Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Public apology to Lance and the DMAC

Dear DMAC members
It seems that I have stirred up some ugly postings on the forum when I voiced my opinion on the current election process. I thought the forum was just that a group of people who come together to talk and share their feelings and common interest. Not always is the talk going to be about what part I need but should also be a voice of the people to talk about anything in the club we want to. But I guess I was wrong on the definition of a forum. I want to use this forum to publicly apoligize to Lance for what many have taken as a bad mark on his Presidency or him personally. Lance has done great things for this club and has moved it forward 3 more years after Yates. The club is alive and still going thanks to him and he has helped many to restore their cars to running condition so all can enjoy. But that does not mean that we don't need some things addressed in the DMAC and changes made to make us a more professional worldwide club. Lance is right, my enthusiasm for this club made me want to volunteer to get involved with it 100%. I volunteered on my own without being asked to help get the DMAC incorporated, which Lance wanted to do. I spent many of my personal hours to come up with a set of corporate documents which I sent out to the Officers and Directors to use as a go-by and modify as they saw fit. I also helped Frank Witkowski and Yates Milton with the organization of the East Coast Chapter and the several meetings we've had as well as try to plan an interesting agenda for the members to enjoy during these meetings. For those of you who have made the comment about being a "baby", well you just don't know me, that's for sure! I'll put courage and fortitude as well as character up against yours anyday you'll lose handsdown. I guess the old addage unless asked, don't volunteer holds true with the DMAC. If anyone has taken the time to read my Bio on this forum you will see by my career that I have not been one to sit by and not speak out when I see something that needs changing. I spoke out on this forum and I should not have, but done it in private emails instead. To those of you that have met me, know that I am not afraid to say what I think unlike many others. The election process is now underway, and the members will have their say. It is my hope that the new Officers and/or Directors will also move the club forward and professionally for the next term. For all you other members on the sidelines. Be carefull if you volunteer for anything your help might not really be wanted or appreciated. Lance I personally am sorry if I've caused you any more stress than you already have with your current condition. In the future I will not be so active or outspoken in the DMAC and I will not use the forum again to voice my personal opinion but will keep it to myself you can be assured of that!

Re: Public apology to Lance and the DMAC

Hi Mike. Thank you for your apology. I certainly accept. I too would like to offer an apology to you and anyone else for any and all my transgressions. I am not perfect that is for sure. My only goal is for all of us to treat each other with the up most respect and love each other as ourselves. There isn’t anything in an old car club worth fighting about or mistreating one another. I don’t even care about all this bylaw stuff. My main interest is serving all of you and keeping Mr. Durant’s legacies’ alive and promoting our wonderful old car club. Let’s get started all over and just be real nice to each other. Please no more negative postings on our wonderful web site. Love you all and God bless you all. Lance Haynes

Re: Public apology to Lance and the DMAC

Dear Fellow Durantonians,
With the hopes of not offending anyone, I feel compelled to insert my two cents.As the originator of the first Durant "club"....the Durant-Star Owners Club...it goes without saying that I have a vested interest in what happens in this "grandchild" club of my creation.
I have met in person and interected with many of the members including those who seem to be at odds at this time. I have found each and every one of them to be in total agreement with each other in one area....THEY ALL CARE VERY DEEPLY FOR THE DURANT CLUB AS IT EXSISTS TODAY AND THEY WANT VERY MUCH TO MAKE IT EVEN BETTER THAN IT IS NOW. NOW THAT IS A BIG GOAL BECAUSE WE HAVE ONE HECK OF A GREAT ORGANIZATION DEDICATED TO THE CARS WE LOVE.It is imperative that we all make a concerted effort to see beyond the individual personalities that we all possess and connect with that common thread that we all share. We are all both acceptable and irritating to others at different times. We do not all agree all the time. But we MUST converse and share our thoughts, desires and expectations openly, honestly and without fear of judgement or misjudgement by one another. Disagree if we must....but ....remember the common goal and accept or reject each others suggestions without "personalizing" the issues. Reject the suggestion, not the person making that suggestion or disagreeing with the idea presented. This forum "IS" for exchange of ideas and discussion of the club functions. We are all too far apart geographically to do it any other way.
In summary, I call on all of the members to keep my "baby" both alive and healthy. Forgive and forget and LETS MOVE ON TO THE GOOD STUFF WE SHARE....
"OUR DURANTING"
and , forgive my humor,... forget the other "CRAPO".

YOURS IN DURANTING,
GARY KAUFFMAN

The Durant Motors Automobile Club