AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Saturn back glass

Got a Saturn SL2 back glass to put in this week. Just wondering if the side moldings came off the same way the windshield moldings do with screws underneath. Anyone remember? I'm sure I can figure it out no prob just wondering.

Re: Saturn back glass

Is this the one where the molding runs from the bottom corner of the w/s all the way back to the bottomn of the B/G? The screws are underneath the Q/G moldings, which are bonded to the Q/G. Make sure the Q/G moldings are warm enough to be soft so you can pry them up to get to the screws. If this isn't the vehicle then just ignore my wild rambling.

I believe you are referring to the 2 door coupe model of the same car. This is a 4 door sedan. I'm almost 100% certain its just like the windshield with the screws underneath. After you loosen the screws you just pop the molding forward and out. Thats how it looks I just haven't done one yet and was just wondering if there was anything hidden to look out for.

what year is it you goof? The other poster is right, it has tabs that look like the front w/s or similar to a 1217... there a booger to do by yourself. and they cost a FORTUNE!!

'99 model

These aren't the ones that wrap half way around the **** car.

The windshield is DW1273.

Yeah the one your thinking of BTO is the dw1123 and the associated backglass. Wraps half way around the **** car and is all encapsulated. Pain in the ***.

back glass is bonded all around. i have 3/used of them in stock, can't remember how it was install,carful pricey glass.

99 sl 2 is not the dw1123 saturn the backglass moldings are on with torx screws the glass has a top and bottom molding the comes with the glass these are pretty staight forward b/glass the glass can will cut out easy the corners you may need either the express or the eq either one will get what ever a cold knife will not

Right you are Rick. The windshield for these is the DW1273. The 1123 and backglass fit the previous models.

AGN- I told you just to ignore me if I was wrong--now I am sad

Why are you sad?

Who can keep Saturns straight? I can't count how many times I've gone out with the wrong window on a Saturn. They suck.

Now me HAPPY!!!

I used to hate it when a customer would call and ask for a price on his/her Saturn.
"Year/Make and Model please sir?"
"I know it's a 95, but i don't see any other markings on the car????"

That's okay sir, is it a 2 door or a 4 door? Does your windshield have a sharp point on the outside edges at the top? LOL!!

I hear that. Trying to figure out which model it is is so hard. Half the time you show up with the wrong window.

If you had a phone ... well agn you know the rest :0

It got to the point that we required the customer to let us see the vehicle before we would order glass for any Saturn car.

had one customer call me for a right door glass.when he came to the shop,it was the left door glass. good thing it wasn't a mobile job.

That's why i always ask;drivwes side or passengers side.

Yeah,No kidding VT. you would think most of us would realize that........

But then, you still have to specify, front or rear. Had one lady come in who told me, passenger side. When she got there it was passenger side allright, but in the rear. She said, I am the only one that sits in front so the passenger side is back there!! LOL!! Go figure!

I was talking ot a lady on the phone one day and when i asked her if her car was two door or four door she had to set the phone down and go out and look.

some customer have no idea what kind of car they have.
2d/4d.front/rear glass ect..
it's like talking to a 5-years old kid...

Just think what its like working at Auto Zone or Kragens Auto Parts? Glass can be confusing just think what its like for some of these people to figure out what size engine they have!!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com