Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
A thing of beauty!
I had my bronze Tillotson MV-1A carburetor rebuilt and it came out so pretty I didn't want to bolt it on the car - but I did. The car runs 5 mph faster, the engine is smoother and I can actually adjust the mixture. I put the vendor's contact information on the Res...
Views: 513   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 19, 2013 11:31pm
by Vince O'Brien
radiator
looking for a back up radiator for 24 star 4cyl have a 6cyl rad for sale or trade thanks
Views: 352   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 19, 2013 5:18pm
by Robert Bush
Sad but true
Despite many mixed emotions I have decided to sell my Durant coupe. It has been a good car, in many ways the nicest car I have ever owned. It was a deeper commitment than I had ever made to any other old car and because of that I learned so much about taking care o...
Views: 459   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 13, 2013 8:04pm
by Rick Botti
Tubular Backbone Exhaust
Hey all, This 1925 Flint H-40 (closed car) project I have has one of those tubular exhaust systems on it that is rusted out....I am wondering if I would be doing myself a disservice if I just scraped this thing and install a conventional 5" round muffler with ta...
Views: 445   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 12, 2013 7:28pm
by Rusty Buchanan
Generator Parts
I am still looking for a spare drive end plate (Part GAL-1065) for a GAL-4105 or GAL-4107 generator. This plate is about 6 3/4" across at the widest and is stamped inside with GAL-65. I'm also looking for good armatures - GAL-2066 and GT-2006. I also have a ne...
Views: 232   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 12, 2013 11:45am
by Mac Irvine
14L Vibration Dampner
For 1929, Durant/Continental added a vibration dampner (Lanchester) to the front of all 14L six cylinder engines. Mine is missing, so am looking for one. It attaches to the front fan drive pulley with 4 bolts. This is the pulley that the hand crank engages when star...
Views: 252   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 8, 2013 10:36am
by Ken McCormick
g
Gerald
Durant Wood Structure - Pictures (1928 M2 Coupe)
Hi everyone, Recently someone needed some pictures of the wood structure in the Durant I have. I thought it couldn't hurt to put links up here as well in case in the future someone needs them. Most of the wood is uncovered at the moment, so I can do any mea...
Views: 273   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 7, 2013 5:18am
by Henri Houle
Possible new items for the club store?
At the recent National Meet in San Diego, it was suggested by several members to possibly offer some glasses for sale in the store. These would be either a wine glass or a beer/soda glass with either our club logo or the first Durant radiator emblem with our club nam...
Views: 444   Replies: 14
Last Post: Oct 4, 2013 6:53pm
by Mike Linthicum
Lambrecht Chevrolet Inventory Auction (500 cars)
The '28 Durant sedan sold today at the VanDerBrink Auctions for $7000.00. The person that bought this car is the same person who is buying about 90% of the cars at this auction in Peirce, NE. It be interesting to find out who this person is and where these cars are g...
Views: 399   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 1, 2013 6:46am
by Todd E. Frye
San Diego Meet
Hi all: We would like to thank Charlie & Peg for putting on a great meet. Behind every man is a great woman and Peg is no exception. Peg made and gave us so many goodies that it will be hard not to gain weight. We arrived home on the 20th via Sea World, San Diego...
Views: 311   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 28, 2013 3:55pm
by Peggy Spitz
Still looking for a windshield wiper motor
Can't believe that no one in Durant land either has the information on what is correct or has a windshield wiper motor for my 1928 Model 65 four door sedan lying around. No response to my earlier post. I posted a request on the AACA forum and one individual stated hi...
Views: 560   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 26, 2013 6:08am
by Mike Linthicum
r
Ross
Spare tire covers
Has anyone done any logos on their spare tire covers. My 6-14 has a full rear spare tire cover. In a factory photo it shows the Durant emblem with "A Good Car" printed below it. Would this be screenprinting? Would you do it right on the cover(probably how the dealer...
Views: 382   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 24, 2013 9:01am
by phil Peters
Name that model
Playing devils advocate someone might know or have additional info on this model or models. Its says Durant middle of light bar and has the Durant crest on rad shell / wheel caps. These are deluxe pics. Standard has one horn, spare on back, and five doors in hood, de...
Views: 539   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 23, 2013 8:44am
by Dennis W. Nutter
Lower body moulding
I am nearing completion of the body restoration and have some questions about lower body moulding. This is extruded aluminum moulding which is 3/4 wide, runs along the lengh of the sills, and has a cross-section shape simular to a "U". The installation is done by nai...
Views: 307   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 20, 2013 9:07am
by Frank Witkowski
DMAC San Diego meet
Got back late last night, but had a great time seeing everyone. Weather was great and I want to thank Charlie and Peg for the fine hospitality and their expertise in putting on one fine event! I know a lot of work goes into putting one of these on and everything was...
Views: 385   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 20, 2013 5:12am
by Ed Vomero
FOUND 1929 Durant D-40 Sedan
Hello All, While looking at an Ad for an upcomming auction spotted a 1929 Durant D-40 sedan! I may be wrong but that is what it appears to be?? STORY; An old Chevy dealership was shutdown and had stored over 500 old cars and trucks Not Sold; "saved when new", som...
Views: 674   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 18, 2013 7:44pm
by Lance Chabot
Durant or Star Bumper on eBay
Just saw a early to mid 20's bumper on eBay that may fit the 21-26 Durant and possibly Star. The Item # is 321205431157. Yates
Views: 235   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 18, 2013 10:45am
by Yates Milton
Question For All Durantonians???
Hi All..... OK what happened today many years ago, and why is it significant to us?? Good Luck........... Frank ---
Views: 303   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 17, 2013 1:22pm
by Norm Toone
m
murat
unknown durant car
Hello , I have taken a picture of a Durant racing car in France , and I would like to know what it is exactly. As it is not possible to include a picture in this message , can you contact me by email , and I will send you this picture. Thank you. Bernard Murat...
Views: 336   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 17, 2013 9:09am
by Rick Botti
Champion C-4 spark plugs
Anybody have any Champion C-4 spark plugs in decent condition laying around? I need 5 of them. I believe the C-4 was original factory install for our cars or at least the 29 6 cylinders. What say ye all?
Views: 2530   Replies: 18
Last Post: Sep 15, 2013 1:53pm
by August
DeVaux
Had the great pleasure of meeting another Club member at Old Salem Days yesterday in Salem, VA. He had his 31 DeVaux (4 door Sedan) on display. What a Gem among all the Fords & Chevy's. Thanks for the chat Rory
Views: 205   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 15, 2013 1:47pm
by Yates Milton
Here we comre ready or not!!
Seven people and four cars from the Pacific Coast chapter started the trip to San Diego today. We logged 400 miles and will arrive Tuesday afternoon. Here we come San Diego! Rick
Views: 261   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 12, 2013 11:21pm
by Rick Botti
2013 DMAC San Diego
Durantonians: The planning process for the 2013 DMAC is well underway. The actual dates of the DMAC are Thursday September12 (plan on arriving Wednesday), thru Sunday (morning) September 15, 2013. The following is the link directly to the hotel website: http:...
Views: 1430   Replies: 47
Last Post: Sep 9, 2013 6:49pm
by Charles A. Spitz...
1930 Durant 614 Right hand drive on Ebay again
Hey I was just browsing Ebay and saw the unique Right Hand Drive 1930 Durant 614 four door sedan listed again for sale out of Louisiana. It's been discussed before, but I bet it has a real interesting story on how it got over here. Must have been exported than at som...
Views: 329   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 9, 2013 11:50am
by Norm Toone
Radiator for Sale
I ran into a guy at a car show last month that has a Durant radiator that he would like to sell. I just got the pictures and it looks like a 1928 radiator complete with shell and logo. It looks pretty rusty and the logo has some defects. The radiator is located in Co...
Views: 263   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 7, 2013 12:43pm
by D J Federlein
spring clamps
Anybody know if we can use the Ford style spring clamps on our cars. Need to replace mine and don't know if these will work. You know holds the springs together. Also what's the correct center bolt to use, anybody have a source for these. Mike
Views: 239   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 6, 2013 5:14am
by Mike Linthicum
Anyone have a spare rod bolt?
Anyone have a spare rod bolt for a Continental flat head? I am reassembling a Continental flat head, but unfortunately a prior rebuilder severely damaged the threads on one rod bolt. The bolt is 3/8 diameter, 2 and 1/2 inches overall length, and it is cross dril...
Views: 425   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 5, 2013 4:41am
by Norm Toone
W5 Engine Linkages
Just finishing the little bits on my W5 motor. What is the correct colour for the linkages, spark/throttle etc, around the engine and the one across the front of the motor. Are they the colour of the engine (grey/green) or black? Trying to get it close to correc...
Views: 302   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 2, 2013 5:31am
by Shane Hoffmann
Brake lining material
What have you guys used for re-lining your brakes and how has it worked for you. I know that McMaster-Carr sells brake lining material, but it has several different types. They have metal free and high strength type. On the AACA forum one person complained that the...
Views: 307   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 1, 2013 10:23am
by Norm Toone
DEVAUX DASH
HELLO EVERYONE I NEED THE DASH PULLS CHOKE,THROTTLEE AND SPARK FOR MY 31 DEVAUX,ALSO NEED THE FREE WHEELING PULL FOR MY 32,MINE HAS BEEN CHANGED OVER THE YEARS ON BOTH CARS,ALSO WOULD BE INTRESTED IN ANY DEVAUX PARTS YOU MAY HAVE,THANKS DAVE
Views: 226   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 29, 2013 8:08am
by DAVE ENRICO
What model did I own?
In 1948, while stationed near Napa Ca, I purchased a 1931 Durant 4-door Sedan that had a 6 cylinder Continental engine, 4-speed crash box transmission, a vacuum tank for the wipers, thermostatically controlled louvers for the radiator, and had raindrop type headlamp...
Views: 279   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 28, 2013 4:17pm
by Norm Toone
Flint Gas Cap
Hi All, I have been in the shop the last coupla days cranking out a gas cap for my Flint, I'm not exactly sure what an original Flint cap looks like so I thought I would just wing it and I hijacked the logo/script from one of the hubcaps, the lettering was raise...
Views: 275   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 25, 2013 8:23am
by Yates Milton
Trunk
I have obtained a cargo trunk from a friend that is available for any Durant club member for a price of $25.00 plus shipping. The Trunk is 12 inches (Front to Back), 18 inches high and 39.5 inches wide. Although in rough external shape, it is solid with a steel...
Views: 237   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 20, 2013 9:03pm
by Phil Peters
Durant Motors Automobile Museum Opens it's doors!
Hello All! Exiting times at the DMAC! If you look to your left, below the forum button of this web page, you will find a button marked Durant Museum. If you click that button you will be taken to our new Durant Motors Automobile Museum web site. There you will be...
Views: 356   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 15, 2013 10:26am
by Mike Linthicum
Need Help! Desperate for information!
I need to find a supply of Snubber Belt material 1 1/2 inch wide to restore my Gabriel Snubbers. Restoration specialties and Restoration Supply do not have any at all and say it is not being manufactured anymore. Someone has to have some stashed away or know of anot...
Views: 424   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 15, 2013 10:20am
by Mike Linthicum
oik pressure regulator spring
The spring and ball behind the timing gear acorn nut is in three pieces. It needs to be replaced. Does anyone have a dimension for this spring an/or compression ratio for this spring? Better yet, has anyone found a replacement which will work. Engine: W5 - 4 cylinder
Views: 209   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 13, 2013 10:23am
by S. Blomquist
Tail light question
Just got nos bee hive lens and door 3.5", Won't mount on body, I take it the old one was replacement 3.75". Does other autos fit? or any one has a extra?
Views: 428   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 12, 2013 6:24pm
by Norm Toone
2013 DMAC San Diego UPDATE
Are you attending the 2013 DMAC in San Diego? Have you made your hotel reservation? As a reminder, the cut off date for hotel registration is August 12. After that date the regular room rate will be in effect, and that rate does not include breakfast or parkin...
Views: 302   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 11, 2013 2:15pm
by Charles A. Spitz...
g
Guy
More Roofing info / inquiries
Sirs (especially Frank W.) I realize talking to Frank W., that roofing is not an exacting science. I am in conversation with Mel from Ohio as to making of my bows. His prices are more then reasonable $30 per bow with edges smoothened. Sorry boys, I raised his p...
Views: 254   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 10, 2013 5:25am
by Guy
b
bec
Durants for sale
people i hav 6 1929 Durants for sale unfortuneately no pics (except go to durant photos click on jos cro 29 sedan that is 1) i hav 5 here in jersey and 1 coupe is located in oregon bottom line is 30k for package 3 coupes 3 4 dr sedans thanx bec
Views: 442   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 9, 2013 5:35am
by Mike Linthicum
one more model 60 is on the road
we got the Durant 60 running today...it took a zenith model a carb , new battery and new cable and off she went. hooray..now on to the STAR TOURING...
Views: 233   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 8, 2013 7:52pm
by Gordon F. Curl
IT WILL BE ALIVE SOON! ITS VERY CLOSE TO BEING DONE!
IT'S ALMOST DONE AND IT WILL BE ALIVE SOON! What is it? You'll have to be patient for a few more days. Watch the forum for the announcement.
Views: 225   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 4, 2013 5:29am
by Mike Linthicum
Water Pump
Has anyone machined out a water pump for a W5 motor and installed a rubber water pump seal? if so what is the seal #?????
Views: 237   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 1, 2013 9:17am
by Don Gaskill
e
Eliot
Clutch Lining
I am getting ready to order clutch material from McMaster-Carr. They offer Low Friction, Medium Friction and High Friction lining. Does anyone know which one these I want for the clutch on a 25 Star and what thickness do I need? Thanks Eliot
Views: 238   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 31, 2013 9:08pm
by Bill Hoaglan
Slow starting
I have owned my 28 Durant for over 20 years. Two door sedan, Model M-2 During this time, it always starts, but turns over so slowly that I keep my fingers crossed. It is on its third battery, all cables large size, all connections always cleaned and checked. Good gro...
Views: 226   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 31, 2013 12:59am
by Gerald
Whatsit manifold with carb
My Star came with a small parts horde. Some of the parts aren't for it. Here's a manifold with a broken carburetor attached. Can anyone identify it? The carburetor has a good lid over the float and could be used for parts. Anyone need anything? [/URL] [/UR...
Views: 210   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 26, 2013 8:23pm
by Vince O'Brien
g
Gerald
Starter Brushes
I will have a few starter related questions. Not doing a real rebuild, but I am cleaning up the spare starter to get an idea of what's involved. The starter on the engine may be worn and in need of rebuild. These brushes are off the spare. I was wondering how w...
Views: 274   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 24, 2013 7:57pm
by Vince O'Brien
g
Gerald
Resistance Wires - Igniition switch / lights / dimmer
Hi All, Thanks again to all that are helping. The curly wires on the back of the ignition switch that connect the headlight lamp to the dimmer and park light settings are pretty sad looking on my switch. I am trying to find a replacement. Today I went...
Views: 256   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 24, 2013 7:47pm
by Vince O'Brien
Free for Hauling
What say, we start a new line dedicated to automobile acquisitions that were obtained for free or precious little. This is a little number I picked up for free in Washington, IL this week. I even bought a new trailer on the way and it is now for sale. This started...
Views: 318   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 21, 2013 2:15pm
by GARY KAUFFMAN
Fuel Tank Sediment
After trying to diagnose what happened to the Durant when I took it to the spring meet in Half Moon Bay, I believe it is fuel tank sediment. I pressurized the gas tank, and gas and black chunks came out. I am going to drain the tank tonight and try to eliminate s...
Views: 419   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 18, 2013 12:34pm
by Rick Botti
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

The Durant Motors Automobile Club