AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
07 suburban
Have photos o7 Suburban missed thane contact me will e-mail
Views: 421   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 29, 2007 3:22pm
by AMERICAN
'70 NOVA 2 DOOR
Anyone have NAGS numbers for the quarterglasses? Quest software and vendor on-line look-ups do not list them. Thanks.
Views: 584   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 29, 2007 3:21pm
by GLASSSGOD
Hey Hal
Thanks, Hal for listening to what we said about high modulas urethane. I just got your (SGC) new pricing. Thanks for not chopping at us again!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Views: 672   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 29, 2007 10:30am
by ahag
Toyota Rain Sens Issue??
anyone had a prob with a 2354 with the rain sens? i got an apt oem windown!??!?!
Views: 531   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 27, 2007 9:47pm
by BTO
SGC Flat Rates - Mobile Chip Repairs
I'm talking mobile repairs here, not replacement. I've been in business as a repair only mobile service for 13 years. My flat rate restrictions range from $55 (AAA) to $65 (Liberty Mutual). Also Erie, Nationwide, Western United, Unitrin, USAA and others. Even wor...
Views: 665   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 27, 2007 6:37pm
by SB
f
FredO
Terror-Free oil
Stumbled on this today. http://www.terrorfreeoil.org/
Views: 585   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 27, 2007 2:27pm
by AGN
c
CT
Triumph and give it away Kenny
Hey Kenny, Everyone here in the Northeast is slow so why are your shops giving it away? There is no volume out there to recoup your ridicules prices! It just makes everyone else lower there prices and then we all lose more $$. Wake Up, we have hit bottom!
Views: 5482   Replies: 72
Last Post: Jan 26, 2007 11:47pm
by jim
f
FredO
I hate crappy service
This is interesting http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/64492-i-hate-crappy-service-dont-use/
Views: 512   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 26, 2007 10:38pm
by Just A Tech
a
ag
2005 taurus 4d/sd.
dw1460/1528 are these intchg. what's the difference. thank's
Views: 495   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 26, 2007 6:05pm
by bqa
a
ag
'00 silverado aft/slider
DY90095PK5CRL/slider. anyone try useing crl/slider.how is the fit on this. thank's
Views: 538   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 26, 2007 3:15pm
by Glass Guy
a
AGN
Saturn back glass
Got a Saturn SL2 back glass to put in this week. Just wondering if the side moldings came off the same way the windshield moldings do with screws underneath. Anyone remember? I'm sure I can figure it out no prob just wondering.
Views: 605   Replies: 24
Last Post: Jan 26, 2007 9:34am
by d-boy
Real Quick
Just wanted to say that if I removed something you posted from a thread it may not have been because there was anything wrong with the post. It was probably because it referenced a post that was removed and I felt that the context of your post would have been confus...
Views: 860   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 26, 2007 7:46am
by AGN
taxes
I was getting ready to do my taxes today and if Satan himself lynx didn't give me a 1099er. I might have made money....
Views: 463   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 26, 2007 7:44am
by AGN
b
BTO
POP UPS!!
hey webmaster what the frig is with all the pop under ads when i come here???
Views: 360   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 26, 2007 7:43am
by AGN
Safelite contract
Safelite must of really lowballed the contract this time.Im sure it was a **** match between the two(belron).I heard it was good for 5 years.This sucks,when are they going to quite.They cant do this forever?
Views: 1124   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 25, 2007 3:09pm
by Go Louise
c
ccc
A must read!!!
Everyone should read this article from today's GlassBytes: http://www.abrn.com/abrn/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=399560 We are not alone in these challenges facing our industry!
Views: 613   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 25, 2007 2:50pm
by Go Louise
l
L.W.
I don't know who is responsible
I replaced a DW1510 in a 2003 Grand Cherokee today. It had been replace at a body shop in Dallas with a Pilkington windshield. The customer thought the name of the body shop was Like New. All I can say to whoever replaced this windshield is....GOOD JOB. It's nice...
Views: 571   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 25, 2007 2:21pm
by Magician
m
Mary
Vin Decoding prior to 81
Does anyone have info about decoding VIN #'s prior to 81? We have a 13 digit VIN. Customer says it's a 73 Dodge but we want to be sure. Here is the VIN...if anyone can help out, we thank you. LL29G3B343209
Views: 687   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 25, 2007 12:51pm
by Kevin
c
ccc
Networks "unable to verify"
Is anyone else having fun this week? We have had continuing "cannot verify" problems with several ins. co. Ironically all of these claims are processed by SGC network. We have started a new list to track these and confirm our speculations as to when they are ha...
Views: 2232   Replies: 53
Last Post: Jan 24, 2007 11:07pm
by THT
Lynx Services Participant Program
Can anyone provide some pros and cons to joining this? I realize this may be a dumb question, and I probably already knew the answer at one time because we never signed up, but have since forgotten it. I get tired of the BS they feed my customers when we have...
Views: 1100   Replies: 23
Last Post: Jan 24, 2007 5:03pm
by XXX
You mean "Safelite & Belron" ?!?!
I heard that Safelite and Belron might be reuniting. Anyone else hear the same? The last thing we need is for Safelite to become an even bigger power house.
Views: 2571   Replies: 25
Last Post: Jan 24, 2007 1:38pm
by GlassWoman
m
Mark1
Hey, Lee, 1950 Chev Styleline 4D
Body Style 1069 WS R&L and Back Lee, Please cross check me (& NAGS) on WS R&L being a DW109 and DW110, and also need # for Back too, if you have a minute? My books don't go back far enough, and for a change, thankfully, my memory doesn't either! Can honestly s...
Views: 402   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 24, 2007 8:39am
by Mark1
AAA Stops Paying FOr CHip Repairs?
Anyone else got the fax saying AAA is going to stop paying for chip repairs? good riddins $35 is not enuff to do a mobile
Views: 659   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 23, 2007 6:37pm
by Secret Agent BTO
$100.00 profit part duex
Well; i just returned from the place that the guy with the p-up works.Had a look at it. New w/s,rust not repaired,used d/g (scuffed up)and the b/g is a used one.Problem now is that the b/g's defroster tabs were cut off during the removal process.So defroster does no...
Views: 553   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 23, 2007 8:16am
by Vt.glass shop
m
mo
Billing insurance-Help (first insurance job)
We are a new company and I'm helping my husband out with his first insurance job. We got a fax from LYNX job from all state. We have glassmate sofeware so many windshield to choose but the person want OEM which we need to get AUth. I notice that it has kits to be...
Views: 651   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 22, 2007 12:51am
by bob
a
AGN
Speaking of a Jeep Cherokee...
I got a customer who is looking for new side trim for a 2000 Jeep Cherokee. You know...the side pieces that screw on. Just wondered if any of you knew a good place to get these at a good price. They don't necessarily have to be new...he just wants something bette...
Views: 581   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 22, 2007 12:13am
by ahag
s
SB
New England are you busy?
Is anyone else having an off year in New England or is it just me?
Views: 532   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 21, 2007 6:01pm
by AGN
a
acg
the inductor
http://www.theinductor.com/index.php?m=28 Just wondering , has anyone here used this inductor? If you have what did you think?
Views: 1099   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jan 20, 2007 7:09pm
by Secret Agent BTO
Bellron & Safelite....
Ok this is is not on the main page, but i want to address the fact that belron is looking to buy safelite, I want to know IF this is TRUE and IF it gets approved, will i come here 2 years from now and everyone will be ******** and moaning about how belron is the de...
Views: 1185   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 20, 2007 3:18pm
by Secret Agent BTO
c
ccc
Safelite's way out?
Jim's recent thread got me thinking, scary I know!! What if Belron is simply buying ONLY the retail side of SGC. SGC knows we all squak about their conflict of interest(not that they care what we think) and laws are being drafted to not allow them to manufacture...
Views: 1072   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 20, 2007 2:05pm
by L.W.
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I've had 3 jeeps at the dealership I do work at that come in with leaks from the A-pillars and the roof console. I can't find where the water is coming in at. They do have sunroofs but don't seem to be the cause. Anyone seen the same problem and have the cure?...
Views: 608   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 20, 2007 10:02am
by d-boy
j
jim
networks
I'm not sure of the reasons for the continuing posts complaining about "networks" and one network in particular on this and other forums because the answer is quite simple and if solved the discussion would consequently become irrelevant and at the least moot. I d...
Views: 581   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 19, 2007 10:47pm
by jim
m
mario
NAGS PRICING
Can anyone explain to me why NAGS are issuing different list prices and labor times for the same piece of glass to glass shops and bodyshops?????
Views: 584   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 19, 2007 5:38pm
by Secret Agent BTO
s
SB
Our Progessive Co-Pay is working check it out!
As you know Progressive raised there discounts a few month back. Instead of cutting them off we decide to experiment with a co-pay. In June, July and August we averaged 15 jobs a month with Progressive. We started collecting copay in September. Our average jobs h...
Views: 876   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jan 18, 2007 10:42pm
by SB
Is NGA National or International?
With the latest news of Belron gobbling up yet another American company, is NGA really the "National" Glass Association and truly representing the "National" glass companies or is it really "International" thus sanctioning taking American dollars off-shore? The fo...
Views: 506   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 18, 2007 4:25pm
by Jim Pruce
x
XXX
WOODPECKERS GONE WILD!
I kid you not. We have had a couple customers lately with badly broken outside mirrors. 1 guy, I just replced his mirror, calls back the other day and says," you won't believe this, but the mirror you just put on is broke all to HECK". It's been really cold here in M...
Views: 595   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 17, 2007 10:10pm
by Secret Agent BTO
ALLSTATE
alright , before anyone can beat me to it, allstate just raised there min off to 24% in a & b , let the whining begin...
Views: 343   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 17, 2007 9:45pm
by Secret Agent BTO
Flat Fee Payment for Repairs
Today's glassBYTES.com newsletter contains a story regarding an insurance company's recent announcement instituting a flat fee for windshield repairs, regardless of the number of repairs made on a windshield. What are your thoughts on the change to this pricing struc...
Views: 3031   Replies: 29
Last Post: Jan 17, 2007 1:26pm
by CINT
It's Starting Already!
Just received my first SGC fax for the year. Hartford Ins is now at 37% off with $110. flat labor. Yeah, right. We are going to jump right on that aren't we?
Views: 1211   Replies: 23
Last Post: Jan 17, 2007 11:37am
by XXX
o
OMG
$100.00 profit windshield
A question for you $100.00 profit guys. How do you get to the point that 100.00 is what your work is worth, in the year 2007 that is not much profit and a hundred dollar bill buys very little today and it is really only $75.00 or less after you pay your taxes....
Views: 2218   Replies: 79
Last Post: Jan 16, 2007 7:16pm
by AGN
FW2501 Wind noise(s)
What is with these 2501's why the heck do all of them have wind noises (and yes they have also b4 the install)
Views: 586   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 16, 2007 3:25pm
by Glass Guy
j
jim
Belron vs Safelite
Interesting new development that being the possible and seemingly imminent acquisition of Safelite by Belron. Particularly when Belron has never been in the practice of sub contracting any profitable business throughout their acquisitive corporate history. See...
Views: 809   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 16, 2007 12:18pm
by AGN
The answer to your problems: just go buy SGC
SGC seems to be the big common problem. The company is bank owned, banks do not want to be in the glass business, so why not go buy SGC from the banks and stop the pricing insanity. SGC keeps lowering the price to the Ins. co's in the hopes to get the compliance ra...
Views: 1082   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 15, 2007 10:44pm
by J Armstead
m
Mark1
Something to think about.....
State Farm is suing the manufacturer of a product for causing damage which they insured. Now, why should this catch our attention? http://www.wvrecord.com/news/newsview.asp?c=188982
Views: 644   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 15, 2007 6:46pm
by ccc
f
FredO
Posting and YOU
Some simple rules for posting we should review> http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php
Views: 412   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 15, 2007 2:04pm
by FredO
Sorry
Didn't mean to remove the post with the link to the service bulletin site.
Views: 689   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 15, 2007 1:00pm
by Glass Guy
n
Noah
96 Plymouth Neon door glass
I posted this on the tech fourm but kinda need a quick reply... Driver door glass, PPG brand, adjusted "everything an then some", fits in front, out 1.5 to 2 ins. at the back. Glass looks ok. Nothing left to adjust. Anyone have a guess? Dosen't look like a bad bend e...
Views: 602   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 15, 2007 12:06pm
by AGN
The best link you will ever Click on glass people
http://www.bedlib.org/ebsco.html You will not be disappointed. Just bought a 4yr degree on line so my spelling should be improving :)
Views: 478   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 15, 2007 12:04pm
by AGN
c
ccc
WEBMASTER weird posts in tech forum?
Wanted to know if you noticed the weird posts in the windshield section of the tech forum? On is a link to a medical site, and one is a "funny joke". Hackers?
Views: 637   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 15, 2007 12:01pm
by Secret Agent BTO
If you went to college and your a glass installer, you might be a redneck
Hello, Anyone that went to a 4 Year school and is now a glass installer might want to think about getting a job in what you majored in, anyone can goto college, I know a guy that majored in the arts, oh woopty he can get high and smear paint on a wall, he is a br...
Views: 591   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 14, 2007 10:59pm
by AGN

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com