Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Timing chains and rubber balls.

Can anyone tell me if I can buy new split rims for my 1926 Star Durant Tourer?
The rim size is 21" and has 4 lugs welded to each rim. The tyre size on the rim is 4.50-21".

Also, I am looking for somewhere that can suppply me with inch rubber balls for my Spicer transmission coupling.

Any leads would be great either in the US or Australia.

Thanks,
Rick

Where Are You From? Western Australia

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star Tourer

Re: Timing chains and rubber balls.

i hear frank witkowski has tiny balls......the ones like w.c.durant used to like to play with...give him a call or email....also "coker tires" i think has some new old rims they make...or one of the big well known U.S. tire people ...i saw it in their catalogue

Where Are You From? penna., usa

Gary
Not nice to tell everyone about Frank.
And I am curious--How do you know all this ???

Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant model 614 deluxe rumble seat coupe

hi ken, i know because Frank.....are you ready?....
took me out to the ball game, once.....hahahahah..
it was also a very "short" game...lol.....

Hi Rick.....

I have the rubber balls for the Spicer joint. A set of 16 is $32.50 plus postage.

The rims you are looking for are similar to late Model T Ford, except the valve stem hole is in the wrong location. Don Shilling was checking with a manufacture of T rims to see if they would make a run of these rims for our cars.

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 15 Durant & Star cars and a Durant-Dort buggy (one horse power)

Ken ... you did notice Frank and Gary both live in Penn and fairly near one another. Perhaps that's how Gary knows about the short end of it all.

Hi guys, ya back for a bit while Di has her third surgery. She's not having a fun time of it waiting two months for the op, in pain. Di's luckier than another lady at the trailor park from London Ont who has to wait until Oct for her op.

That reminds me, uncle Gary, what happened to that page of 30 - 32 D tools you had in Franks book ?? Having fun trying to recall where I'm at since April, other than now getting old age pension and three calls to OAS folks asking where my OAS card is from May.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

now that u reminded me i will get right on it...i thought i sent it already but will do it again or at last...which ever it is....hope di has a swift recovery....regards, gary k

Thanks favourite unc. Still looking for a fender lense but got a partial fender light recently from near Trenton Ont. No lense, lense springs or door retainer, or spear foot. Someone had the same problem as every light I see where the pot doesn't remain fixed to the light socket. I'll be darned if I know how the fender light was orig made. No rivits, weld, bolts etc to hold the pot to the light stub. Both my orig pots someone has tried to weld or fill inside with lead which hasn't worked. This light is rough welded on the outside but good. Very poorly made lights. Common to find fenders with light stubs only, no pot.
Fellow said he would send it in a wooden box with cardboard over that. Well he was right. Duct tape over cardboard that litterly used wallboard screws (to hold the cadboard) into the little box. Home made little box with many nails and finally in newspaper I found the light. Took me a very long time to finally break into the box. Downside is he didn't take into consideration the wallboard screws on the middle ends go through the plywood and attack the light inside. Nice scratch across the door and down the pot. (luckily not through the pot) Box wasn't much bigger than the light. Gord will know the fellow (Ron) I got it from. That was my only find this year for Dot.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club