Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Frame back from the blaster, ready to start re-assembly
Wow, I'm excited! Picked up my frame from the blaster last week, she's blasted primed and painted. She looks like she just came out of the factory, still can see the factory part number on it. I used Eastwood Extreme Chassis Black on it and it looks great. I like thi...
Views: 385   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 27, 2014 6:57pm
by Don Atkinson
k
Keith
Voltage regulator for D40 Rugby
I have been running my 29 Rugby on 12 volts for many years using the original 6 volt generator. Probably not technically the best thing to do however it seems to work fine and not cooking the battery. One thing is that the third brush needs to be backed almost righ...
Views: 231   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 25, 2014 4:16am
by Keith Hoffmann
Star Speedster?
Does anyone know who owns this Star Speedster? Rick
Views: 462   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 22, 2014 2:07pm
by Dennis W. Nutter
Engine Gaskets
Where do I find the head and manifold gaskets for the W-5 engine ?
Views: 213   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 22, 2014 4:40am
by Frank Witkowski
p
Patrik
Rugby 1928
Hello durant owners. Me and my father are about to buy a durant rugby 1928. The car looks great, It´s green and black. The headlights are wrong but the right ones comes with the car, But one of the headlights are missing the glass, Is there any things i should b...
Views: 244   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 20, 2014 6:25am
by Mike Linthicum
Proper engine color
Over the years there has always been a debate on the proper engine color for our cars. I was checking EBAY today and there is a 27 Star coupe on there that appears to have the correct gray/green color. Not on the water pump, that appears to be a mismatch, but the act...
Views: 285   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 18, 2014 11:47am
by Norm Toone
Technical Session at Annual Meeting
Hi All....... Phil Peters has agreed to do the Thursday night tech session in Salisbury NC. If you remember he did an excellent one in San Diego on the Model 60. This session will deal with documenting you car. Please bring any info you have on your car....
Views: 204   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 17, 2014 8:07am
by Frank Witkowski
car for sale on ebay
Hi new friends...I am the person who bought the car on ebay and have enjoyed reading your posts...I mostly collect 30-33 cadillacs but could not refuse a big sedan for the mony. I would like to know what the heck i bought...as i read some disscussion about the actu...
Views: 429   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 15, 2014 5:03pm
by Mike Linthicum
Drawing of Durant
Hello All. I was going through some files related to the Durant my Dad once owned...he was Odus G. Raymer. I made a cake in the shape of the Durant for him one year for his birthday. I thought I would share the drawing. It's of his 1931 Durant. The tape has yellowed...
Views: 209   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 15, 2014 10:26am
by Wendy Rose Rayme...
Clutch Adjustment
In the past, I've had trouble grinding gears when down shifting. Now, I can't put the car into first gear without grinding. I've replaced the transmission fluid to no avail. I thought that maybe the friction plate wasn't moving off the flywheel far enough but I ca...
Views: 526   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 10, 2014 5:14pm
by Don Palla
Iola Car show July 10, 11, 12, 13
Hey everyone, Anyone in the Iola WI area attending the car show this week?? You are welcome to stop by and say Hello We are registered as OLDCARLENSES.COM and welcome any Durant Car Club members or anyone with a Durant Related automobile that want to stop by and t...
Views: 197   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 9, 2014 12:34pm
by Larry Fogarazzo
Tillotson Model L1A Carburetor
Does anyone have a spec sheet, diagram or anything else which can aid in the correct assembly of my Tillotson Model L1A Carburetor? It was taken apart by someone and I can't remember how it goes back together. I know there has to be some literature on this thing so...
Views: 282   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 8, 2014 10:08am
by Frank Witkowski
b
Bill
Just To Be Sure On The Year.......
Getting ready to get all my paperwork in order so I just need help from the experts on the correct year for the titles. Star Coupe Model R VIN #E-229XX Engine #14L 42361 Radiator Height - 27-1/2" Lower Hood Panel Height - 18-3/16" Star Sport Roadster Mod...
Views: 342   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 5, 2014 9:34am
by Steve Large
Need Bendix gear for Auto-lite Starter. For 1923 Durant.
Need Bendix Gear for Auto-Lite Starter. For 1923 Durant.
Views: 225   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 2, 2014 6:06pm
by Ken Brink
Transmission oil
How much oil does the transmission in my Star hold?
Views: 277   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 30, 2014 10:12am
by Rick Botti
1925 H-40 Flint Brake info
Anyone have any Information on the brake adjustment procedure for a '25 Flint H-40 having mechanical brakes, this car's brakes are the double shoe type (locomotive?) the brake linkage has an evener to ballance right and left brake cross shafts, it also has some type...
Views: 440   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 29, 2014 8:49pm
by Bill Hoaglan
Connecticut Ignition/Light Switch Diagram
Does anyone have a diagram of the terminals on the back of the ignition/light switch mechanism the A22s like mine used? Or could someone with a similar unit kindly look at how there's is numbered and tell me? Mine had been bypassed, and I'm trying to put it back to...
Views: 366   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 28, 2014 1:52pm
by Todd Frye
A22 Dash Bulb
I got a #64 bulb based on the information on the technical page, but the it is about 1/4" too tall to get the little 'helmet' back on. Can some tell me what kind of shorter bulb I really need?
Views: 262   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 20, 2014 11:56am
by Todd E Frye
Ontario region meet June 28 - July 1
It is not too late to plan on coming to Ontario for the 19th Annual Durant Gathering -- See Club events for details. Hope to see you there. Gord
Views: 201   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 19, 2014 4:19pm
by Gordon F. Curl
Hooray for Carol....
once again our dear Carol takes our club magazine, THE DURANT PARTNER into the lime light as a NATIONAL COMPACT golden winner for 2013.... way to go gal....we all appreciate your work and "LUV YA" regards, Gary k
Views: 318   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 16, 2014 3:55pm
by Charles A. Spitz...
"Rusting DeVaux's" found
In the fhotograph section Rick posted a picture I took up in Wetaskawin, Alberta in 1992. When we went back a few years later (I again had to convince my wife to take a short drive..to the mall)the cars were sold and they did not have records where they went. Well,...
Views: 295   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 14, 2014 12:25pm
by Norm Toone
s
Shawn
Generator Removal - Autolite GJ
So - looking to have the generator rebuilt - model GJ autolite. I'm looking at this and it looks a little complicated. Ideas on the procedure?
Views: 248   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 13, 2014 9:12am
by Frank Witkowski
A-22 Biflex Bumper Brackets
Does anyone perchance have a set of drawings/diagrams of the brackets required to attach the Biflex bumper to the A-22s? Some detailed pictures would be much appreciated in lieu of that if someone could help me out. Thanks. -Todd
Views: 197   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 10, 2014 9:07am
by Todd E Frye
Stewart warner Vacuum and Bendix Drive
I was asked if I could locate a Vacuum Tank Float, the one this person has, has 3 cracks in it. Good Used preferred. I am in need of a working Bendix Drive for our 1923 4 cyl. O.H.V Durant. New or used. Any help is Appreciated. Ken Brink
Views: 248   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 10, 2014 7:56am
by Ken Brink
Cherry Parade w/ one Durant and one Star
Saturday Dennis Murphy and I drove our cars in the San Leandro Cherry Parade. We were invited by the Durant Task Force a community organization of people that live on Durant street alongside the Oakland Durant factory. The Durant water tower is their logo. After...
Views: 322   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 10, 2014 7:03am
by carol
Need a radiator for my 1923 Durant Star
I am in need of a 1923 Star radiator. If you have one please let me know.I just returned home from Iraq and bought a 1923 Durant star truck conversion. I found it in a Kansas barn, very well preserved only surface rust.Mostly original I want to leave as I found it. O...
Views: 313   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 6, 2014 7:04pm
by lloyd franz
Old guy
The other day a friend gave me a stack of "CARS & PARTS" mags from 1971 to 1975 and look at February 1971 volume 14 no. 5 under Clubs and activities I found a listing for Durant, Star, Flint, Frontenac, Rugby. Join the fast growing owners club. Dues $5.00 yearly for...
Views: 293   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 2, 2014 8:48pm
by gary kauffman
Technical Question RE: Brake rod between frame
I'm just about done stripping the frame of all miscellaneous screws, bolts, brake rods, pins etc but have one last thing to remove. I have run into a snag and need some help. Running from one side of the frame to another is a bar that connects to the brake rods that...
Views: 314   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 1, 2014 1:42pm
by Mike Linthicum
Original Break Light switch mounted on frame
Anybody have a picture of or a drawing of what the original break light switch that mounted on the frame looked like. I took one off my frame and not sure if it was an original or not. It was mounted on a small piece of metal that had a screw and nut mounting it to t...
Views: 193   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 1, 2014 1:39pm
by Mike Linthicum
Updates to website
Added new pictures of Dick Krause's 1927 Star Station wagon to Star page. Updated events page, removed past tours. Will update Natioanl Meet info this weekend. Added 100 pictures from the Pacific Coast chapter's Spring Tour. Need pictures from East Coast Tour...
Views: 231   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 25, 2014 5:25am
by Mike Linthicum
Just A Thought This Memorial Day Weekend..........
I fired up the grill near the shed where I am storing the roadster and came up with a thought. I noticed it still has the 1941 Colorado License plate. Could it be that this car belonged to a young man who never came back? Could it be that the family was so devastated...
Views: 217   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 24, 2014 3:29pm
by Yates Milton
distributor gears and housing need replacing
I had my 23 Star C Touring with a W-4 engine out for a drive today when suddenly it lost power and I had to limp home a few miles playing with the timing advance the whole way. After some inspection I discoved the timing was way off. I removed the distributor as i...
Views: 905   Replies: 12
Last Post: May 24, 2014 2:29pm
by Hal Vandevord
Front Bumper.
Hi everyone. So I am waiting for my newly fabricated radiator to arrive this week, I am looking into the missing front bumper on my car. This car was very close to the 1929 production line of M2's, and as such had some parts on it that were 1929. I'm...
Views: 1178   Replies: 10
Last Post: May 21, 2014 9:00am
by Bill Hoaglan
#1 gas
I was advised (by an older man) to put #1 gas in my Star in lieu of regular gas. This is due to gas not being as it once was. I put in a tank of #1 and went for a 40 mile drive, the Star sure seemed to run better. Am I wrecking the engine ? tx guy
Views: 243   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 21, 2014 8:32am
by Ross Hoevet
Brake Material
What is everyone using to reline their brakes. I saw the Keith N sent his out. Has anyone tackled the job themselves? What are you using and does it work? The model 65 has the 3 shoe mechanical brakes. Looks like it has a solid lining on there now, but believe it wou...
Views: 428   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 21, 2014 5:07am
by Mike Linthicum
s
Shawn
Source for Ignition Coil
My coil just bit the dust I believe - recommendations on finding a coil for a 24 star? BTW - when i shake the coil - sounds like liquid is in it.... Thanks in advance. Shawn
Views: 263   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 19, 2014 5:02pm
by Shawn
Locomobile 8-70 firewall
Hello! I'm doing a restoration for 1928 Locomobile 8-70 Sedan. I'm looking for pictures of firewall, because this hasn't one, only wooden wall and frames built by earlier owner. I have an original manual with picture of engine room and it looks like the firewall...
Views: 278   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 19, 2014 5:08am
by Antti Lappalaine...
More Rusty Gold in Oklahoma
Here's another ancient car graveyard uncovered in Enid, OK and will be orchestrated by the Van Der Brink auctions on July 7. A bone yard in operation from About 1945 to 1953. Mostly rust and dreams but may be a good outing. http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/aucti...
Views: 319   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 15, 2014 7:21pm
by Todd E Frye
A-22 Roof Bows
Hello all. My wife and I just returned home from a wonderful 100th Anniversary Kansas White Way Auto Tour this weekend. We got to share the history of Durant Motors with a lot of new people and make the first long drive (~90 miles) in my A-22. Unfortunately, upon...
Views: 243   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 14, 2014 11:30am
by Todd E. Frye
Finally a new radiator for the 1928 Durant M2!
Costly, but the radiator finally arrived from Alabama today. Even better. It actually fits. Now to get a little black paint on it, and get things put back together.
Views: 239   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 13, 2014 10:59pm
by Gerald F
Myron Cummings
I regret that I have to inform the club members of Myron's passing. Myron died of a brain tumor at his home in Owosso, MI. There is a write-up on the funeral homes web-site: www.nelson-house.com. Click on the obituaries. Gary
Views: 297   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 12, 2014 4:23pm
by Gary Yelle
West Coast Tour Starts Today
The West Coast Tour Starts Today! Weather predictions have moved from the temperatures on the 90's to possibly of an isolated thunderstorm in the afternoon. Whew who knows what will happen, but I'm leaving for Mokelumne Hill in a few hours. Ready or not here...
Views: 291   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 11, 2014 10:13am
by Rick Botti
I need two rear wheels for my truck.
Would like to know if anyone has two good wheels to sell with the heavier spokes. i think the previous owner used Model T wheeels on the rear. they are smaller in diameter than the front wheels. please email me at bruceindaytona@yahoo.com or feel free to call at 386-...
Views: 211   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 10, 2014 1:39pm
by Don Shilling
Strasburgh Railroad Antique Car Show July 19th
Hi All..... Got a call from the railroad inviting any members to the "Rolling Antique Auto Event" It is scheduled for Saturday July 19th 2014 from 9:30 on. From the website: Be part of reliving automotive history! We’re transforming the railroad int...
Views: 203   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 9, 2014 2:58am
by Lewis Mendenhall...
Gotta See This Star Car
There is a super cute Star on Ebay. It's listed as a '25 but is actually a 1927. Would make a fabulous parade driver as is. Maybe someone in the Northwest can snatch it up. I sure wish it was closer to me. See Ebay # 281317396641
Views: 445   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 2, 2014 1:44pm
by Don Shilling
Need some help.
I recently inherited a 1926 Durant Star R model with the Continental 14L six cylinder engine from Ron Hast who some you remember from posts some time ago. What I need is information on how to evaluate the worth of this car. It is a restored (some years ago) and is...
Views: 337   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 1, 2014 1:00pm
by Steve Large
I want to drive a Durant song
OK, old time members. On this web site is a couple of club members singing the "I Want to Drive a Durant" song that was published for a Durant sales convention and performed originally back in the 20's. I think it was a husband and wife team that recorded it on a pia...
Views: 231   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 29, 2014 10:55pm
by Ross
DMAC East Coast Chapter Spring Meet!
Starting to make arrangements for the DMAC East Coast Chapter Spring Meet. Looks like this Spring we will be in Northern Indiana. Tentative tours are to the Studebaker Museum and the Hudson Museum. Tentative dates will be April 24th through the 27th but more likely M...
Views: 807   Replies: 29
Last Post: Apr 28, 2014 4:54pm
by Frank Witkowski
Star Station Wagon Owners
Hi All..... Anyone have a running / driving Star Station wagon? I have a TV producer looking for one to feature in an upcoming program, about the first factory station wagon. They are willing to travel anywhere in the US. This is a history type program, not...
Views: 373   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 25, 2014 8:55pm
by Norm Toone
1928 Durant 4 Sale
There is a 1928 Durant model M-4 for sale on EBay right now. ebay # 251513521456 Rick
Views: 302   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 25, 2014 8:07am
by Rick Botti
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

The Durant Motors Automobile Club