Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Time flies

Dear DMAC,
We finally got my Racingrust.com website updated and operating again.
It' been 5 1/2 years since Rick added it to the links page. Time really flies!
This project has been a ball the entire way. All of the research, the designing,the mechanical,the fabrication,and now driving it, has really been an adventure.
The friendships all along the way have been the best.
DMAC information was most important many times, including the licensing
process. I would like to thank you for your help.
Don

Where Are You From? Bakersfield,Ca

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Star

Re: Time flies

Hey Don, are you sure it wasn't a racer at one time. Prior to the 30's, the age of the Star there wasn't that much racing performance parts out there. No Offenhausers, or racing headers etc so local race tracks probably raced what they had. We know of one original Durant race car that married two Durant Continental engines together and raced it. This was later reproduced by past member Jeff Cromeens from Texas. There is another race car in Monaco and one in France, or maybe it's the same one now, but I've seen pictures of those. And the son of Billy Durant raced Durant cars too. Not all of them were professionally made but made in shops by individuals tinkering. If your car could only talk, it would tell us of it's rich history, ans seeing the checker flag come down on her at least once I bet you.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Re: Time flies

Thank you for this great story,I got a great deal of pleasure reading about your venture, and the video's topped it all off.

Where Are You From? Armidale NSW Australia 2350

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, 1924 Durant Rugby, my Fathers first Car.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club