Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I have a one of a kind boat built from a 1928 star car.

I have a boat that a gentle man built in 1928 from a star car. I'm not sure what model exactly. I believe everything but the body and tires were used. It has the original motor and transmission both seats and steering wheel. Looks very similar to a Chris craft. The man built it for his daughter, Lily, graduation in 1928 in myrtle creek Oregon I believe. I'm trying to get information on it and since it's one of a kind that's very hard to do. I know it has no value as a car as it's a boat now. Does anyone know how to find out what model star car was used and maybe how to value it? We are the second owners. It was bought in 1997 from lily when she was 80. Any information would be great. I have pics but not sure how to post them here. Thanks in advance. Can't wait to hear what you've got to say.

Where Are You From? Oregon

Do You own a car built by Durant? Kind of

Re: I have a one of a kind boat built from a 1928 star car.

How to post pictures is at top of Forum.
As far as model Star we might guess if we had the engine info like, if a W4 or W5 engine shown on the casting info, date of casting m / d / yr, engine serial.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

Pictures would be nice. I can tell from the frame details what the year would be. Also, I'm curious to see how the frame was incorporated into a boat!

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several plus 1

This is the sort of thing I go a little crazy over. While I never thought of it before I now want a boat built from a Durant car. To pull behind a Durant of course. Please Santa....PLEASE!!,
Anxious to see the pictures. Thank you for sharing this with the group.

Where Are You From? Brighton MI

Brian are you on Santa's naughty or nice list?

Where Are You From? Grand Rapids, MI

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star, 1928 Durant

Bill DeVries
Brian are you on Santa's naughty or nice list?
Lol. I’ll ask her tonight. Right after I by her a steak.

Where Are You From? Brighton MI

The Durant Motors Automobile Club