AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
AAA Stops Paying FOr CHip Repairs?

Anyone else got the fax saying AAA is going to stop paying for chip repairs? good riddins $35 is not enuff to do a mobile

Re: AAA Stops Paying FOr CHip Repairs?

Ditto here.
Watch for more insurance companies to follow!!!!!

Are they technically not paying for repairs, or using the Farm language of "not waiving the deductible"?

Like I posted earlier this year, Ins Coo's will get almost all ded's up to and over 500 and will not have to cover most w/s repairs AND replacements; I'll give it 10 years on the outside. Or they will just group glass in with brake pads and oil filters and call it a normal wear and tear item. As to whether this is good or bad for the AGR industry is hard to tell, but I can guarantee that steering will be a complete non-issue because TPAs will cease to exist.

Thats an interesting idea D-Boy.

I'd kind of like to see it come to pass. I thimk over all it would be good dfor the industry.

You'd still have people out there whorin' it like SGC and such, but they would have less of an effect I believe.

By that time AGN me & you will have taken over the world right LOL!

I want all insurance companies to stop paying for repairs, then I can get my foot in the door with my price, then if i do a superior repair and then they have a future broken glass they will use me..

I have not heard anything about AAA not waiving the deductable to pay for chip repairs, but I'm sure it's comming. State Farm was the first to start paying over 25 years ago and is the first to quit now. All other companies followed then and will do the same today. Between that, high deductables and huge discounts, I would say that within the next 2 to 5 years we will not be dealing with ins co.s or TPA's.
It will all be cash market.

Re: Re: AAA Stops Paying FOr CHip Repairs?

I posted something like this earlier in the year and got raked over the coals for it. I just don't see why sglass and Mark1 find it so implausible(with all due respect)

it could just Be AAA Missouri I think they are all independently operated.. (the states)

Yes!!!

Taking over the world sounds like fun!!!

Who's in???

Hey guys,
Does anyone have a copy of a statement or announcement from AAA that the company will stop paying for chip repairs - and more importantly, does anyone have a copy they can fax to us here at AGRR? :)
Thanks guys!
Brigid O'Leary

done <:)

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com