AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Speaking of a Jeep Cherokee...

I got a customer who is looking for new side trim for a 2000 Jeep Cherokee. You know...the side pieces that screw on.

Just wondered if any of you knew a good place to get these at a good price. They don't necessarily have to be new...he just wants something better then the ones SGC hacked up on the last install.

Re: Speaking of a Jeep Cherokee...

BTW

I meant 2000 GRAND Cherokee

How did someone Hack a screw on molding? Whats wong with a Jeep dealer to find a replacement part? If they are expensive, which I doubt, Call a salvage yard.

I hadn't called the jeep dealer yet. That will be my first call in the AM when they open.

I just thought someone here might know something interesting.

And I hear ya on hacking a screw on molding...they bent them in one place on each side of the car and had the passenger side molding stuffed under the top edge of the windshield.

Apparently they were in a real hurry and just not paying attention to what they were doing. I don't know if it was SGC for certain, but it was an SGC glass.

ppg used to sell a wkt that had side moldings also..

Speaking of a Grand Cherokee - we had a call from a network wanting us to mobile a DW1510 in 32 degree weather while its raining (we refused the mobile) we told them to bring it in, they where only 3 blocks from the shop (i even offered to pick it up my self and bring it back to the shop). The network told me that I would be breaking our agreement if I refused to to the job (regardless of weather)funny thing is I don't even have an agreement with SGC .

I spoke to the customer explained all the b.s about the weather conditions and the customer said "we called two other shops and they are willing to do it".

These guys told them not to worry about it because the side mouldings will hold the glass in place.
They also said they would waive the $250 deductible I said I can not and will not waive anything .The CSR told me they would find someone else to do the job today.

I wish the Insurance Agents along with the TPA's would for once worry about safety and quality instead of $$$$ .

How could it be raining if it was 32 degrees? Wouldn't it then be snowing? Maybe you are just a little on the wimpy side and don't want to get your toes cold.

I bet it wasn't raining at all. You are probably one of those people who look around and think that if it MIGHT rain then you can have an excuse not to do any work.

So, one of those other guys made money on that job, and you sat around watching rain or snow or maybe just plain old air blow around.

I am betting it was put in just as safely as it would have been done at your shop too. But, if you admitted that then you wouldn't have anything to complain about when it got a little uncomfortable outside.

Tech: " How could it be raining if it was 32 degrees?"

You're absolutely right about this...all those ice storms that just happened were just figments of people's imagination.

Pretty impressive imagination too, I might add.

Greatest: I'm sure you already know all this but, since I am a more knowledgeable tech than you and an FAA licensed pilot, here's your weather lesson. Generally speaking, the temperature lapse rate is about 2degrees per 1000ft. That means that 10,000 feet above the ground the temp would be about 20 degrees cooler than at ground level. Air is sometimes stacked in layers with some layers at warmer temps than the layers above and below it. If ground temp is 32 then any precip that falls, at some point is snow. When it hits the warmer layer it melts. When it hits the next layer that is 32 or below it turns into freezing rain and not necessarily snow. Maybe ahag was truly concerned for the safety of the customer. Would you be willing to bet your customer's life on the install in that weather condition?

Tech - First of all it was raining and it was 33 degrees (My mistake) . I have no problems doing mobile installs 68% of our jobs are mobile in our Texas locations and over 80% mobile in our OKC location feel if you follow a few extra procedures you can do just as good out doors as you can in doors.

The point was that the TPA said I would break my O&A contract if I turned downed the job due to the weather condition's thought that was B.S. since they want us to follow AGRSS (you probably don't even know what AGRSS is.)

By the way you dumb a** I have no problems working in cold weather ( neither do my Techs). We will do door glasses all day long in rain sleet or snow but I WILL NOT DO A WINDSHIELD REPAIR or REPLACEMENT in bad weather (unlike some people).

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com