AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
'02 lexus is300 left front door.

hello.
does anyone haveing promblem with this door glass.
i use pilkington door glass,haveing problem with
brkt.coming off the glass. install 2 door already.
also have to remove the motor from the regulator to realign the gear. will be putting my 3rd door on the same car in few days. any advice would be helpful.
thank you.

Re: '02 lexus is300 left front door.

I have had a problem with other door glass holders not staying on Some times if you drill two holes thru the holder the urethane will ozze out of the holes and give it more holding grip this has worked for me from toyota's to t-birds! The only other thing that you can do is get the doorglass from Lexus as a lot of the aftermarket doorglasses with the holders fail Good Luck

Are you attaching the brackets yourself, or just the ones coming attached to the glass are failing?

I can't speak to the ones coming on the glass, but have some suggestions that we have learned if you are attaching them yourself with urethane.

two of the glass i install is brand new with brkt. pilkington glass. will install my 3rd new door in few days.

just a thought, but you might check to see if there is a problem the channel the glass run fits in. I've had glass pull out of attachments because that channel had been pinched closed, or bent out of shape.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com