AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
It's Starting Already!

Just received my first SGC fax for the year. Hartford Ins is now at 37% off with $110. flat labor. Yeah, right. We are going to jump right on that aren't we?

Re: It's Starting Already!

We must have posted this the same time.

Remember everyone that this is SGC's price. You might be amazed what they are getting paid for the job.

We have to stop this!

Get organized, get involved in our industry, and get involved legally. We cannot allow a few people to take control of our industry and our businesses.

We all had fit's when Progressive did this, but, HARTFORD!!! ??????

Nationwide (and subsidiaries) at 20% off, $42.00 per hour labor.

Perhaps because we expect it from Progressive, but not Hartford (one of the better insurance companies to deal with for us).

It is not only frustrating but sad that these insurance companies are all having pricing wars and they are cutting services across the board to fund their price wars, all so they can quote a "you can save $600 a year" by switching to us price.

So we all fight D/T and SGC in our industry just as the insurance companies fight their own "low ballers" Progressive and Geico.

Maybe it is time for insurance to just go away all together and we can just "get our money" out of anyone that causes us injury the old fashioned way(one way or another if you know what I mean?)

Hartford's income for it's prop and cas lines (excluding their machinery and boiler ins co) for 2005 was just under $1.5B.

Progressive's income through their various companies was just under $1.2B for 2005.

This is net INCOME, not sales or revenue.

It will be some time before we get to see the 2006 reported figures.

This is just getting really sad.

Time to let OUR customers file their own insurance claims, inconvient for who, this would stop the whole mess. With Hartford's pricing a dw1341 goes for 258.00 or close to that. $250.00 deductible why file a claim. I install glass, I am not a bill collector.. Most companies will pay their insured for their lose.Why should I keep bending over???????????

ralphie
to answer your question.
its easier for them if you bend over.

what network represents nationwide and hartford?

i met a nationwide agent the other day said he would send me some work.

just wanted to know who i might be dealing with

AGNk, SGC, of course.

Of course. It seems they have quite a few of the "decent" insurance companies. I've had Geico and Travelers insurance for years and years...I was suprisies that both are represented by SGC.

new discounts for our area-
Hartford 46% off- 110 flat
Nationwide 38% off- 42 per
Absolutely ridiculous

Hi kids! just back from vacation & WHAM! hit with the revised pricing faxes. And $50.00 for a mobile repair? Uh.. NO...... We're already refusing Progressive work. I guess we'll have to do the same for Hartford - don't get much Nationwide work - I love hearing the shock in Safelite's csr's voices when we take a pass on a job...

Say, when Safelite does a Safelite Network job, do they use the same discounts; or is it no longer a Network job?

Liam Mc Teague, the man from The Hartford will fold if you say NO. This guy is real unethical and loves abusing the independents. We opted out of Progressive and now we will opt out of The Hartford.

Just say NO

A new one in, Farmers at 20% off. $43.50 per hour labor. $50.00 for first repair, $10.00 for extra.

Funny that the ONLY revised prices we are getting are SGC ins. co. customers.

Just got FARMERS
-21% off NAGS
43.50 p/hour
$50.00 repair +$10.00 each add'l (maximum of 3) for all you SGC csr's that keep telling our customers we can do 8 repairs for the price of the 3 you will pay for.

Travelers is actually handled by lynx not sgc.

this is very interesting reading all of this. im new to this website/forum however im on the other end, i work on the ins. claims side.

Well OHIO,
Welcome to the forum! It's nice to have someone from the insurance end viewing. Your opinion on this?

For Travelers try Eglassmate.com

I have Travler's insurance claim on my desk. It is NOT from LYNX, it is from Traveler's Glass Unit. So maybe depending what state you're in determines if it's LYNX or whatever.

Here's what we have:

Travelers Ins Co.
ATTN:Travelers Glass Unit
P.O.Box 4982
Orlando,LA. 32802
Phone: 866-878-4527
fax: 866-680-3955

I think last one we direct billed and sent fax straight to them!

The 3 or 4 replacements we billed to Traveler's (faxed) we received payment within 2 weeks. And they didn't take an invoice fee or deduct for the honor of receiving a paper check.

yep paid quick,,,, and who says we don't share direct bill info??? yea whatever

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com