:14am
by Rick Botti
Dort eagle
Oh well, if I had searched the web first, I would have found the car. It is a 1917 and he wants $3k for it. Ouch? Dan
Views: 327   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 25, 2009 1:13pm
by Dan Marx
Dort Eagle
Ok folks, I found a Dort Eagle in a classic car "yard". The engine tag was brass and from the Lycoming Engine Company made for the Dort Car Company. There was not much metal left of the car , but the drive train and radiator were in tact. The oval shape gas tank wa...
Views: 327   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 25, 2009 1:09pm
by Dan Marx
SU carb
I need an SU carb like the one pictured. Any condition will do as I really need the brass parts. Any spare parts bins out there? kn
Views: 590   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 24, 2009 9:49pm
by Keith N
Durants in the movies
Here is a link to a webpage that lists seven movies that Durants have appeared in with pictures. Enjoy http://imcdb.org/vehicles.php?make=durant&model=
Views: 310   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 23, 2009 11:24pm
by Rick Botti
Water pump impeller
Hello everyone, here is a new addition to the parts inventory. This is a waterpump impeller for newer model Durant. Billet aluminum with stainless thrust bushing. Enjoy Franz
Views: 335   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 23, 2009 9:29pm
by Franz Fraitzl
Carb replacements?
I have been considering replacing the Tillotson V2 carburator on my Durant continental 15U (248) cu.in motor to one that is readily available. I have pored though some literature and am not clear as to the performance of the updrafts that will physically bolt up. Wha...
Views: 324   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 23, 2009 8:05pm
by Rick Botti
Need hood latches
Hi All, in the need of 4 chrome hood latches.Any idea's. Thanks
Views: 572   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 23, 2009 1:34pm
by Norm Toone
Durant Partner
Hay everyone!! The new pardner is out. Gooood job Carol.Great Issue. hope to seeee ya'll in Texarkana.
Views: 420   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 22, 2009 1:03pm
by Norm Toone
k
Keith
Amazing!
Amazing new technology for those hard to find parts. It is called NextEngine 3D and it is featured on Jay Leno's Garage.... Check out this link http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/video_player.shtml?vid=944641
Views: 319   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 22, 2009 10:51am
by Keith
Star engine and split rim tool
See the Star engine on eBay? looked a little high but if someone is interested I could get it from Iowa to the Texarkana meet. Do the old split rim crank tools fit Durant rims? I have one that has no purpose in my shop. Wayne
Views: 327   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 22, 2009 8:10am
by Frank Witkowski
Timing chains and rubber balls.
Can anyone tell me if I can buy new split rims for my 1926 Star Durant Tourer? The rim size is 21" and has 4 lugs welded to each rim. The tyre size on the rim is 4.50-21". Also, I am looking for somewhere that can suppply me with inch rubber balls for my Spicer t...
Views: 469   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 21, 2009 3:27am
by Norm Toone
RUGBY Pick-up truck, Axle-Hubs, for front and rear axle ( 1929 - 2000Lbs)
HI all together, since last week I own a Rugby truck built in 1929.( 2000 LBS) It was delievered to Norway, went the way down to sweden, danmark and now into my hands. It is in very good condition and without problems driveable. My Idea is to find some more...
Views: 262   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 20, 2009 1:22pm
by thorsten
1925 Star
Hi everyone. I am sure that you'all (trying to get the southern way of talking dialed in ) have seen the real nice 25 Star on e-bay. Club member James & Aleeta Miller are bidding on it, with my help. The Millers are very excited. If you haven;t seen it yet, go on e-b...
Views: 498   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 20, 2009 5:20am
by Jim Greenamyer
22A Head
I'm in dire need of a head for the continental 22A. If you have one you could part with, or know someone who has one please contact me. Thanks Shaun Murphy
Views: 334   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 17, 2009 4:41pm
by Keith Nordquist
Champion C-7 spark plug
Going through my Dad's basement I found a few spark plugs. Looks like they are "New" old ones still in boxes. One is a Champion C-7 wrapped in Champion paper in its original box. The box also says C-7 Champion 18 MM 1" HEX. I also have two other identical Champi...
Views: 375   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 17, 2009 12:12am
by A. Nickel
1930 614 roadster???
Has anyone ever heard of a 30 614 roadster? I had an email from a Jason about his inherited car and he sent a picture. Hard to tell if someone just cut the upper parts off or if it is a roadster.Looks like sealed beam lights. maybe someone just cut the top off but...
Views: 529   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 13, 2009 8:20pm
by Rick Botti
Mod 70 Sedan for sale
Because of other opportunities I have decided to sell my Mod. 70. Some of you knbow that I have been edging toward this for several months. It needs a good home and some restoration. It's a 20 footer. 99% complete. It's almost, sort of, one of a kind....
Views: 343   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 13, 2009 10:05am
by Arthur Roberts
Hail to Canadian Members
Baptized the ole Star with its 1st drivethru at Tim Hortons !!!!! The Star was not impressed with the coffee. Could be broke down on side of road with tin can on campfire is its preference !!! If this message is lost on you Gringoes .. don't forget "we" burn...
Views: 343   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 13, 2009 5:21pm
by Guy Belzil
Using spark advance ?????
Good day to all.... I have started driving my Star around town (have regular licence and insurance on it). Am testing and learning. My question is "How is the spark advance used ? " I can relate how a 1970's vacuum advance works (i.e. advances spark as lo...
Views: 425   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 12, 2009 9:40pm
by Vince O'Brien
49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

The Durant Motors Automobile Club