Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Does anybody know how much does a Rugby model M weight?

Dear friends,

I am facing some problems to get the license of my 1927 Rugby model M. The Traffic Dept is asking me everything that we deem as silly infos to give me the license.
My car as many of you is a touring model M, year 1927.
Does anybody know how much does a Rugby model M weight?
I tried to find this info in the manual de instrucciones (in spanish) but I didn't see listed the touring model...
Would any of you be kind enough to give me this information asap?
Thank you so much in advance,

Dib Franciss
(Brazil)

Where Are You From? Brazil

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, a 1927 Rugby 4, Model M

Re: Does anybody know how much does a Rugby model M weight?

hello
according to my lists of serial numbers, a 1927 star
touring model m weighs 1905 pounds....your rugby is the export name for star cars as you know.....hope that helps....my reference book is the
"branham's automobile reference book"
printed in 1934....info was copied at the Philadelphia Library"s "Mckean Automobile Collection"
However, if your rugby is a 1/2 ton truck chasis, not a touring car, the 4 cylinder 1/2 ton chasis was shipped at a weight of 1500 pounds....i will try to email you a copy of the book page to your email ...but it is poor quality..

hope this is what you need...regards, gary k

Where Are You From? pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 model 70 coupe and 1931 6-14 ..4 door "coach"

Dear Gary,

Thank you so much for your help and thank you for the precious pages you sent me. Unfortunately I couldn't read them because of the scan quality chosen. Anyway I am very grateful and appreciated very much your gesture.
I have just sent you a response to your email about the pages.
Big hug from Brazil,
Dib Franciss

Where Are You From? BRAZIL

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, a 1927 Rugby, Model M

Gary dear,

I just received your envelope, full of precious informations.
I don't have words to express my gratitude.
It's becoming rarer and rarer nowadays people who stop to help someone along the way. Thank you one million times!!
I will read it carefully to absorb the infos.
The book from where the copies have been taken seems to be an extraordinary book. I will try to find it on Ebay or anywhere else. It should be a dream to have it.
Please, tell me if there's anything I could do to help you someday.

A big hug from sunny Brazil !

Dib Franciss

Where Are You From? BRAZIL

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, a 1927 Rugby, model M

The Durant Motors Automobile Club