AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Safelite contract

Safelite must of really lowballed the contract this time.Im sure it was a **** match between the two(belron).I heard it was good for 5 years.This sucks,when are they going to quite.They cant do this forever?

Re: Safelite contract

Did triumph even try again?Wisc guys, lets here something from you!

Great news,yea right!

I saw no bid notification. Although, we wouldn't have bid on it anyway. Nobody can accuse the government boys in Madison of having any smarts anyway.

Very true.

Blake
You are correct. It sucks. Here in the UK we can't compete any longer in the windscreen business with people like Belron giving it away. Likely the same with your Safelite. Next thing they get together and "Bye Bye" for us all.

Seems like things are reversed here in Australia.
Bigger companies like Obrien Glass (Belron) have to continually drop their prices to compete with the independants and smaller operators, who charge well below what the going rate should be and sacrifice quality to do so.

Why would 2 big companies merge to sell cheaper? Could someone explain this ...Does anyone understand you must make money to survive.

To OMG
2 big companies may merge to drive everybody out of business and then raise prices.

Raise prices in this industry????????

Is anyone in this UNITED STATES ever going to UNITE?! One way to stop this is to stop supporting them by signing thier contracts. With out your signature they have no strenght to dictate to the industry what your worth is! Let them sell cheap prices to thier cash base eventuelly they have to cut somewhere to make up the difference. I would'nt worry about how weak they build thier bridges I would just worry about how much more your going to have once they fall.

ps: They are near the time when they can declare chapter 7-11 AGAIN. I know that I'm not on thier contracts & they can't use my company or name as part of thier dependents!

sshhhh.....N E O N............sssshhhh

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com