Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for parts

I am in the process of restoring my 1929 Model 60 Landeau 2-door. I am missing the polished caps on the Landeau bars behind the rear windows. Does anyone have these for sale or a diagram of what they look like so I can have replacements fabricated.
Thanks!

Re: Looking for parts

Hi Dennis....

Check out my latest parts list (the one from Williamsburg).

These caps are listed under "Prop Nuts" The ones I have are polished stainless steel.

Good luck with your restoration. It's going to be a great looking car ! !

Frank ---

I was named in a will and left a Durant sedan in near perfect unrestored condition, It has been in dry storage since 1942. For some reason my uncle took alot of the chrome parts off the car and stored them in his house. I have been able to find everything except the headlights, and the cross bar for between the fenders that the headlights mount to. I know that Durant went out of business in 1932 but he always insissted this was a 1933 model. Further note; my uncle was the original owner! So I am in need of a pair of headlights and the cross bar.

Tim,
What is the year and model of your car?

It would be a great help if you could take loads of pictures of your car from ever conceivable angle and send them to Frank who made the second post. It would be a great help to people restoring a like model back to it orginal condition as the factory delivered it to the dealer.

It is not very often that we see a car that has all its originl features.

Bob

Hi Tim. I got a fully restored extra two bolt head bar for the 26 throgh 28 Star car and the model 60 Durant all chromed and ready. Also have some others stored up in Washington. I also have a set of black powder coated 27, 28 Star bullet head lights and a set of fully rechromed 28, 29 Durant head lights. Let me know if I can help for you. Lance Haynes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club