Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Down but not Out

OK folks, here's the latest. Some of you may have noticed me not being the best of neighbors and maybe not responding promptly.
I went to a doctor today to arrange to have my plumbing altered in order to partake of a three times weekly dialysis. This condition was noticed about the time I was traveling to NC for the DMAC meet, and having to turn back, and has been going on for about a year. The cause has not been discovered.
Anyways, the outlook is good and I'm actually looking forward to these sessions because I'm tired of being tired all the time and maybe I can get back working on my Stars and Durant projects. The worst part of all this is the dietary restrictions until they get my blood cleaned and new filters installed. I really miss my taters and orange juice for breakfast.
So, if anybody notices any good used kidneys on Craigslist,,,keep me in mind,,,

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Re: Down but not Out

in the interest of our brotherhood....I will add orange juice and Texas 'taters to my breakfasts until you are back up to snuff...who luv's ya baby ?

regards, Gary k

Where Are You From? Pa.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 24 star trg

Keep up the great attitude Don!
I have been down the last 7 weeks with a broken ankle. But! I found a great orthopedic surgeon in West Virginia who specializes in sports injury's and clumsy old people. Like you I just look at my cars a lot and hop around like a 3 legged dog. I will be rock climbing in another 3 weeks!

Get well soon!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill

Where Are You From? Indiana

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1927 Star Six Coupe - 1928 Star Six Sport Roadster

Hi Don;
Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and hope for a quick and good recovery to a normal way of life. Medicine has come a long long way in the past years and they can tackle much more in less time now. Had a friend have a bad case of gallstones, had to have surgery. Went in on a Wednesday, had surgery, they had him walking the next, released him from the hospital and three days later you wouldn't know he even had any surgery. Used to very evasive surgery and recovery would be long. Keep you chin up, do what the doctors say and get well soon. We'll be thinking about ya!

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Hi Don.....

I think the title of your post says it all!

As long as I have know you your attitude has been a "can do" and "never give up". Sounds like that is how you are approaching this current project.

You are a Durantonian and you have a lot of friends, we are with you....

Frank

---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a bunch

I echo frank---you are to busy to quit now--Get all those cars going and we hope to see you at the next meeting.

Don:
All the very best to you. As we say up here in Canada " Keep your stick on the ice" Look after yourself, no body else will.
Sorry you were unable to make the meet in North Carolina. However, we are all pulling for you!

Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac built by Dominion Motors Ltd., Leaside

Thanks guys,,, snnniff,,, I appreciate all that. And on a super bright note, I finally got my grandson enlisted in the Navy !!!!!! He's going to school as an AO. He gets to play with bombs, rockets, missiles, and machine guns and anything else that goes boom and hangs on an airplane for at least the next 8 years and he's wired about it. He'll boot at Pensacola and more than likely get a carrier.

Don,
What a great attitude.........Hurry up and get the carbon out of the exhaust pipe... Missed you at NC Meet.

Yates

Where Are You From? Newport, NC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1924 Flint E-55

Gordon is right....pull your stick out of your ice and keep on going.....

Where Are You From? Pa.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 24 star trg

Well, I went to the surgeon doctor this morning at 6 am. Boy, there sure is a lot of sick people in this town so I was lucky to get there a bit early and get a seat, I was number 5,,,,,,, I think the seats were purchased at an inquisition sale. One hour stretched into two, three, and then four. Then finally found me a bed at 10:00 and spent an hour prepping me. This is much better and a lot quieter. I slept from 11:00 to 2:00, called home with the news that my turn was on the horizon, maybe. I then slept until 4:00 at witch time my nurse came for me and we went to surgery prep. A short time later we went into the surgery room and the knock out doctor placed an oxygen mask on me, no big deal, but that was just an excuse to turn on another valve and I departed the known Solar System. Twenty seconds later I awoke to the sensation of being tossed off of a rapid merry go round. This was about a quarter to six. Everything went perfectly and the staff was excellent. By the way, the operation was to install a fistula in my left wrist to allow a proper hookup for the dialysis hoses.
I haven't eaten since about 6:00 yesterday nor drank any liquid since 9:00pm yesterday. First thing when I was sober enough was to call Shirley, (my wife) and order three eggs, two sausages, and a can of biscuits, and a pitcher of tea. I still can't have taters or milk yet.
So, 12 hours in the hospital I'm back home, well fed, and a warm wood fire in the pot belly stove. If I only had a running Star, life couldn't be any better on a chilly East Texas night.

HAPPY VETERANS DAY TO USN'S ALL !!!!!!!!!!!

The Durant Motors Automobile Club