AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
l
Lee
MONSTER
http://www.monacocoach.com/lifestyles/panaview.html The Ins Co's will say its a 1 man set.
Views: 1720   Replies: 17
Last Post: Apr 10, 2006 11:07am
by Owner
2001 bmw 540 4dr sedan
Well; Lots of w's possibilities on this one.This is a tough one to quote over the phone.Have not seen car yet,Since i have not replaced one of these before,i could use a little help in distinguishing the right w/s for this car.They do have rain sensor.We are not sure...
Views: 725   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 9, 2006 11:32pm
by HEY JOHN L
r
RC
Sticking it to Hal, Price Increase
Hal, We are going to be filing against State Auto in MN arbitration for your low reimbursement rates. Just out of curiosity how are you and other insurer's going to justify lowering reimbursements when I bring in letters from each of the wholesalers showing this pr...
Views: 1783   Replies: 23
Last Post: Apr 8, 2006 1:26am
by Tired
j
joe
zip code game
had a new one yesterday, had a customer come in the shop, did the work, then he decided he was going to run it through his insurance. Guess i should have made him pay the bill, and turn it into his insurance. Anyway, i got a fax for him, and found out his zip cod...
Views: 969   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 7, 2006 5:52pm
by eyes wide open
s
scott
software users
we have been using ibs for about 5 years, and am tired of the inventory module screwing up, and how cumbersome the program is to make a small retail sale for a set of wiperblades for example. besides, it's so **** expensive for our 2 stores, $335/month has anyone...
Views: 1153   Replies: 13
Last Post: Apr 7, 2006 12:37pm
by bqa
r
Ryans
? about buyouts
With the announcement of Iowa glass and Percession.And Pilkington taking over Old Dominion S.C. branches.This to me looks like a chess game with big powers dominating small.Where will small shops end up? First ins. co. then NAGS now mergers to hurt small people.How d...
Views: 909   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 7, 2006 9:22am
by glassrat
Toyota Electrochromic Mirrors
Just a little FYI to those of us who may not know how to distinguish between self-dimming or not, other than looking at the mirror frit patch: Self dimmers have a button that operates them, non self-dimmers have the old fashioned "toggle" switch that you manually "f...
Views: 672   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 6, 2006 7:16pm
by Ryans
m
MAC
PRICE INCREASE
Once again we're the target! I for one am extremely dissapointed in the Guardian and Pilkington decision to follow PPG. The local tire shop is charging for disposal of old tires, maybe since they can do it, I should! I mean, why should I have to pay to dispose of m...
Views: 1406   Replies: 19
Last Post: Apr 6, 2006 6:15pm
by eyes wide open
l
Lee
Courtroom Testimony
> > Courtroom Testimony > > These are from a book called Disorder in the Courts of > America, and are things people actually said in court, > word for word, taken down and now published by court > reporters that had the torment of staying calm while > these...
Views: 1003   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 6, 2006 6:14pm
by ccc
collections
What can you do? Who is responsible for payment When: You get authorization from an insurance company. You do the job, invoice and they send the check to the policy holder. The insurance co. seems to think that since they wrote a check the matter is solved. When I...
Views: 792   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 6, 2006 8:46am
by Irritated
l
Lee
SLR D/G
Have a customer using one of these in a movie(Redline). Had to check on a door glass. Called the dealer no stock in USA, Germany only. 5 days to get one at a paltry $2300.00. Also checked on a GT 40 door for them there only $1100.00
Views: 738   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 5, 2006 12:24pm
by Syd
m
m
Iowa Glass and Precison
GlassBYTEs™ Special News Alert Iowa Glass Depot Acquires Precision Replacement Parts Cedar Rapids, IA, April 3, 2006 - Iowa Glass Depot has acquired the assets of Precision Replacement Parts, of Monroe, WA. Precision is a distributor of moldings, weatherst...
Views: 2281   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 5, 2006 9:19am
by m
i
Ira
LOF windshield
Here's another goodie - I need a DW850GBN or DW848GBN with an LOF logo. Pilkington can't supply it, so it has to be old stock. Thanks
Views: 1134   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 4, 2006 11:48pm
by John Anderson
Light bar on H3
These are dealer installed items. I was wondering if anyone had problems getting screws out without stripping the revnuts. And If you do strip them how do you fix without sending back to dealer. The three I've messed with I made the dealer take off the light bar, b...
Views: 717   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 4, 2006 11:19pm
by billybubba
j
j
Irony
PPG goes up-Lynx goes down. NAGS goes down-Mitchell goes down. Safelite is safelite. I hope we all come to in time.
Views: 696   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 4, 2006 8:42am
by j
r
Ron
Allstate Announcement?
I heard Allstate sent out an announcement about EDI or electronic dispatches today.....does anyone have a copy of it?
Views: 2420   Replies: 18
Last Post: Apr 4, 2006 8:31am
by AGOC
m
Mark1
Rejected shops line up to fire back at State Farm
http://www.abrn.com/abrn/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=316550 Well, let's see, along with other things, the shops gave a bunch of freebies to the farm under the new program, agreed not to charge them more than ANY other customer, and now.....this. Oh, and glass...
Views: 907   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 3, 2006 7:17pm
by j
i
Ira
Corvette door glasses
The market seems to have dried up on 4 Corvette door glasses, DD6555 DD6556 DD7887 DD7888 Anybody got any ideas?
Views: 594   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 3, 2006 4:13pm
by Ira
s
Sglass
Metrix the Enenmy?
I conference called a State Farm Insured to Lynx to establish the calim. I had everything in place to do the job. During the CSR interview part of the call the insured was asked their zip code. The next question the CSR asked was would the insured like to use a shop...
Views: 750   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 2, 2006 7:55pm
by GLASSSGOD
j
JAC
Farmer's Short Pay Request
Hi all. I could use some help with some research. I'm tired of getting taken advantage of by the Insurance Companies and am working on something pretty big, but could use some general info. I have been short paid by Farmers continuously for years now. We agree...
Views: 882   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 2, 2006 7:26pm
by GLASSSGOD
Got a great idea....
Well,we sit back and watch the percents to buy glass go up.The overhead in our business goes up.Advertising goes up.Gas prices,keep going up.My bills keep going up.Im fed up.Im going fishing.
Views: 608   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 1, 2006 1:24pm
by XXX
b
bb
oddball windshield
would anyone know where to get the windshields for a 1992 Honda HA4? it is a little bitty truck ordered from Japan.
Views: 673   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 31, 2006 1:23pm
by bb
2005 Lexus LS430 windshield
Appears the same from 2001, but we have not done one. 4 choices on shield, rain sensor, heating tubes etc. Has anyone ever seen one with coolant tubes ? Any help would be great, Moldings ?, Rain sensor transfer ? etc Thanks , Dave
Views: 743   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 30, 2006 3:13pm
by Dave in Mass
r
RC
Mygrant price increase
Just got word from our rep that Mygrant will be announcing a 3% increase.
Views: 571   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 30, 2006 12:58pm
by RC
d
dk
AAA taxes
this may have been asked, but had computer problems and not able to get on. What is up with AAA, we did a job a month ago for them and they are not paying taxes to us. when called they said they will handle sending in the tax. Any one else have this happen? and ca...
Views: 672   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 30, 2006 9:25am
by TM
l
Lee
e-Premier Information
Any one using this service from Pilkington? I've tried 3 times and get no responce from them. http://www.pilkington.com/the+americas/usa/english/automotive/agr/epremier/epremier+information.htm
Views: 891   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 30, 2006 9:22am
by IAE
s
SB
Retail 3% Increase Announcment!
Why don't retail stores start announcing a 3% increase? I believe it would work especially if a large chain joins in.
Views: 586   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 29, 2006 8:51pm
by SB
any bets on who is next
Who will be the next to raise 3% as far as suppliers, and who will be the first ins. co. to ask for another 6% off
Views: 1129   Replies: 18
Last Post: Mar 29, 2006 6:47pm
by ralph
1949 lincoln 4dr sport weathersrips
I'm in the process of ordering vent gaskets and door weatherstrips and other misc. weatherstrips.I don't have much info at all on lincoln parts.The glass patterns are the same as a 1949 mercury 4dr sport.Will the mercury parts fit?or does lincoln have their own style...
Views: 512   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 29, 2006 2:06pm
by j
l
Lee
EUROPEAN GLASS SOURCES
Have a customer looking for clear glass for a Volvo. Nothing in US. Any body have sources for glass in Europe?
Views: 560   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 29, 2006 10:58am
by Clyde
g
garry
51 chevy deluxe 2 door
Can someone tell me the nags number to replace the 2-pc windshield with a one pc?
Views: 453   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 29, 2006 9:19am
by Lee
m
Mark1
Billing Insurers Directly
With the recent posts, I thought this was worth reading. http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/news/060326/calls.shtml
Views: 728   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 29, 2006 9:07am
by Mark1
b
bqa
urethane
what brands of urethane is everyone else using? we have been using Sika since the early 90's and have been happy, but everytime i turn around the price goes up. i am now using ASAP, but i know another glass shop thati is using dinitrol and likes it. any suggestions....
Views: 1033   Replies: 15
Last Post: Mar 28, 2006 9:58pm
by ?
what exactly is "Metryx"
Never heard of it till being on this website the past couple of months. Can anyone tell me exactly what it is and what it is about. Thanks
Views: 620   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 28, 2006 9:49am
by GLASSSGOD
r
RL
NAGS Jesse Herrerra
I have had it with the disaster NAGS has caused with the rebalance. For anyone to say that it is not a problem or that we are responsible for the problems in our industry is outrageous. I have had my glass business and have been very sucessful for the last 15 years...
Views: 1288   Replies: 31
Last Post: Mar 27, 2006 10:50pm
by bqa
r
ron
05 ford mustang convertible b/g
Need help!!!! Per Ford you cannot just buy the glass, you have to replace the whole top. Any help on replacing the top? Has anyone done one of these before? Or should we just send it to a top shop? Ford says that it will take 6.3 hrs to replace. If i take on this job...
Views: 700   Replies: 11
Last Post: Mar 27, 2006 10:03pm
by ron
b
brian
Automotive Glass Consultants Training
Has anyone been through this training? Any info on the course and costs are appreciated.
Views: 616   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 27, 2006 8:54pm
by Tim Meyers
Specific Laws about creating "Industry Billing Practice??
Hello, O.K., we know we can discuss pricing and discounting "issues" without breaking the law. It is only when we would cross over into discussing "setting specific prices and discounts" that we would be guilty of "price fixing". Fine, I can live with that....
Views: 849   Replies: 16
Last Post: Mar 27, 2006 7:20pm
by HEY JOHN L
Let's talk pricing!!
Hey all, It's been awhile since I've had time to check in! I'd like to make a few points, ask a few questions, and hopefully, we will ALL be able to learn something from the information that I am looking for. This may get long, (as usual!) so hang in ther...
Views: 1147   Replies: 15
Last Post: Mar 27, 2006 6:50pm
by HEY JOHN L
GTS, GLAXIS, LYNX..to what end?
Did everyone get a chance to read the press release today from GTS? Are they joking? Is the comment from Lynx even necessary? I find it very upsetting that GTS can even say "It recognizes our ability to deliver more value to auto glass retailers than our competito...
Views: 1067   Replies: 14
Last Post: Mar 27, 2006 4:02pm
by Randy Iverson
FUNNY OUR COUNTRY DOSEN'T PRACTICE WHAT WE PREACH.
I FIND IT SAD THAT WE ARE CRAMMING A OUR WAY OF GOVERMENT AND LIFE ON THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES WHEN WE OURSELVES DON'T SEEM TO HAVE IT RIGHT. I'M NOT LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO ATTACK WHAT I'M GOING TO SAY . I THINK IT IS SAD THAT FAMILY BUSINESSES THAT HAVE BEEN AROUND...
Views: 643   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 27, 2006 9:03am
by GLASSSGOD
Pilkington 3% increase
We were just told of Pilkington's 3% price increase, will be starting for us. How interesting...first fuel charge, now price increase. They're reasoning is the high price of raw materials, fuel, health care, and over all labor costs.
Views: 629   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 26, 2006 6:11pm
by d-boy
j
Jim
Cost of Labor
I want to start a discussion about the cost of labor. Can we share some info on that in this forum? We've all been impacted by continuing discounts on glass, but the new NAGS formula is supposed to compensate us "fairly" for labor. Well, my cost of labor has incre...
Views: 564   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 25, 2006 11:12am
by Nathan Haffke
repair kit cleaner
What is the best thing for cleaning the resin off of a repair kit. Kinda like washing it down after a repair. Besides methynol.
Views: 598   Replies: 9
Last Post: Mar 24, 2006 9:30am
by autoglass in rf
n
nin
'02 lexus is300 left front door.
hello. does anyone haveing promblem with this door glass. i use pilkington door glass,haveing problem with brkt.coming off the glass. install 2 door already. also have to remove the motor from the regulator to realign the gear. will be putting my 3rd door on...
Views: 544   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 22, 2006 9:45pm
by mojo7
info please...mercedes c230
How involved are the W/S replacement's on '00 Mercedes C230? Has rain sensor, Part #FW2045. Labor times according to NAGS: 4.80 Not sure what to expect... Thanks for any info. ~Western Wishes~
Views: 618   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 22, 2006 2:51pm
by Rick
'04 Volvo C70 Convertible (FW 2095)
Has anybody replaced a w/s in one of these cars yet that could offer any tips please? Thanks dave
Views: 697   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 21, 2006 3:36pm
by GLASSSGOD
BUSY
I am glad to see more posts on tech stuff than negative stuff.I think everybody is picking up.
Views: 664   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 21, 2006 12:30pm
by GLASSSGOD
67 chevelle w/s clips
Looking for some help, I'm trying to locate some windshield clips for a 1967 Chevelle (DW0670). A part number or a supplier of some kind would be a great help. Hope someone can help or lead me in the right direction. Thanks
Views: 624   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 20, 2006 11:30am
by rgl
b
bb
1951 Chevrolet P/UP
if anyone would have any information on where to look for the gaskets for windshield, backglass, and door glasses of a 1951 Chevrolet Pickup, old city firetruck boss is restoring, it would be greatly appreciated. thanks brandy
Views: 618   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 20, 2006 10:25am
by bb

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com