Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Spring Meet East Coast Chapter
Here is some information you have been waiting for. The meet will begin Thursday May 12th with departure on Sunday May 15th in Kalamazoo, Michigan. We will be staying at Candlewood Suites at 3443 Retail Place Drive, Kalamazoo, MI 49048. Phone number 1-269-270-3203 an...
Views: 909   Replies: 18
Last Post: May 15, 2011 10:52am
by Tom & Karen Edmo...
Wiper motor
Does anyone know what vacuum wiper motor # or replaceable subsitute for 1926 Star 4? Thanks for any suggestions.
Views: 202   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 14, 2011 7:45am
by Kerry Lewis
Pacific Coast Chapter Tour Pictures
Here are a few pictures from this weeks tour. We leave for home tomorrow and have had a wonderful time gold country. Rick
Views: 204   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 13, 2011 3:43pm
by Yates Milton
Kazoo Trip
I've got everything loaded, set aside, lined up, and otherwise sorted out. All I have to do now is Hook n Haul and try to find a way across the Mississippi River. I-40 is still flooded out at the White River between Little Rock and Memphis but there are a few alterna...
Views: 291   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 10, 2011 5:45pm
by Frank Witkowski
Pacific Coast Gold Rush Tour
The dates are set for the Pacific Coast Chapter Gold Rush Tour, May 10-13 in Sonora, California. We'll stay at: Best Western Sonora Oaks 19551 Hess Avenue Sonora, CA 95370-9720 (209) 533-4400 www.bestwesterncalifornia.com‎ There will be lots to s...
Views: 651   Replies: 13
Last Post: May 10, 2011 9:56am
by Rick Botti
Fuel problems
In getting the Star out of storage for the Gold Country Tour I ran into two problems. First, a copper line had broken at the fitting. This is the second time this has happened. Were the lines originally copper? Would steel be better? The same for the vacuum li...
Views: 251   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 10, 2011 9:06am
by Bill Hoaglan
voltage cut outs
I have gone through 3 voltage cut outs (TSC 0236465) every time I run the car I get max amps only when I run with the headlight on it drops to around 10 amps and when i turn the key off i get a 10 amp draw. I pull the wire off the cut out and the draw goes away.Do yo...
Views: 222   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 8, 2011 5:00pm
by Don Gaskill
exhaust system for 614 Durant
Reg and I are trying to get the exhaust systems for our 614 roadsters built. We tried Walrons who said they have the pattern but now they say can't find the pattern. they say that they are willing to travel to measure one if we can find an intact 614 exhaust within...
Views: 306   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 1, 2011 3:52pm
by Mike Linthicum
Factory & Period Durant Photographs needed.
I'm looking for period photographs of the following Durant Plants, Lansing, Elizabeth and Oakland. Would like to have pictures of the outside of the plant and inside photographs would be OK too. I'm also looking for factory photographs such as promotional pictures, a...
Views: 202   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 27, 2011 7:47pm
by GARY KAUFFMAN
New Pictiures
Gary Kauffman's new 614 Coach is now on the Durant Photographs page. Rick
Views: 449   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 26, 2011 2:57am
by Norm Toone
619 Durant____For Sale/Trade
Hello Everyone, I've been the proud owner of this 619 durant Vin#1010 for about 4 years now but am coming to the realization that it probably needs to be in someone elses hands. I'm into chopping and sectioning old 30's cars and building traditional 50's era style...
Views: 362   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 25, 2011 7:37pm
by Adam Hipple
Automobile Quiz
DMAC Members: This is a link to an automobile quiz. It was fun to see home many we could identify. Have fun! www.americantorque.com:game:car-show-50s:.webloc Charlie and Peggy
Views: 357   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 25, 2011 7:32am
by Gordon F. Curl
1926 star coupster
i have a 1926 star coupster never been touched!Parked in 1950 running.Needs paint new leather on top but everything is there trying to find out what its worth
Views: 4124   Replies: 18
Last Post: Apr 25, 2011 3:07am
by Norm Toone
Holiday
Happy Easter
Views: 179   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 24, 2011 7:13pm
by Rory & Stephanie...
Club
Would like to join club.Not Sure where to do so.
Views: 244   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 24, 2011 9:14am
by Dave Schulte
c
Chris
SELLING 1925 STAR COUPSTER
I have a 1925 star coupster for sale mostly complete some extra parts.Let me know
Views: 405   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 17, 2011 5:08pm
by Don Gaskill
Price?
A friend of mine is looking at a 1928 Durant Star. The car has been garaged all these years and is in good shape for it's age. Everything is still original. We were wondering what would be a good price to pay for the car. If the owner wanted $5,000. Would that b...
Views: 200   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 17, 2011 5:06pm
by Don Gaskill
Hobnobbing with the STARs in Texarkana
My friend Jerry and I are on an extended road trip through the US in my old Dodge, and we spent a pleasant day in Texarkana earlier this week. Met Don Skilling and Butch James, had a look at their '27 Coupe projects, got some much-needed items for my friend's '24 F T...
Views: 238   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 15, 2011 7:52am
by Chris Bamford
Star Coupe on Ebay
I emailed the seller of the 1926 Star Coupe, auction # 190521096244, concerning the doors on the car. These doors have a belt line bead whereas the rest of the body is plain with no bead. His reply was: That is the way it left the factory. I can tell you that they a...
Views: 323   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 14, 2011 8:36pm
by GARY KAUFFMAN
1926 Durant Star Four Coupe
Trying to post pics for you http://s1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd415/kerry10456/
Views: 549   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 14, 2011 6:22pm
by Frank Witkowski
rear fenders
I'm going to be replacing my rear fenders on my 26 Star coupster. My old fenders are in ok shape need work. would be a nice pair for someone in need of a set.would like too get 100.00 dollars for the pair if anyone interested they are still on the car at this point.c...
Views: 227   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 14, 2011 1:26pm
by Mike Rice
Ash lumber - Body
I have recently begun the disassembly and restoration process of the Durant body to replace some of the rotted wood in the lower areas. Research shows that the Hayes-Hunt Co. used Ash wood for its good qualities (ie., strong, lightweight, minimum warpage, and minimum...
Views: 400   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 11, 2011 3:29am
by S. Blomquist
Garage Clean-out
I have 4 dish wheels, rims & tires off my 1923 Durant. The tires hold air but are dryrotted. The removable split rims have been tack welded to the dish wheel. I think the welds could be cut to go back to original, but not sure. 2 wheels have no center hub & 2 wheels...
Views: 243   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 8, 2011 4:35pm
by Jack Malpass
1924 Star F, Distributor Questions...
I am helping a friend get this car into shape for a road trip in September. He understands these distributors are prone to failure as the pot-metal bodies age and weaken. I would like to get more knowledgeable on this... • Are there particular areas that...
Views: 341   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 8, 2011 10:28am
by Chris Bamford
Durant Coupe
Anybody know what ever happened with the guy the NW that had a Durant rumble seat coupe sliced in about 6 parts? Thanks
Views: 272   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 8, 2011 9:31am
by Bill Hoaglan
Gas tank sealer
Read the recent post from Bob Smith on his gas tank problem and was curious what many have used to seal the inside of the gas tank. I finally got all the crud (old fuel) out of the bottom of the tank and it is pretty clean. The one side near the tube area has some ro...
Views: 294   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 6, 2011 6:14am
by Mike Linthicum
Mining Equiment with Durant STAR engine
Never heard of Durant until I saw one of their engines at a museum yesterday in Tonopah, Nevada. Thought it might be of interest to some.
Views: 285   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 4, 2011 7:27am
by Mark Holloway
durant 1930 ? 6-14 coach for sale
hello men, i am going to see a 1930 coach next weekend...i will get pictures...is anyone looking for a solid durant?....it might be worth wthe $3600 he is asking...i will lt you know after i see it...the coach is the blind quarter windowed four door sedan..this one...
Views: 271   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 3, 2011 7:49pm
by GARY KAUFFMAN
'24 Star F, questions about water pump drive, ring and pinion
Hello all, I hope someone can help with the following... The water pump drive on this car is missing and has been since my friend bought the car a few years ago. He has not driven it much, but says it has never overheated. The water pump itself is seized up solid,...
Views: 521   Replies: 12
Last Post: Apr 3, 2011 6:15pm
by Don Shilling
gas tank repair
Hello I noticed some seepage from the tank on the A-22. At first it seemed to be coming from the drain plug. In an effort to remove the cast iron drain plug (which is just crumbling) The leak really seems to be where the fitting is soldered to the tank. This...
Views: 230   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 3, 2011 6:05pm
by Rick Botti
My husbands car
I have a car I need to get rid of because the city of Big Ditch has told me to bring my house up to code or have it condemned and it's not worth it. I'm going to move in with my granddaughter. The car belonged to my husband and he left in in the garage in 1942 when h...
Views: 345   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 3, 2011 4:55pm
by Don Shilling
Durants for Sale
Aside from that young man in Texarakana, AR, Durants and Stars are coming on the market. There are two projects on Ebay and one restored at hemmings.com. The hemmings car is a 1929 model 60 Coach the url is below. http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/d...
Views: 297   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 1, 2011 9:29pm
by Rick Botti
1° Latin American Durant / Rugby Meeting
Next Sunday March 13, we will starting with our First Latin American Durant Meeting Plans are being made for full day a San Vicente City (60 Km south of Buenos Aires City) Up to now we have confirmed 15 owners of Durant cars and some others who cannot assist , b...
Views: 519   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 25, 2011 8:39am
by Mike Linthicum
I am sad to report
I just received an email from Gary Warden's daughter Haley. She said that her father Gary Warden passed away this past Tuesday. It was a sudden, massive heart attack and he died instantly. There was no suffering. Gary owned a 1929 Model 60 Roadster made in O...
Views: 418   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 22, 2011 9:16am
by Bill Hoaglan
'24 Star F, question about pistons
Hello all I have the oil pan off my friend's Star touring to check bearing clearances and look for any future trouble spots. The engine has aluminum pistons, and I suspect they are replacements although our period literature does not specify the original piston ma...
Views: 203   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 20, 2011 7:13am
by Chris Bamford
New to Forum, working on '24? Star Touring
Hello all — I am helping a friend get his 1924 (possibly) Star Model F Touring ready for a road trip later this summer. This is my first brush with the Durant family of motorcars, but I've been involved in the hobby for years and run several other-brand vintage...
Views: 745   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 18, 2011 9:55pm
by Chris Bamford
Thoughts and Prayers to our fellow Durantonians in New Zealand
I know it is not exactly where they live, but let's hope that Graham and June Mock went unscathed in the recent earthquake in New Zealand. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all!
Views: 265   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 17, 2011 8:15pm
by Graham Mock
Coming to Australia
I'm flying to Australia on business Friday (U.S. time) and may have the weekend after that(27 and 28 March) to myself in the Sydney area. If there is a Durant event (or any old car event) then I'd appreciate hearing about it. Thanks.
Views: 246   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 17, 2011 6:38pm
by Phil Donoghoe
Stone gaurd for a 1930 Durant
Lee at the Brassworks emailed me this morning and said the following: "We are trying to clear out all of our stoneguards. We have a 1930 Durant Stoneguard produced sometime ago. It has some surface rust and needs to be re-plated. It needs a home and we are discoun...
Views: 503   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 17, 2011 12:38pm
by Norm Toone
DMAC is now a recognized IRS 501(c)(3) organization
Just wanted to post and let everyone know that for our U.S. members the DMAC is now a recognized 501(c)(3) Non-profit organization with the United States Internal Revenue Service. This means that U.S. Members may now donate money, historic items, cars etc to the DMAC...
Views: 206   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 17, 2011 12:24pm
by Mike Linthicum
Fenders
I find that my fenders are so badly banged up that it would be very much easier to get new fenders. I really need both front fenders and the drivers side rear fender as well. Is there anyone out there that would sell a few to me?? I have been looking to find some bo...
Views: 320   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 16, 2011 8:38am
by Bill Hoaglan
1st. Latin America Durant product owners meet
What a nice Sunday we had meeting with Rugby and Durant owners. Thanks to Walter that hosted the meeting receiving in his house proud owners and cars. More information and pictures will be sent to Durant Partner. Ricardo
Views: 207   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 15, 2011 2:10pm
by ricardo
Skinned Knuckles Article
Hi All...... If you get Skinned Knuckles magazine, be sure to check out their new "Club Corner" feature. This is the first issue that they have this feature, Thanks to Bob Smith"s effort the DMAC is the first club featured. Thanks for the effort Bob. I...
Views: 215   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 14, 2011 6:18am
by Frank Witkowski
DeVaux For Sale
I recently heard of a 1932 DeVaux coupe w/rumble seat that is for sale. It's located in the middle of California; it's in pieces, but complete. If you're interested, or know of someone who might be, contact me and we'll start working on it.
Views: 228   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 12, 2011 2:32pm
by John Willoughby
Wanted - Horn mounting bracket
Wanted- Looking for a mounting bracket for horn mounted to engine. To replace homemade job. 1930-31 22A Rick
Views: 373   Replies: 9
Last Post: Mar 10, 2011 1:56pm
by Rick Botti
Exhaust system rebuild
Durant owners or anyone with information, I could use your help for this stage of the restoration. I am presently working on the exhaust system for my Durant D75 sedan and am making progress after rebuilding the muffler with the "factory" built-in cutout. What I need...
Views: 312   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 10, 2011 7:44am
by Mike Linthicum
Thoughts and Prayers for Norm Toone's wife Di
All, From Norm Toone, 22 Feb 11; "Haven't been pesting you folks lately as Di is on life support since Feb 8th. Got called in at 3 am 2nd day as I almost lost her. They have no idea what's wrong with her, still. Had an op biopsy last night from outside the lungs a...
Views: 509   Replies: 15
Last Post: Mar 9, 2011 11:21am
by Jack & Mary Conn...
Help Durant Park in Lansing, Mich. host a Durant Motors car show!
Good afternoon, My name is Kelli Ford and I am an intern working with the Friends of Durant Park in Lansing, Mich. Our group is dedicated to increasing usage and visibility of Durant Park within the Lansing community. Durant Park has very historical roots connecte...
Views: 297   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 8, 2011 10:51am
by Kelli Ford
Bearings for Star Steering Gear Box
I received a call from Al Hale from Dallas, Texas. He does not do the internet but is looking for a set of bearings for his star. Said he called Don and Frank but they couldn't help, so if anyone has a lead or has some get in contact with me and I'll give you his tel...
Views: 276   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 4, 2011 10:33am
by Henri Houle
Looking for Rad Shell
I pulled the radiator shell off of the 619 last week and discovered a fair amount of damage to the bottom of the shell. I know the chances are slim, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Does anyone have a radiator shell that will fit a 1931 model 619 in better shape??...
Views: 622   Replies: 12
Last Post: Feb 27, 2011 4:43pm
by Norm Toone
36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

The Durant Motors Automobile Club