Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
t
Tony
Found: A22A-606 Block
Greetings, I have an engine block that appears to be from a Durant. It's stamped A22A-606 on one side. Per the forum thread http://server1.chevytalk.com/~tony/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/165383/post/last/, one instance is from a 1924 Durant. It's unclear from the t...
Views: 322   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 11, 2017 6:11pm
by Tony
Members ill and under the weather.
Hello Durantonians! Please keep two of our long time great members in your thoughts and prayers. Both have had medical issues that have knocked them down a bit and need our support as well as any prayers anyone wishes to give. Canadian members Louis Quenneville from...
Views: 248   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 2, 2017 3:05pm
by kenn young
Paint colors
Would you know the paint colors used on 1924 Star Touring?
Views: 373   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 5, 2017 5:03am
by Norm Toone
Durant in LA traffic
Car on the left appears to be a 1928-29 Durant. Photo caption is: Girl waiting for bus on Beverly Boulevard, intersection at Van Ness, July 17, 1931 Los Angeles Picture is from website called vintage everyday: http://www.vintag.es/2017/05/67-impressive-photos-ca...
Views: 269   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 29, 2017 12:32pm
by Norm Toone
Chrome Paint
Has anyone had any experience with chrome (silver) paint on car parts? Had idea of testing some car parts that are on my 24 Flint. The Basic Chrome Kit cost around $460.00. It will not match the durability of electroplating but cost is way less expensive. Yates
Views: 390   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 24, 2017 8:59am
by dave enrico
b
Bill M
Radiator ID help
Hey there everyone. Full disclosure, I'm not a Durant guy, but do love old cars and restored them for many years. Recently when exploring a local salvage shop that sells everything from furniture to toilets, I uncovered this old radiator, and some internet research l...
Views: 311   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 14, 2017 10:08pm
by Bert Babick
Durant Racing team at Beverly Hills Raceway
Durant Racing team Beverly Hills Raceway Picture of the Durant Racing team. This photo and a little more info from the Water and Power Associates organization of Los Angeles. According to their website, Durant Drive in the City of Beverly Hills was named after t...
Views: 185   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 14, 2017 11:10am
by Ross Hoevet
The rest of the story of "Higby"
Hi all: I wrote a article in the Durant Partner some time back on Higby (cannot remember when). Now I can tell new club members about the adventure. In March of 2006 Michelle M. made a post on the forum about her dad wanting to sell this "old car" he had. He h...
Views: 275   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 5, 2017 9:38pm
by Bill Hoaglan
p
Parker
Windshield wiper for a 1928 M2
What kind of wiper do I need so I can attach the wiper to a 1929 trico vacuum motor the car I have is a 1928 Durant M2
Views: 244   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 4, 2017 7:39am
by Bill Hoaglan
m
mike b
Pacific coast chapter spring fling
Just a quick reminder that the last day for reservations for the hotel we'll be staying at during the West Coast Spring Fling is 3/24/2017. Hope to see you there!
Views: 533   Replies: 15
Last Post: May 3, 2017 3:53pm
by Mike Babick
Nice 31 Durant for sale on Ebay, check it out
Hey Durantonians, nice 1931 Durant for sale on EBAY, says it's a 31 614, looks like it would not take much to make it a fine car for show or fun. It looks like Ray Zenz ( I think it was spelled that way) old car with the "Pullman" seat option. What do you think?
Views: 470   Replies: 10
Last Post: May 2, 2017 8:26pm
by Ross Hoevet
GM Opens the Restored Durant-Dort Factory
GM Opens Historic Durant-Dort Factory One Includes archive and research center and community meeting space 2017-05-01 Print Print Send Email Word Share Add This FLINT, Mich. — General Motors today opened the restored Durant-Dort Factory...
Views: 202   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 2, 2017 6:50am
by Mike Linthicum
Items needed for History Channel production
I have been corresponding with a production company making a documentary about early American automotive history and they are very interested in including William C. Durant in their production. The archivist who is obtaining photographs etc will be using some items f...
Views: 263   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 29, 2017 9:36am
by Mike Linthicum
DMAC East Coast Chapter Spring Meet April 20 -23, 2017, Bowling Green, Kentucky
OK, there should be no excuse this time for not attending the East Coast Spring meet in Bowling Green, Kentucky. The date will be April 20th through the 23rd 2017. I will provide hotel information as soon as I can negotiate the best deal for everyone and lock in the...
Views: 944   Replies: 30
Last Post: Apr 24, 2017 7:04pm
by Don Shilling
Vacation to the plating shop
I was curious how the plating process worked and a Michigan plating shop was kind enough to invite me back to the shop to take part in the plating of my Durant parts. I decided to put a terrible video up of how the parts are done. I was really happy with the shop...
Views: 366   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 24, 2017 4:15pm
by Mike Linthicum
Ready to Rumble!
On April 21, 2017 an epic road race was conducted between a 1928 Durant and a 1931 Devaux. Anticipation was high during the great race of epic proportions! Sweat was heavy on the drivers brow as the cars were neck and neck through the finish line! Who do you think wo...
Views: 179   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 24, 2017 7:03am
by Mike Linthicum
Durant Dort Carriage Company
Hello - I am interested in getting a copy of a Durant-Dort Carriage Company catalog. They used to publish the catalogs and they were on the order of about 150 pages. Thank you.
Views: 218   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 18, 2017 5:22am
by Mike Linthicum
Distributor for 27/28 Star 4 cylinder
Hello Club Members; I was contacted today by a restoration shop in Pennsylvania who is trying to get a Star owners car running for him. It's a 4 cylinder and it's missing the distributor. Anyone out there have one. I'll hook you two up and you can work out a deal...
Views: 324   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 18, 2017 5:20am
by Mike Linthicum
Flint seals
I reciently installed modern seals in my '25 Flint H-40 Trans. and Pinion housing....Our Local bearing house was very helpful selecting the seals...For the Trans I selected a lip seal having the correct shaft size (seal I.D.) then looked for the smallest cross sectio...
Views: 268   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 9, 2017 10:25pm
by Rick Botti
d
Dennis
Fan Belt
Happy Holidays Everyone!! What fan belt are you using for a 29 Durant 14L 6Cyl.? Bought serpentine belt from late model car from NAPA. Can't keep it tight. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Views: 570   Replies: 11
Last Post: Apr 5, 2017 5:16pm
by Phil Peters
wood spokes
I'm working on the rear wheels of my Star and have discovered that there is a big difference between the front hubs and the rear hubs. I have no rear spokes as the axle,when I got it, had nothing but stubs back there and no fellows. Front axle has 21 inch wheels and...
Views: 288   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 2, 2017 7:51pm
by Don Shilling
steering column
The steering column on my D40 has a bend in it. Is it supposed too? I wouldn't think so as they have concentric rods that have to turn inside each other. The steering wheel does not want to come off either. I fear that I will break it if I hammer on it too much. Any...
Views: 229   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 30, 2017 2:32pm
by Jim Cooke
New Owner Needs Assistance
I am the new owner of a running 1928 M2 4 Door Sedan. It has many issues and will eventually need an engine, transmission, and differential rebuild. I have already utilized much of the great technical information on this site, however I would like to know if there ar...
Views: 292   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 30, 2017 6:27am
by Jim Cooke
Complete Repair Manual
Where can I get a complete teardown and rebuild repair manual for a Durant 1928 M2 (W5 Motor.
Views: 277   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 24, 2017 11:19am
by Bill Hoaglan
Vacuum Tank Valves or Rebuild
The Air and Suction valves are leaking on my vacuum tank. Is there a source for replacement valves or someone who refurbishes the tank.
Views: 228   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 23, 2017 6:47pm
by Don Shilling
m
mike b
1st annual shakedown tour
I want to thank all participants for attending the 1st annual shake down tour. We descended upon schellville airport and took pictures with wwI and wwII aircraft. We toured beautiful Sonoma valley and ended up at skypark airport, where we had a pilots style lunch. Af...
Views: 227   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 13, 2017 12:07pm
by Tom Schaffer
j
John
Durant title
I've been searching high and low for a Durant title. Would prefer a 23 But may consider other year. Anyone out there that can help me Please contact me at 269-362-8184. Thanks. John
Views: 330   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 12, 2017 7:15pm
by Lewis Mendenhall...
Recommendation for replacement carburator
I have a 1928 M2 and the pot metal is broken on my carburetor where the needle valve screws in on the bottom. I have tried JB weld and cannot get it to stop leaking. Thus far I can not find a replacement Tillotson R-6A carburetor and would like to know if anyone can...
Views: 318   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 12, 2017 11:18am
by Rick Botti
DeVaux Boattail
I had a nice conversation earlier today with the man that bought the DeVaux from San Diego some years back. A few years ago he sold it to thin out his collection. A man in another state is now selling some of his cars. Going back on the history of the car it all...
Views: 245   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 11, 2017 4:47pm
by Norm Toone
DMAC meet, June 29 - July 2, 2017
Now Hear Ye, Hear ye. Once again, for the 22nd consecutive year, The Durant Motors Automobile Club, Canadian group will be holding a camp out, tours, good fun etc etc beginning June 29 and ending July 2.2017 in GUELPH. Come and join in the camping,good fun, tours et...
Views: 248   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 10, 2017 7:35pm
by Jack & Mary Conn...
Reminder on DMAC Forum Posts
Just a friendly reminder that the DMAC Forum is a place for all to post inquiries and information about the cars of William C. Durant and all the associated cars. The purpose is to exchange ideas, restoration tips and knowledge on how to keep our cars running and to...
Views: 222   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 10, 2017 4:48pm
by Tom
New & Improved Club Store
It's Here, the New & Improved DMAC Online Store! Just click the DMAC Store button on the left panel and tell me what you think Rick
Views: 247   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 10, 2017 6:56am
by Mike Linthicum
r
Ross
Boattail on ebay
Ebay collector car "other makes" section lists a DeVaux boattail roadster "salt racer" for sale.Good description on the DeVaux corporation, not much on this actual car except listing it's features. Doesn't say anything about the Ford flathead that was installed. Kind...
Views: 671   Replies: 22
Last Post: Mar 9, 2017 9:57pm
by Rick Botti
r
Ross
hood fit
I was just looking at our beautiful DMAC calendar and noticed something that made me feel a little bit better about an issue that has bothered me for years. The hood to cowl fit on my 6-14 has never lined up great. The reveal moulding on the left side is off by maybe...
Views: 195   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 7, 2017 10:58am
by Ross
Running Boards
I'm looking at a 1927 Star Six 4 door on line. The gentleman that's selling the car sent me some pics of the car. A couple of the pics were chassis shots and I noticed that this car has wooden running boards. Durants are new to me, so please forgive my ignorance, but...
Views: 340   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 5, 2017 5:16am
by Norm Toone
wood spokes
I'm working on the rear wheels of my Star and have discovered that there is a big difference between the front hubs and the rear hubs. I have no rear spokes as the axle,when I got it, had nothing but stubs back there and no fellows. Front axle has 21 inch wheels and...
Views: 208   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 4, 2017 7:57am
by David Coppess
West Coast Events
Calling all Durantonians, I want to bring to your attention that I've updated the Club Events section. On March 11th the Pacific Coast chapter will hold a one day tour we're calling the Shake Down Tour. We'll drive through the Napa Wine country to prepare for...
Views: 433   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 3, 2017 5:22am
by mike
New Locomobile Technical Advisor!
I'd like to let everyone know that I've appointed Michael Babick as our new Locomobile Tech Advisor. Yes you all know the name, might as well snag all the Babick's into the fold don't ya think!. Mike has graciously volunteered for the position. Rick can you change th...
Views: 387   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 27, 2017 9:10am
by mike
Old Durant Dealership
I'm wondering if there is a list of Durant dealerships in the state of Missouri. I know there were dealerships in St. Louis and Springfield, however there were Durant automobiles sold in Concordia, Missouri as well. I don't know if this dealer was exclusive or mayb...
Views: 200   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 23, 2017 6:47pm
by Gerald Nierman
A22 Oil Can
For years I have thought my A-22 (1921 - 22 NY Car) has sported the original oil can on the firewall. Recently, there has been a bit of doubt pushed my way. I have researched on the internet and found pictures of the 22 sold at auction in 2016 and the red 23 which...
Views: 226   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 21, 2017 5:40am
by Lewis Mendenhall
Exhaust Seal
Looking for help in finding an exhaust seal or gasket for my 24 Flint E-55. Outside diameter is 2 3/4". Gasket fits inside exhaust manifold. Any ideas would be very helpful. Yates
Views: 383   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 13, 2017 5:47am
by Yates Milton
Paint
I am looking for paint codes that match the Alhambra tan and Alhambra tan deep. I have the IM-908 and IM-233 but they mean nothing to the local paint shops. Does anyone know of modern paint codes that are close to the original. I have spent hours on line without luck.
Views: 616   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 9, 2017 5:34am
by Jim Cooke
Window Channel Felt
I have not come up with anything solid for the window channels. I could buy the metal channels and felt but I would have to pull the whole door apart to put them in. The second idea was a rubber u-channel more like today's designs. I found them but then you run into...
Views: 255   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 3, 2017 10:01pm
by Bill Hoaglan
Happy New Year
Hi All A very Happy and Prosperous New Year to all our American Cousins from those up here in the great white north! We have had more snow this year in December than we had all last year. I am very fortunate to have a good neighbour with a snowblower and he has...
Views: 379   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 2, 2017 5:35am
by Walter Pre
Valve adjustment problem
The last two valves on my W5 won't stay in adjustment. After ten minutes of running the gap disappears. I've set them three times as has a professional restorer. He thinks the valves may be receding into the block. Anyone have any ideas what may be happening? An...
Views: 418   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 1, 2017 4:51am
by S. Blomquist
s
Shane
W5 Engine Rear Main Seal Block
Does anyone know of another source, other than from Mike Butters, for the replacement of the diecast block for the rear main engine seal for a W5 engine? I've been trying to communicate with Mike Butters for over 6 months about whether he has something suitable....
Views: 346   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 30, 2017 12:29am
by Lance Haynes
l
Luke
A22 Durant pistons
Hello would any one know what pistons would fit a a22 durant engine as I can't find any originals in Australia, please any help would be appreciated , thanks
Views: 317   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 29, 2017 4:28pm
by Graham Mock
Tire Size
While scanning a factory picture of a 1929 Roadster like mine, I noticed the tire size on the side of the tires. The size was 29x5.00/19, I have not seen it expressed that way before. I know what 5.00 and 19 stand for, But I don't know what the number 29 represents....
Views: 386   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 26, 2017 10:55am
by Norm Toone
r
Ross
1926 Miller Locomobile Junior 8 Special
This month's Sports Car Market (march 2017) has a picture and small writeup on this racecar(page 60). Owned by the Driehaus collection, it won first in clas in the early competion class. Nice looking ride. Anyone here know about this car? A nice looking ride. Ross
Views: 212   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 26, 2017 8:25am
by Ross
Phil Peters phone number?
I am trying to contact Phil and cant get through to him. I think he must have got rid of his phone and is using a cel phone-But I dont know his number. Can anyone help ? Ken McC0rmick
Views: 226   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 25, 2017 7:23am
by Phil Peters
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

The Durant Motors Automobile Club