Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
1925 star real cheap
i have a 1925 star (parts car) for sell i am asking a really cheap price email me for details
Views: 399   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 29, 2006 2:02pm
by mark russell
wheel rims
Hi Wire wheels are a very hard to find item for durants. An enthusiast in Queensland Australia is reproducing rims for wire or wood wheels. I have seen a 19inch wire wheel lock ring type to fit a Dodge which looks same as 614 Durant. If you have hubs, they can be r...
Views: 353   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 27, 2006 5:12pm
by roster
ebayer dependable?
Has anyone done business with an ebay seller "relicsparts" with success? He has a part I need at a good price but he also has some negetive feedbacks in the last 6 months. Mostly long shipping times. What good is a good price if you can't get it? Jim
Views: 359   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 26, 2006 2:17pm
by Jim Glover
Latest Addition
The latest addition to the Durant Photograph page is a 1929 Deluxe Model 60 Roadster owned by Ken Durant of Portland, Oregon. Rick
Views: 301   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 25, 2006 6:05pm
by Rick Botti
g
gary k
fender search
Fellow members, It looks like I will have to find two front fenders for my 1929 6-66 durant coupe. The ones on it do not fit properly. They must be from a different 1929 model as they resemble those on my model 63 sedan. If anyone has something, let me know please....
Views: 326   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 25, 2006 4:23pm
by gary k
m
Mike
Durants on Ebay Motors
Hey Durantonians, for the first time that I know, there is 3 1/2 Durant/Star cars listed on Ebay Motors. The 3 are not in bad shape.
Views: 382   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 24, 2006 4:51pm
by Rick Botti
j
Jerry
New Durant Book
Loved this book and the author is a heck of a guy. He signed the book and shipped it right to me. http://billyalfredandthegeneral.bravehost.com/ http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0814408699/ref=sr_11_1/102-1938483-0328907?%5Fencoding=UTF8
Views: 380   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 22, 2006 10:16pm
by Lance Haynes
Curious about "ooooga" horns
I've been told that the "oooga" horn was designed with a purpose. Mine functions perfectly -- a slight push is barely audible, and sounds like some animal in distress. A full push is loud and "animal-like", I suppose. Horses were as common on the road as cars, and I...
Views: 370   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 22, 2006 5:53pm
by Ron Hast
32 DeVaux Custom Sedan
The old paper registry that I took over had only one 1932 DeVaux Sedan on it. That car was last known to be in Texas in the early 80's. (Not Jeff C.) I just made contact with a man that has had the car since 2001. In talking to Howard R. in Michigan yesterday he...
Views: 554   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 22, 2006 3:43pm
by gary k
k
Kathy
Pretty car on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4623850690 (but when did they put an ocean in Palm Springs?)
Views: 265   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 21, 2006 8:41pm
by Kathy
Rugby truck
Hello out there, I have a Rugby S4 #1066. Not sure what year it is. It's been outside for a long time. Firewall is the only sheet metal still there. Four cyl. engine (still turns), trans and rearend are all still there. I recently bought my property and I'm cleaning...
Views: 431   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 21, 2006 5:37am
by Chuck Rice
New Carbureator for 1930-31 Durant 22-A Available
Hi All..... I now have a new Zenith carb in stock that is a bolt on replacement for the 22-A 6 cylinder engine as used in the last Durants. You no longer have to fool around with adapters and modifications. This unit is a true bolt on piece. This also works...
Views: 365   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 20, 2006 11:11pm
by Lance Haynes
Nearly Duked
Be careful all you that use PayPal...We were emailed a comfirmation form from (service@paypal.com) that we had made a $410.55 USD payment using Paypal, this thing listed all the cart and shipping information on an individual and looked exactly like a payment had been...
Views: 394   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 20, 2006 9:31pm
by Bill Hoaglan
re-stamping the ID tags?
Both my ID plates, the one on the motor and the one on the firewall are hard to read. Has any one ever re-stamped the numbers into these plates? Is so, where do you get the letters with the correct style and size? What do the guys use that buy the reproduction ID t...
Views: 330   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 20, 2006 10:16am
by Frank Witkowski
Fuel Pressure Regulators
I installed a 6 volt electric fuel pump on my 1930 Durant and purchased a fuel pressure regulator that failed shortly after installing. Rick Botti and Bill Hoaglan recommended a Holley regulator that can be operated from 1-4 psi. The new Holley regulator has openings...
Views: 459   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 18, 2006 5:19am
by Yates Milton
I need a Gas petal
Greetings Durant Gang, I am restoring a 1929 Model 60 touring. I need the gas petal and rod that connects to the carb. Do you have an extra? Or if I could borrow it for a pattern and I will get one made. Thanks,
Views: 271   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 16, 2006 7:13pm
by Leonard Burkhold...
eBay
Hope I'm not the only novice when it comes to eBay connected to this site. Discovered a lot more Durant / Star item's under "all", rather than just car / parts. Rad crests under badges, owners manuals, pic's, related items but downside is having to sift through 35 pa...
Views: 476   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 16, 2006 4:22am
by Norm Toone
Fan Belt
I am in need of a new fan belt for my 14L engine in my 28 Model 60. What is a good source for a new belt? Thanks.
Views: 447   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 14, 2006 11:19pm
by Fritz R. Kuenzel
License Plate Frame
The 1926 Original California License Plate measures 4 1/4" x 14" -- and am in need of new license plate frames for the newly refirbished and registered plates of that era for the 26 Star Coach. Is there a source known to members for this item?
Views: 224   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 14, 2006 4:25pm
by Ron Hast
Oakland Star Dealership Pictures Posted
The complete collection of pictures from the R.A. Doty Star dealership in Oakland, California have been posted. You'll find the link on the top of the Star Photographs page. Rick
Views: 279   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 12, 2006 5:05pm
by Lance Haynes
D65 sedan car cover
Can somebody tell me where I can get a car cover for my D65 Sedan. I would prefer a cloth cover as there are a lot of paper type covers out there but i have never had them last.
Views: 209   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 11, 2006 5:46pm
by Gary Warden
what's the story on engine colors?
I have corresponded with Bob Porter the Star Guru who I consider an expert on Stars who has provided me with the proper color for the Durant/Star motors which is a gray/green color. My question is to the members is I've seen many older cars with red painted engines....
Views: 744   Replies: 20
Last Post: Mar 11, 2006 5:42pm
by Gary Warden
New Ignition Keys Available
Hi All........ The new ignition keys have arrived. They are made using a nickel silver blank so won't rust like the old steel ones. These work great in my reproduction cylinders. Also have used them in some of my old original switches and they work fine,...
Views: 228   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 10, 2006 10:17am
by EDDIE V
NOS Rear Fenders
Was told the set of NOS rear fenders I have are for a 1929-30 Durant model 60, part numbers 24312 and 24313, can any one tell me if they were right. I can send pictures or you can look at them on the Antique Automobile Club Of America web site under, "What is it" Nos...
Views: 298   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 10, 2006 7:26am
by Gordon F. Curl
In Need of Pistons
I'm in need of a set of 2 7/8" pistons for my 14L. The 1929 14L and 15L engines shared the same pistons. If you have or know where I can get a set of new pistons that will fit I'd be grateful. The standard piston has four rings and the size is: Standard 2.874"...
Views: 439   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 9, 2006 7:00pm
by Rick Botti
Need Some Measurement
I have a 1929 Durant 2 door sd. 60 L:-)l lost my notebook that had the measurement it plus my pictures. I talk to Rick Botti he told me that someone might be able to help me. What I need is a measurement form the headlight bar to the grill and from the headlight b...
Views: 307   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 9, 2006 12:23pm
by Roger Henney
Durant write up
For the Canadian members, OLD AUTOS newspaper has a write-up on WC Durant, the first of two parts. This one is entitled "A brief biography of Billy Durant". It seems very thorough and begins with 1855. Now I know where Crapo comes from. It's pointed out that the c...
Views: 263   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 8, 2006 12:14pm
by Gordon F. Curl
Star Coupe Parts Needed
Our two Star coupes are coming along slowly but surely. Today, we picked up a load of rough cut ash wood to transform into genuine Star body parts. Butch is taking a break from sandblasting and is starting some metal patch panel repair. Mike Larsen and Ray Ganser ar...
Views: 192   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 7, 2006 5:38pm
by Don Shilling
Radiator Badge Contest
I've created a new page for the contest. You can easily find it on the bottom of the Special Interest section. Rick
Views: 378   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 7, 2006 4:57pm
by Mike Linthicum
selling 1925 star
i have a 1925 durant star that i am looking to sell parts too it or the whole car. i have pics, well sell to best offer. plus i also have a 1927 Model AA Capitol serie w/pics also looking to sell. both are just parts cars.
Views: 228   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 6, 2006 10:21am
by EDDIE V
Tools 1930's
I discovered Durant's had tool kit under the front seat. Never knew that until recently. Sure weren't with our Durant's in the 60's nor any we found in field's or buildings. What are they and are they marked like Ford T (with Ford name, or thistle, or triangle) ?
Views: 759   Replies: 14
Last Post: Mar 6, 2006 4:28am
by Norm Toone
New Dealer Sign
I just added to the Tech Page under Factory Correspondence/Sales Bulletins a 1931 factory memo regarding the new Durant Service sign. I recreated the memo and scanned the sales brochure and turned them both into one PDF file for easy downloading and printing. It's...
Views: 242   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 5, 2006 1:17pm
by Rick Botti
reflecting on our website
members, I feel compelled to reflect on the fabulous DMAC website. I get such pleasure reading each part every evening. I cannot wait to see what is added each night to the discussion and to the other columns. Rick has done a great job setting it up and feeding it....
Views: 303   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 5, 2006 12:34pm
by Gary Yelle
Original (rear) carpet
A meticulous restoration of my 26 star has one original item, I'm told, because of nostalgia. The rear carpet in this 2 door sedan is in remarkable condition for being 80 years old, but does show some wear. Trying to detail it didn't help much. It appears to be rath...
Views: 277   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 5, 2006 12:24pm
by Gary Yelle
Durants most popular model
What do you think was Durants most popular model with the public?
Views: 203   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 5, 2006 8:21am
by Mike Linthicum
RESTORATION FINALLY STARTED
HI GUYS, WELL FINALLY MY 23 STAR TOURING RESTORATION IS IN FULL SWING.TODAY WE SODA BLASTED THE CHASSIS AND I CAN'T BELIEVE THE CONDITION OF THE STEEL IN THE FRAME.ITS LIKE IT JUST CAME OFF THE ASSEMBLY LINE.THE ONLY PLACE WE FOUND ANY RUST IS ON THE RADIATOR SHROUD...
Views: 233   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 4, 2006 9:34pm
by Rick Botti
selling parts
i have a 1925 durant star that i am looking to sell parts too or the whole car. i have pics, email me at mrbig176@aol.com
Views: 316   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 3, 2006 10:21am
by EDDIE V
trip tp Ireland and Scotland
I am going to be on a bus tour of Ireland and Scotland first part of May . Anyone interested in having an old car nut drop in to see the good machines of the British Isles??? Would love to have a look at some of the cars while we are there . Only going to be aro...
Views: 278   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 1, 2006 8:07pm
by Ken McCormick
Website Updates
The most recent Updates are: #1 1926 Star Model R Coach Current Owners Ron Hast & Steve Nimz of Tiburon, California #2 1926 Rugby Touring Car Owned by Ramiro Pinto of Pombal, Portugal #3 Radiator Badge Contest updated to included additional submissions...
Views: 450   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 1, 2006 5:44pm
by Rick Botti
East Coast Chapter Newsletter
For everyone that is in the East Coast Chapter. Your newsletter will be mailed from sunny Florida tomorrow. Sorry for the delay. Make sure you clip and mail the registration form back to Yates advising him if you will be attending the ECC Spring meet in Williamsburg....
Views: 205   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 28, 2006 10:57am
by Frank Witkowski
Ring gear survey.
I have question for the group: how many of you have torn down and inspected the ring and pinion gears of your cars. Of those that have, how many have found the rivets that fasten the ring gear to the carrier to be loose? The reason I ask is this, of the two axles...
Views: 338   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 28, 2006 12:50am
by Lance Durant
Locks and door key....
Have 26 Star 2 door R. It has a lock on the outer passenger side door below the handle, but not the driver's door. I don't have a key for the door, the lock is different than the ignition, and am fearful of accidentally locking the car doors (and don't know how) with...
Views: 280   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 26, 2006 3:54pm
by Gordon F. Curl
Durant-Dort Headquarters
I just came across this small tid bit of Durant information while surfing the web. It seems as though the Genesse County Historical Society has received a grant of $10,000 to restore the Durant-Dort Headquarters foyer to it's original condition. There is also mention...
Views: 195   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 26, 2006 1:52pm
by Gordon F. Curl
Views: 575   Replies: 16
Last Post: Feb 25, 2006 11:00pm
by Rick Botti
Speedometer calculation
My 26 R Star seems to perk along quite well up to what I'm guessing is about 35 mph. It is obvious that the speedometer shows about a 10 mph higher reading than accuracy. Is there any known method of adjustment, lubricatiion or maintenance that will/might correct it?...
Views: 233   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 23, 2006 5:56pm
by gary kauffman
Hemmings Classic Car - April 2006
Just finished reading the article on the Durant 6-14 in the April issue Classic Cars. You will probably enjoy the article and the magazine. Thanks to David Adolphus and Hemmings Motors for letting the public know that there were automotive pioneers other than Henry F...
Views: 379   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 22, 2006 11:04pm
by Lance Haynes
engine paint discontinued
Just a notice to all. I went to my paint guy today to get more engine paint and he told me that they are going to stop carrying the color code. I ordered a hole bunch and have it put in spray cans they will be approx. 14.50 a can.
Views: 316   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 22, 2006 1:45pm
by Walter Pré
1923 Stock Certificate
Does anyone know if Durant Motors Incorporated capital stock certificates, dated June 22, 1923 have any value?
Views: 187   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 22, 2006 9:56am
by Gordon F. Curl
Correct Tire size for 23 Star
What was the factory tire size offered for the 23 Star Touring, and who has found the best place for quality and price to purchase them from?
Views: 384   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 21, 2006 7:30pm
by Mike Linthicum
OIl and gas additives
Keeping track of do's and don'ts when playing with a 62 Cadillac and a 26 Star is sometimes confusing. I do know that Marvels Mystery Oil and Lead Additive keep the Cadillac running like new. But I am told to NOT put led additive in the Star gasoline -- but Marvels M...
Views: 272   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 21, 2006 5:50pm
by RonJaremkow
80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89

The Durant Motors Automobile Club