Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Super Bowl Pepsi Commercial

This is a link to the 2014 Pepsi commercial for the Super Bowl. There is a vintage car in the background and you need to slow down or stop the video to get even a reasonable view. Can anyone identify the car?

http://www.superbowl-commercials.org/31969.html

Where Are You From? NJ CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes four of them

Re: Super Bowl Pepsi Commercial

What do you think? Early 1920's Peerless maybe. Radiator emblem looks kind of like a shield with either an "F" or a "P" on it. Doesn't fit any of the early 20's or late teen Franklins.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

My guess would be a 1924 Oldsmobile.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Where Are You From? Yuma, AZ / Leavenworth, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? '23 A-22 Touring / '29 D-60 coupe / '25 Flint H-40

Doesn't appear to be Peerless either looking at Google pics of Peerless cars. None have that rad shell shape. Both Franklin and Peerless have that raised type fenders but isn't either.
Is it a steamer with all that smoke ?

You nailed it Bill .. 1924 Oldsmobile same rad as in Google 1924 Olds

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carphotosbyrichard/4222725938/

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

I do not know what the car is, that is why I posted the video to get my friends to assist. But so far the comments have been interesting.

Where Are You From? NJ CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes four of them

The site pic I put had same rad shell, rectangle bumper medallions, raised fender centers.
From all the smoke it could have been a steamer or an oil burning Ford. Perhaps it was choking on Pepsi rather than a smooth Coke a Cola. lol

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club