Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Design contest for new club Radiator Emblem starts today!

In the early days of motoring, even prior to the Durant Motors years, motorcar owners began to band together to form clubs for the purpose of social gathering, helping to change anti-automobile laws, and to assist in the maintenance of these highly complex machines. Many of these clubs chose to identify their members by producing a fine almost jewel like cloisonné emblem with the club name and logo. Although by the late 1930’s a lot of these clubs went by the wayside, in the United Kingdom and Europe these clubs and their emblems still existed. Today these emblems can be bought and mounted to the radiator or an accessory bar on the front of the vehicle.
Recently several members have expressed a desire to have a DMAC radiator badge made so that they could install them on the front of their Durant product, Devaux, Dort or Frontenac. Several other members have also suggested a license plate topper similar to the emblems the AACA have that mount on top of or to you present day license plate.
So we are going to have a contest for all you members who wish to participate in designing this emblem. The contest will run from December 2005 through February 01, 2006. Designs can be drawn, or computer generated in black and white or color and submitted to me no later than January 15, 2006. Create a design that can be viewed when it is approximately 3 ½ inches in diameter. The designs will be posted on the DMAC web site for all to see, and also in the Durant Partner. The winning design will be selected by you the members in a voting process. I will compile the drawings and forward them to Rick Botti and our Editor for publication. Drawings can be emailed to me at the email link on this posting or sent to me via mail to my address of 1421 Hampstead Terrace, Oviedo, Florida 32765. So sharpen those drawing skills and send those designs in.

Re: Design contest for new club Radiator Emblem starts today!

Let's start sending in those designs! Durantonians don't fail me now!

Mike:

Thanks for your push, I am sending some proposals to your mail.

Regards

Ricardo

Thanks Ricardo for all the design ideas. I've forwarded them to Rick to post and as soon as he gets a chance he will post them on the web for all to see. Now how about you other members. Lets start seeing some designs out there. You don't have to be a perfect artist, just draw something up and send it in.

Ok so far we have received quite a few design ideas from Ricardo, and they are great, thanks Ricardo! But I know that there are others out there who would like to see their ideas and designs considered. Carol F. has great artistic tallent as well and Gary K, I know you had the original design you were going to send. And Lance you were going to re-sketch your design and send it to Rick so let's start getting those designs in so we can start see some. Rick has said as soon as he gets some free time he will put them up here on the web site for all to view.

Hello there.... gee I never get the time to browse this site... and now I see you have some fun stuff going on.... hmmm guess I will give it a shot. I hope you will be getting lots of creative results for this great idea from members all over the world!!

Where Are You From? users.adelphia.net/~catart/DurantHome.html

Carol I mentioned you in the above posting. As tallented as you are, I would expect and entry from you. Now we have received entries from Ricardo Columbo from Argentina and Paul Durrant from Australia. Come on you Yanks let's see some entries from us or from our Canadian members eh! All entries are being sent to Rick and Jackie for posting on the web site and the next Partner for all to see and vote on.

Mike:
I sent both you and Rick my suggestion.

Gord. (From the great white north - EH)

Design contest for new club Radiator Emblem

We've received about 10 or more designs from several individuals from all over the world but there is room for many more. If you would like to see anything in particular designed and used by club members, just scetch it out and submit it. You don't have to be a graphic artist to compete. Let's see if we can get any more, before we post all the entries.

I have sent in our ideas!!
It is wonderful that so many are interested and have sent in their entries!!
I can not wait to see them all!
Carol and Larry

Where Are You From? users.adelphia.net/~catart/DurantHome.html

Just to bring all those who submitted designs up to date, we have received quite a few great designs. You can tell that a lot of thought went into the design of these emblems. I've asked Rick to create a special temporary page on this web site so that all of you can see them and vote on them. They will also be posted in the next Partner if possible. You the members will have a chance to pick the design. If you have any more that you want to submit, or those of you who have been waiting just send them to me at my email address or to my home address.

Dear Mike:

Any news about the DMAC radiator badge? May be that some decision could be produced in one of the regional meetings.

Best regards

Ricardo

The Durant Motors Automobile Club