Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nominee Profiles for the upcoming election.

Dear fellow Durantonians
I’d like to introduce myself. Many of the East Coast Chapter members have met me and many of the members on the forum and who read the Partner have seen my postings and articles. I have been a member of the DMAC for about 3 years now and have been fascinated by the Durant automobiles for quite some time ever since the 1980’s. I have a strong interest in the Flint, and have amassed quite a bit of information on these cars, including most of the available advertisements, some sales literature, as well as any pictures, and articles I have found over the years on the various models. But my interested not only goes to the Flint but all Durant products. In the 1980s I owned and restored a 1947 Packard Taxi Cab, and a 1950 Pontiac Ambulance/Hearse, which I sold due to a job transfer. My love for antique cars began when I was about 16, when my father and I found a 1916 Ford Model T milk truck, but unfortunately it was bought out from under us. I currently own a 1971 Triumph TR6 that I am restoring a little at a time, but enjoy driving it to much to put it up for months to do a complete frame off restoration.
As far as my personal information, I am 52 years old, and have been in the law enforcement profession for over 34 years. I was born in Delaware, but migrated to Florida in 1972 and have been in the Florida ever since. I am eligible for retirement and will be doing a job transition to owning my own business when the appropriate time comes. My wifes name is Frances and I have 3 boys, the youngest is 22 the oldest is 27 and all but one are on their own. My other hobby is Civil War re-enacting in which I portray a hospital Steward along with two other friends who portray Doctors. We put on living history displays about the medicine and surgical procedures used during the War Between the States. I have always been a historian and have enjoyed American History. I also enjoy researching and writing articles for various publications including the Durant Partner.
Many of the East Coast Chapter members have meet me at the various ECC meetings and I hope have had a chance to partake in some of my enthusiasm for the DMAC and the ECC. I hope that I have helped in some small way to make the ECC meetings fun and a great place to meet others that like the cars. I know that I have had great times and always look forward to the next get together with such fine people. I did not seek the nomination for Vice President since I thought that there were many more people who had much more time in the club and knowledge about the cars than I did, but once nominated, I decided I would accept the position if elected. I feel that I could effectively work with whoever was elected President, and would be active in the decision making process of the DMAC. As far as a personal agenda I have none, except I would like to see the DMAC grow into a non-profit tax exempt organization that could be recognized world wide as one of the premier car clubs. I’d also like to see Durant and his cars get proper recognition at the AACA museum and in the future have either our own museum, or share museum space somewhere that some of the cars could be displayed for all to admire. I’d also like to see a central collection point for the tons of documents and information that is floating around on the cars for all future generations to enjoy and use. If you have any particular questions on my opinions on various topics, please don’t hesitate to email me.

Re: Nominee Profiles for the upcoming election.

To the extent that the biographies of the candidates were not included with the mailing of the magazine, it is good to see that Mike has taken the initiative to post information about himself.

While I am sure that many have returned their ballot, it would be helpful to those that have not voted for other canditates for office to put some information on the BB about themselves.

thanks in advance

charlie

The Durant Motors Automobile Club