Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Model 55 Instruction Manual

I have a Model 55 Manual that has no year on it. It is very complete and has a lot of valuble info in it. Because I have a 1928 Model 65. I would like to know what the differance is. I find the manual to be the same as my 65. If anybody has any Ideas I would like to hear from you.

Re: Model 55 Instruction Manual

Hi Lawrence,
Both models were produced in 1928, the two main differneces were the engine and wheelbase.

The model 65 came with a Continental 15L six-cylinder with a displacement of 185 cubic inches and rode on a 110 inch wheelbase.

The model 55 had a 107 inch wheelbase and was powered by a 14L Continental six-cylinder. This was the first generation 14L and was 165 cubic inches.

Rick

Where Are You From? www.txtransportationmuseum.org

Re: Model 55 Instruction Manual

Thanks for the reply Rick. The mistery is solved. The other thing I forgot to mention is the manual was from Durant Canada in Ontario.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club