AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

I've had 3 jeeps at the dealership I do work at that come in with leaks from the A-pillars and the roof console. I can't find where the water is coming in at.
They do have sunroofs but don't seem to be the cause.

Anyone seen the same problem and have the cure?

This has got me stumped.

Re: 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

check body seam for pin-hole.....blow air on and in thru it.

Taking the sun visors off is usually the easiest access point to blow air from the inside out to find those tiny bubbles.

That may have been the best post ever....Aloha.

Have you tried blowing out the weep holes in the sunroof. They tend to get clogged up.

Drain holes are clean and hoses still attached. I went there today and sealed the seal retainers and the seam between the roof and the a-pillars. After the dealership washed the jeep, the customer was stopping at a light and water came in thru the upper console again. The only other thing left to check is the luggage rack, because the dealer ran a hose over the sunroof and down the shield for an hour and nothing was leaking. I wish I had a leak detector, that would probably help.

Does the vehicle have roof racks and skid rails, on the roof? Some times they mis a rivet or bolt and leave the hole.
Pull the headliner and water test the roof. Try to isolate zones to control segments you test to follow the water trail. Start from the frony of the roof and move slowly to the rear until water appears.
Create a shower head attached to hose, post and movable stand.
jmho

I hope the dealer is paying for your efforts.

The service manager there is a d**khead and ******* if it's not fixed the first time. I do glass and fix glass related problems. I'm not a friggin leak detector.Somehow they think I know magic. I must do such a good job for them they think i'm god or their techs don't want to mess with this crap.

Its people like that service manager and cheapskate used car managers that I quit doing most dealership work. I let another shop take over two of my accounts when they quoted them $145 for ANY pickup w/s! There is NO way i'm going to kill myself dong 15 jobs a week for these guys AND probably take a net loss.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com