AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
96 Plymouth Neon door glass

I posted this on the tech fourm but kinda need a quick reply... Driver door glass, PPG brand, adjusted "everything an then some", fits in front, out 1.5 to 2 ins. at the back. Glass looks ok. Nothing left to adjust. Anyone have a guess? Dosen't look like a bad bend either.

Re: 96 Plymouth Neon door glass

Did you get a 2 door part instead of the 4 door part? Sometimes the 2 door coupe parts are longer on the back end.

Will have to check the part# for these 4 you.

Looks like the 2 door part has 9 in. difference

2 door NAGS DD08785
23.3 x 42.4

4 door NAGS DD08574
22.8 x 33.2

Did you check the part you received? We sometimes get the wrong part shipped in the carboard sleeve with the proper part# sticker from PPG. Usually this is from another glass shop returning the part in the wrong sleeve and PPG never verifying if it is in fact that part. Might call them and see if they have another to compare it to?

Everything looks right with the doo glass, size, shape, holes, length.... have even taken it back out, held it up to the other door glass(looked down the length)to see if it looked like it was out of wack. It all looks ok. Going to order another glass and lay it on top of it to see if there is a difference. Just has me puzzled. Thanks for the reply.

The PPG brand glass for this IS JUNK, i have been complaing about this for 5 years, sounds like either they never fixed it or you got an old part!

Its a common problem in neons that are ppg sidelites..

Noah take the panel of the door lose all bolts get inside the car and close the door behind you then look make sure the window sits in the write position then tit the bolts open the door get out the car and if needed to rearrange little bit just unbolt one ore two bolts.

We have seen regular problems with these. We believe it is caused by the customer constantly pushing on the glass when closing the door. Eventually twists everything and makes a mess. The Neon was not built using very high standards of quality.
Your problem definately sounds to be much more than this but something to keep in mind.

Switch to an lof or even an XYG, that PPG is mis made i am telling you.

Thanks for the info guys and gals. I used a LOF glass and it did help alot but it still didn't fit like i wanted it to. Type A personality I guess! Called the customer, told what the problem was. He then said "Oh, didnt I tell you...it always stuck out a little in the back." DUH!!! Still when he came in to pick it up he said that it didn't stick out that much before. Go figure! RIGHT! Anyway.... thanks again to everyone.

Thats one of them where i would eat $15 more for a mopar just not to hear the whining, why is it the "throw away" cars always have such stupid designs.

I don't like anything Dodge/Chrysler. Some of the dumbest designs I've encountered have come from them.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com