Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Spring Meet East Coast Chapter

Here is some information you have been waiting for. The meet will begin Thursday May 12th with departure on Sunday May 15th in Kalamazoo, Michigan. We will be staying at Candlewood Suites at 3443 Retail Place Drive, Kalamazoo, MI 49048. Phone number 1-269-270-3203 and the rate is $89.00 per night. Reservations must be made before April 18, 2011. We will be taking a trip to the Gilmore Car Museum as well as other activites still being planned. If anyone is flying in the best airport would be Detroit Metro. If you have any questions please fell free to contact me at 1-698-6948 or wjdv6948@juno.com Looking forward to another great meet. Bill

Where Are You From? Grand Rapids, Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star, 1928 Durant

Re: Spring Meet East Coast Chapter

Thanks Bill for all your hard work on this. I know what it's like to organize an event and know what goes into it. Looks like a great place to meet and look forward to being there. See you in May!

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Bill,
Thank you for taking charge of this East Coast Spring Meet.
We have booked our Hotel room and if all goes well our Durant will be there.

Where Are You From? Muskegon, Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 A22 Durant

When making reservations make sure you mention you are wite the Durant Motors Automobile Club.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star, 1928 Durant

Hi Bill,
I am all set up for the May Spring Meet. See you in Kalamazoo.

Where Are You From? Staten Island New York

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star Touring

We are making plans to come to the spring meet.

Where Are You From? PA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 2

I purchased a 14', 2 axle trailer today for the sole purpose of transporting a '25 Flint project to Kalamazoo for Jack Connor. Jack and I decided it will be a package deal and make things much simpler. I got the trailer cheap enough to make it worthwhile.
This way Jack gets a neat Durant project and I get some more floor space in my barn!!
If Gary still has his '24 Star project I may bring some parts for him also.
That ought to make me a full load.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

Don,Jack,All,
I may, or may not be able to get way up North this year to Mich. for the Spring meet. But will try to make it. Guys also congratulations on your "new" FLINT project!

If interested I have some FLINT parts; Transmission, Hubcaps, Manuals, magazine, Misc. Interior, and maybe other FLINT chassis,fuel,exhaust, etc. Parts. They were mixed in with the Loco stuff by the prior owner! So let me know if you are interested in any of this?
Thanks,
Lance C.

Where Are You From? Niceville Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 28 Locomobile 8-70, 25 Loco JR-8 Brougham, 26 Loco JR-8 Sedan, and JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

DON...I STILL HAVE THE STAR 1925 F ROADSTER....I WILL TRY TO SEE WHAT I STILL NEED A.S.A.P...AND GET A LIST TO YOU TO SEE WHAT IS AVAILABLE...THANX FOR REMEMBERING ME....GARY K

Where Are You From? PENNA.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DURANT 6-14 COACH ; 1925 STAR F ROADSTER

Hi All......

Made our reservations today!

Cathy & I will be there with one of our cars.

See yunz all in Kalamazoo.......

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 17 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

Hi: Tom and I have our reservations made.
Getting in later on Wed. 11th and leaving early Sunday. Gary email me if you are interested in going with us. Karen

Where Are You From? PA

If anyone is planning on attending the meet in Kalamazoo the motel is only holding rooms till April 18th. The rate is $89 per night. Mention the Durant Motor Club when reserving your room. Spring will be here before you know it so don't wait to sign up.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star, 1928Durant

Hello, Mike and I will be driving in to Kalamazoo....should be there thursday a.m. in time for lunch or sooner.....see you all there.

Where Are You From? PENNA.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DURANT 6-14 COACH ; 1925 STAR F ROADSTER

I just talked to the hotel and they informed me that up to this time 13 rooms have been reserved. The rooms will not be held much longer so if you are interested in attending you should make your reservations soon. We are looking forward to a great group attending this event. See ya soon!

Was wondering what all is planned for this meet?

Where Are You From? Pa

The time will soon be here. At this point we have about 30 people signed up. Our activities will include a trip to the Gilmore Car Museum on either Friday or Saturday depending on the weather. We will also be going to the Kalamazoo Air Zoo and possibly a wine tasting tour. We are not planning on any registration fee and paying for events as we go. We may also have a surprise or two for you. The meet will be very informal with time to socialize so bring your stories and pictures.

Where Are You From? Michigan

Hi Bill
Air fare has been paid to Philadelphia, reservations secured at the hotel. Flying into Philadelphia and then Gary K and I will be driving in. Looking forward to the event and a chance to catch up with everyone.

Heading out bright and early in the morning. 07:00 flight out of Mickey Mouse town. See you all in Kalamazoo!

We made it home safe & sound a totally boring uneventful drive back to Pa. Unlike the very exciting, hanging on to the edge of the doors by the seat of your pants, with Franks boarders loosing their home on the raising of the roof, having your shower without soap and most definately needing a shower and hair washing on arrival back at the hotel. It was much more fun with you Frank. Thanks for giving me something to laugh so hard about. Karen & Tom

Where Are You From? PA

The Durant Motors Automobile Club