Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1928 Durant Needed for Concours in Michigan

Hi All......

I got the following request for a 1928 Durant product for this event. It is in the Detroit area and by invitation only.

If you are interested contact me for further information....

The show is on Fathers Day, Sunday June 15th. The show is very nice, at Eleanor Fords Estate along a secluded cove on Lake Saint Clair, plus there is a TON of stuff to see and do locally for a true car nut like us. That said, the car we need would have to be pretty nice since it is a Concours type invitational type event. There will be alot of very nice high end cars, as well as the usual rare muscle cars and exotic imports and sports cars. This class is a little unique for this type event. Centering on the "workin" class type cars, $500-$900 priced cars from that era, from Whippet to Nash.

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? A few

Re: 1928 Durant Needed for Concours in Michigan

Is there any difference from a 1929, except the colors on the radiator badge? Why specifically a 1928?

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: 1928 Durant Needed for Concours in Michigan

Good Point cdmn......

I asked them the same question.

Seems the focus of a segment of this show is "working man's cars of 1928" thus they are stuck on the 1928 year.

I doubt many attendees would know the difference between a 28 or 29, they would also have more to choose from..........

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes a few

The Durant Motors Automobile Club